Chapter twenty-six.

~~~

"So, they keep money out here?" Pope asks.

"That's what she said." JJ says. He chuckles a little. "That's what she said."

"Stop." Pope says.

"I've never even heard of Resurrection Drive." Sarah says.

"'Cause you're rich." JJ says.

"You've never heard of it either." Kie says to JJ.

"Thank you." Sarah says.

"There's nothing but weeds back here." Kie says.

"All right, just 'cause it's just weeds, doesn't mean it's, like..." JJ says pausing to think of something. A police siren whoops.

"Cops? Out here?" Kie asks.

"God! Are you kidding me?" JJ asks.

"What did we do?" Sarah asks.

"Why are we getting pulled over?" Pope asks.

"Stash that." Pope says.

"Chill, guys." Kie says.

"Put it-" Pope says and JJ turns his face towards John B.

"I hate cops." JJ says.

"Did you bring the gun?" John B asks.

"No. Okay?" JJ says as he wraps the gold in a cloth. "Everybody told me to leave it back at the place."

"Thank God." Kie says.

"Okay." Pope says.

"Please, everything else in your bag." Kie says.

"I am! I am, all right?" JJ says.

"Oh, oh." Pope says, helping JJ put the bag inside the seat.

"How much weed do you have on you, bro?" Kie asks.

"What's weed?" Presley asks.

"Um." Kie says.

"He's walking up, right now." Pope says.

"Hurry up." Kie says.

"Nothing better to do, sir?" John B asks as the officer cocks a gun.

"Why don't I go ahead and see them hands up in the air right now?" He asked. "All y'all's hands up in the air now! You, out of the car! Let's go!" We all put our hands up and John B slowly gets out of the car. "Out of the car! Let's go! Hurry! Let them out! What are you waitin' on? What are you waitin' on? Let them out!" The guy says as John B walks around the front of the van with his hands still in the air. Sarah whimpers as John B passes by her window. "All y'all!" John B opens the door. "Go on! Go on! Let's go, out the car! Let's go!" The guy says as Sarah gets out. "Here you go, pretty girl. Here we go! Get out the car, let's go! Hurry up! There you go!"

"What's happening, Tobi?" Presley asks.

"Just take my hand. Do what I do, okay?" I ask and Presley nods. We all get out of the car.

"We're broke." JJ says.

"Shut the hell up!" The guy yells.

"All right! Just relax!" JJ says.

"Shut the hell up! Shut up!" The guy says.

"Chill!" Pope says.

"Blow your damn head off! Lay down in the ditch! Lay down in the ditch! On your goddamn hands and knees! Down! Put your face on the ground! Stay here just like that! Put your head down!" The guy yells as we all get down on our knees and lay forward with our hands on our heads. "Don't let me see you look up! All right? That's all y'all gotta do." The guy gets in the van.