Chapter thirty-eight

~~~The Palace, One week later~~~

JJ whistles as I walk down the dock.

"Phew, is it hot out here or is that just you?" JJ asks.

"Looking fine, Mamacita." Pope says. I start posing like I'm on the runway as I walk down to them. I get to the end of the dock. JJ pushes his sunglasses down and looks at me over them.

"Hola, Señorita." JJ says in a Spanish accent.

"Hi, JJ." I say.

"Did I tell you that you look beautiful today?" JJ asks.

"No, you haven't. But it's very nice to hear it and not read it. Thank you for making the effort to tell me every day." I say. He smiles and I look over at Pope.

"Ready?" Pope asks.

"Well, this is no way to treat your royal highness." I say in a British accent.

"You're right. Sorry, your majesty." Pope says in a British accent. He takes my hand and kisses it. I stand there and Pope clears his throat.

"Oh, my Princess." JJ says in a British accent kissing the other hand.

"Now, help the princess aboard." I say in a British accent. Pope and JJ hold my hands as I get on the boat. "I missed you guys." I say in my normal voice. I pull the two of them in for a hug. "More than words."

"We missed you, too, B." JJ says.

"I don't know how we survived a week without you." Pope says.

~~~The Château~~~

"Ky, we're back." JJ calls out.

"Finally, I didn't know it took that long to pick up Kie." Ky says coming out of the Château. Her jaw drops and she runs towards me. I run towards her and we meet in a hug. "Kit!"

"I missed you, Tilly." I say.

"I don't even care that you called me that stupid slightly offensive nickname. I'm so happy to see you." Ky says.

"Tobi!" Presley yells running towards me.

"Aww, pea drop. I missed you so much." I say. I squat down and he hugs me. I stand up with him in my arms and spin around once. "Did you get taller?"

"Two inches. JJ measured me." Presley says.

"I'm actually gonna go get Kie now." Pope says.

"Don't be too long." I say.

"Or do. We don't care." Ky says. Pope waves and walks away.

"Hey, what time did your mom say you had to be home?" JJ asks.

"Um, I can stay out tonight." I say.

"No, no, no, no, no, no, no. No. No. No. We are not disobeying your mom's wishes because if we do she's never gonna let you out of the house, again." Ky says.

"Trust me she will." I say.

"And why is that?" JJ asks.

"Because she kicked me out." I say.

"What?!" They both say loudly.

"Ow, Ky. I'm like three inches away from you." I say.

"She kicked you out?" JJ asks.

"Yeah. Not permanently, though." I say.

"Why did your mom kick you out?" Ky asks.

"Oh, because I'm a violent person and my brother was a murderer." I say.