Chapter fifty-two.

~~~About Two Weeks Later~~~

I wake up and see a dress hanging in front of me. Roark walks past, wet with a towel wrapped around his waist.

"Good morning, kitten." Roark says.

"Good morning, Tiger." I say.

"Did I ever tell you how much I love waking up next to you?" Roark asks.

"Once or twice." I reply.

"Well, that's because you were only in my bed once or twice." Roark says.

"Yeah, but you were also in mine once or twice." I say.

"Four times." Roark says. He kisses me on my forehead before walking into his closet. "But who's counting?"

"Hey, what's up with this dress?" I ask.

"It's for you." Roark says. He grabs some clothes out of his closet and comes back into the bedroom. "John B's trail is today." Roark says getting dressed. "So, go take a shower. I laid out clothes in the bathroom. I'm gonna drop you off at the Château and go to work. But after work, we have that date. I wanna see you in that dress for our date and hopefully, I can take it off you after."

"You got high hopes." I say. He kisses the side of the bottom part of his index finger and I do the same. We put those parts together. It's a thing we do because he knows how much I don't like kissing in the morning before I brush my teeth.

"And brush your teeth so I can properly kiss you." He says. I smile and he goes back into his closet. I look at the dress and smile before putting a pillow over my face. I lightly scream into the pillow before bringing it down and looking at the dress again. I get up and go over to it getting a closer look at it. I feel down the curves of the dress.

~

"There's my girl." Roark says.

"Yeah, here she is." I say. He slowly looks from my lips to my eyes a couple of times before grabbing my face and kissing me. When he breaks the kiss he puts his forehead to mine and exhales deeply. He kisses my forehead and grabs my hand. We walk out of the apartment.

~~~The Château~~~

"Please don't leave me here alone." I said after getting out of Roark's car.

"It can't be that bad." Roark says as he get out. He guides me inside.

"Hi, guys." I say.

"Hey, B." JJ says. "It's been a while." I stay silent as I walk over to him at the kitchen counter. "Um, did you sleep well?"

"Huh?" I ask sitting down on one of the stools. He raises his eyebrows and I look behind me at Roark who was talk to Ky.

"Didn't do much sleeping, did you?" JJ asks. I didn't say anything. He chuckled nervously. "Um, you don't have to worry about Presley. I got him ready. He wants to see John B."

"Okay." I say. Roark comes over and wraps his arms around me. He bends down to my ear.

"You're gonna play nice, right?" Roark whispers in my ear.

"No promises." I say.

"I have to go check on the kids before work and change my belt." Roark says.

"Not a good enough belt to whip me with?" I ask. He backs away from my ear.

"That is not.. no. That's not why I'm changing it. I wouldn't.. whip you with the belt anyway. Plus I'm gonna change before our date." He says.

"Mhm. Sure." I say.