Funeral

TW⚠️ there are parts in this where it is very homophobic. If you are uncomfortable with that, please skip this chapter. Just know she is definitely dead lol

___________

Current date: March 13

Kenma was sat at home on the couch editing some videos. "Mama Im heading out now!" Kenma looked up and saw Kai grabbing his coat. "Alright see you in a couple of days. Give me a hug before you leave though" Kai nodded and went over to Kenma giving him a kiss on the cheek and a hug. "Its just a fieldtrip mama. Ill be fine, Haku and Kawai are going to be with me" Kenma nodded and hugged Kai tightly before letting him go. "Alright you better take pictures while youre in Korea and at least text us every night to let us know youre alive" Kai chuckled and nodded. "Will do. See you Monday! Bye" Kenma waved at Kai as he left the house and closed the front door. Kenma was going to get back to work when the door opened again. "Heres some mail from outside. Ok now this time is for real, bye!" Kenma giggled as Kai closed the door once more.

There were about 5 envelopes Kai left. Most of them were taxes but one stood out. Usually everything was adressed to Kenma name 'Kenma Kuroo'. However this one envelope said 'Kenma Kozume'. Kenma raised an eyebrow and picked up the envelope taking it to the kitchen. Kenma sat down at the kitchen table and opened the envelope to find a two seperate papers. Kenma picked up his tea and took a sip while reading the note. Suddenly, Kenma gasped and dropped his cup making it crash to the floor. Kenma shakily  read the note over one more time to make sure what he read was true.

______________

To Kenma Kozume,

We are sorry to inform you that your mother passed away on March 12 at 11:56 pm. Her wake will be held March 15. The funeral will be the next day. Please contact the person who organized the wake to talk about the details of anything she gave you through her will. We are incredibly sorry for your loss.

From, The Funeral Director

______________

Kenma didnt know what to do. He put the paper down and picked up the other one seeing it was a letter from his mother. Kenma coudlnt read it. He had to process the information at hand first before jumping straight into a letter from his mom. Kenma slowly bent down and picked up the pieces of the broken cup and threw them away. He cleaned up the tea and walked to the couch with the letter. Kenma sat down and stared at the wall. Slowly, tears built up in Kenmas eyes. Yes, he may have hated his mother because she never supported him, didnt show him love. But deep down, Kenma still hoped that his mother would one day come to the house with open arms and apologies for all the agony she caused him. But now that would never happen. She was dead and there was nothing Kenma could do about that.

Tears rolled down Kenmas face. He felt himself suddenly feel sick. Kenma got up and ran to the bathroom. He leaned over the toilet and threw up. Once he was done, Kenma flushed the toilet and got up looking in the mirror. "The letter. ." Kenma still had that small sense of hope his mother would accept him. Would just say she loved him. Thats all he wanted. Kenma went into the living room and grabbed the letter. He started reading it hoping for any sign his mother cared for him.

______________

To my son Kenma,

Im old. Im going to die any time now but I wanted to tell you some things before I go. I wish you were different. I wish you werent gay. I wish you didnt choose to live a life of sin. Maybe I wouldve been there for you. We couldve had a good relationship. Sadly, thats not what happened. I wish your kids the best. Even if I dont agree with their choices, they are only children and have time to grow and learn from your mistakes.