Chapter fifty-nine.

"How long do you think we have until she realizes she has your father's old key?" JJ asks.

"Ten minutes." John B answers.

"Whose idea was the fake key?" Pope asks baffled.

"Shockingly, not mine." Kie says shrugging.

"Hmm, I don't know." John B asks putting his arm around JJ as JJ makes a face. John B pats JJ's chest twice. "Should we tell him?"

"Wow. I'm impressed. Maybe you are good for something." Kie says.

"That was mean." Presley says.

"Did hell freeze over?" Pope asks as he punches JJ softly.

"Even a blind pig can find an acorn at times." JJ says and he laughs. "I actually don't even know what that saying means, but I saw it on Reddit."

"Okay, guys, we don't have a lot of time, alright. We gotta take this tape to Shoupe." John B says.

"Yes, sir. Ward Cameron, we're coming for you, big boy." JJ says. I see Sarah's face drop.

"You're going all the way down." Pope says as the boys start walking away.

"Shotgun!" JJ says. John B puts Presley on his shoulders.

"It's Ward's turn now!" Pope laughs. Kie and Ky follow right after the boys and I put my arms around Sarah.

"It's for a good cause, Kookie." I say.

"Yeah." Sarah says.

"At least he isn't dead. My dad is." I say.

"Yeah. Sorry about that, by the way." Sarah says.

"Oh, you don't have to apologize for that. I want him to. I want him to look me in the eyes and apologize for murdering my father as he's sitting behind bars of course." I say.

"You know there is some more good to this besides justice for Big John." Sarah says.

"What is that?" I ask.

"You're in the last stage of grief. Acceptance." Sarah says and we get into the Twinkie with the rest of them.

~~~Sheriff's Department~~~

"When I got down to the tarmac, I saw the sheriff lying dead on the ground. And then Ward asked me to fly the gold to Nassau and dispose of the gun. He's protecting his son. It was Rafe Cameron who killed Sheriff Peterkin. I- I gotta be honest with you. I'm terrified. If anything happens to me, I'm telling you, it was Ward Cameron. He's the one who did it!" Gavin says on the tape.

"I told you, Shoupe. Ward killed my father and Gavin, and now you know Rafe killed Peterkin." John B says.

"Yeah. I know, kid. I know." Shoupe says.

"Sorry, we didn't believe you, October. Sign this picture and we'll have them hanging in all the offices and the waiting area so everyone knows to take you seriously." Bratcher says. He puts a picture of me and a sharpie in front of me.

"Especially when you sound crazy." Shoupe says.

"Are you guys asking for my autograph?" I ask.

"No." Bratcher answers.

"No." Shoupe says.

"I didn't know I was famous." I say.

"That's- no." Bratcher says. I signed the picture.

"That's a collector's item. It's the only picture of me that I have ever autographed. You may wanna cherish that." I say handing Shoupe the picture and the sharpie. Shoupe pins the picture to his corkboard.