Chapter forty-six.

"Oh, shit. I take it back." Kie says.

"Fuck so do I. I really don't wanna die in here." I say.

"Guys." Kie said. "Guys, the water!" We climb up the ladder some as the catch basin fills.

"Girls, get out of there now!" Pope shouts.

"We don't have time! Guys!" Kie screams. I slip off the ladder. "Shit! Oh no! Tobi! Tobi!" Kie screams reaching for me. "No, she's gonna die!"

"B!" JJ screams. I feel something hit my foot and I go down there and grab around.

"TOBIII!!" Kie screamed. "TOBI, GET UP HERE, NOW!! TOBIII!!" I pull the gun out and go back up showing it to Kie. She gasps and I hand it to her. She puts it in the back of her shorts before grabbing my hand pulling me back on the ladder.

"Help!" I scream as we climb up the ladder.

"Kie, B!" JJ screams.

"Kie!" Pope screams.

"Kiara!" Pope screams.

"Bubbles!" JJ screams.

"Please! Pope! Guys!" Kie screams tapping the manhole cover.

"JJ! Pope!" I say.

"Help! We're over here!" Kie screams.

"Kiara!" Pope screams.

"Don't worry, guys. We're right here!" JJ screams.

"I don't wanna die in a sewer." I cried. "I didn't even get to fall in love yet."

"Kie!" JJ screams.

"Tobes." Pope says.

"B, we're coming! Hold on tight." JJ screams.

"Hey, guys! Guys, we're over here!" Kie screams. "The water's coming up."

"Tell Ky, if I die clean out my phone and toss it in the ocean." I say.

"Don't do that." Kie says.

"Kie! B!" JJ says as he and Pope bend down around the manhole.

"Pull! Pull it!" Kie says. We push as the two of them pull.

"Ow." I say as the pressure pushes up against us.

"Hurry! Hurry!" Kie screams. The water's around our necks by now.

"Pope! Pope! Please! Please!" Kie screams.

"Don't worry, Kie! We'll get you out of there! I promise." Pope says.

"If I die in here, I didn't." I say.

"We're not gonna let you die in there, B." JJ says. I stick my hand out and he runs his fingers across mine. He grunts.

"Shit!" Pope says.

"JJ! Pope! JJ!" Kie says.

"I love you, guys, just know that." I say. The water goes over our heads. They get the grate off and we come up out of the hole. We get fully out and start retching and spitting out whatever got into our mouths. JJ grabs me and I lay against him whimpering a little.

"You okay? I thought we lost you." Pope says wrapping his arms around Kie.

"Pope, get off me. Pope, get off me." Kie says pushing him off.

"You okay?" JJ asks.

"Yeah, I just swam in the sewage system of a town that eats mostly seafood. Gross." I say crying. JJ starts to run his hand down the back of my head before shaking his hand out.