Chapter thirty-three.

"Advise if you need AirTran. Copy." The dispatcher says. "Are you there?" She repeatedly taps her walkie.

"Uh.. excuse me, ma'am." I say.

"This is not a good time, kid. Adam, advise if you need AirTran." She says.

"I know who shot the sheriff." I say.

"You stay put. I'll get a deputy." The dispatcher says running away.

"Central, three Vick. We have a suspect in our 31. John Routledge." Shoupe says over the walkie.

"Copy that. All units, be on the lookout for John B Routledge." A woman says.

"Sixteen-year-old white male. Six foot. Last seen wearing board shorts, a "Bad Brains" T-shirt, and a faded red hoodie." Shoupe says and some police officers come out the door.

"Copy that." The woman says.

"Just.. breathe. All right?" The officer says.

"Let me see your hands." The deputy says.

"John B, do what he says." The officer says.

"Look, I didn't.. I didn't do it, okay?" I say slowly taking my hands out of my pocket.

"Don't.. move." The deputy says. I start to run. "Don't move!"

"Shit!" I whisper running out the door. "Kie! Start the car! Start the car, Kie!"

"What? John B? John B, what did you do?" Kie asks as the boys help me in the car.

"The cops!" I say.

"Shit!" JJ says.

"Go!" Pope yells.

"Kie, drive! Go!" JJ says.

"Okay, I'm going! I'm going! I'm sorry!" Kie says.

"Go, Kie! Go!" I scream.

"Stop the car!" The deputy yells starting to bang on the window. "Right now!"

"What did you do?" Kie asks.

"Open it." Pope says. The deputy falls and we all start breathing heavily.

~~~The next morning in the hospital, Tobi's POV~~~

I wake up to a sigh. I look up and see Pope.

"Okay, good, you're up." Pope says.

"Well, good morning to you, too." I say.

"I thought we were gonna have to take you while you were out." Pope says.

"We?" I ask and JJ jumps through the window.

"You definitely got the easy way." JJ says dusting hisself off. "Good morning, babydoll. Did I tell you that you look beautiful today?" JJ asks out of breath. "Because you do."