Kaihaku: Bullies

TW!! Bullying and Offensive language used

Kai woke up feeling well rested. It felt like it would be a good day which was rare for Kai since highschool was so draining. He heard baby cries and Kenma speaking faintly from down the hall. Kojiro must be hungry. Kai got up and saw the bathroom light on. Temari was brushing her teeth. "Oh goodmorning Kai. Tsu is getting up in a minute and dad is downstairs making breakfast" Kai raised an eyebrow and looked at his phone. "Oh shit I woke up late. ." Kenma came out of Kojiros room down the hall and was rocking Kojiro back and forth. "No, we turned off your early alarms since youve done so much. Your dad will take Tsu and Mar to school today and you can drive in the car. Ok?" Kai smiled and nodded. He knew as the oldest, he was required to have a little more responsiblity in the home but he was moving out soon and Kenma and Kuroo needed to start letting Kai do things himself. Including taking himself to school instead of leaving a half hour early to drop off Tsu and Mar at their school.

Kai drove himself to school and parked in the schools parking lot. He got out and walked to the school entrance where he saw his boyfriend waiting for him. "Haku!" Kai called out as he jogged to him. Haku gave Kai a big smile and quickly jumped in Kais arms. "Goodmorning babe!" Kai kissed Haku and Haku kissed back, not wanting to let go but their classes were starting soon. Haku pulled away and Kai placed him down gently. "Cmon baby, we dont want to be late for class" Haku blushed but nodded and walked with Kai into the school holding hands.

Kai dropped of Kohaku by his class leaving a small kiss on his forehead. "See you at lunch. Same spot?" Haku giggled and nodded. "Always has been, always will be" Kai smiled as he waved a small bye and jogged to his first class. Kohaku watched Kai turn the corner and then finally walked into the classroom where he was immediately met with a group of boys. "Oh look guys! If it isnt the gay kid! Did your shitty gay boyfriend walk you here?" The guys behind the main leader of the group laughed. Kohaku rolled his eyes and walked forward. "Move Shiro. I dont want to deal with you today. Or ever to be exact." Haku tried to walk past but Shiro pushed him, making him fall back on his butt.

His bag spilled out classwork and supplies. Shiro walked to Kohakus bag and picked up a picture that had fallen out of Hakus bag. "Is this you and your boyfriend?" Shiro asked with a evil smile. Hakus face drained of color and he quickly reached for the picture, only for it to be taken away. "Give it back Shiro!" Haku was furious. He didnt know what to do. It was a special picture of him and Kai. It was their first date picture and Kai insisted they get a poloroid instead of a regular picture on the phone. He said to make it more 'aesthetic'. And Haku loves the picture. They look so happy and they were so young. Now Shiro had the picture and was examining it closely. "Nah. I think Ill keep it. Just to show everyone that you are your boyfriend are disgusting" Haku went to jump on Shiro and get the picture back but one of the other guys quickly pinned Haku down. "Dont even think about hurting Shiro. You got to get through me and the rest of us here if you wanna do that" Haku groaned from his head hitting the floor when being pinned down. His head started throbbing immediately and even laying down he felt dizzy. The guy quickly let go of Haku and started picking up his things.

Haku turned and saw the teacher walked in the classroom. "Oh my what happened!" The guys picking up Hakus papers looked up at the teacher. "Kohaku slipped while coming in so we were helping him" The teacher smiled at the boy and patted his head. "You guys are such good kids. Haku, if you need to, go to the nurses office. Im sure your friends could take care of your bag for you" Kohaku quickly got up and snacthed his papers from the boy. "Nope Im fine" Haku quickly went to his seat, feeling pain in his head and guilt in his stomach for losing the picture to someone like Shiro. Shiro and his gang just gave Haku smirks as they sat in there seats and the class acted like nothing happened.

_________

It was finally lunch time and Kai was having the best day so far. He got good sleep, had his dads amazing breakfast, saw his boyfriend in the morning, got top grades on all his tests, and was able to answer every question right that the teacher asked him. And now he was finally able to see his boyfriend again. Kai ran outside of the school and to the back. There was a small bench with a tree providing shade. It was the perfect spot for small lunch dates wirh Haku. Usually Haku would be at the table before Kai, but this time Kai was first. "Thats weird. . maybe I should go look for hi-" "Kai! Sorry babe I was- doing something" Haku ran up and hugged Kai from behind. Kai smiled and turned around. Haku had a bruise on his cheek. Kai's eyes widened as he quickly started examining Hakus face. "How did this happen?? Did someone do this to you? I swear I will beat them up! Nobody fucking touches you. Ill-" "Kai calm down please! I got hit in the face during PE with a softball. I already went to the nurse and she gave me some ice earlier. Im fine, really babe" Kai looked at Haku and something just didnt sit right with him about it but he let it slide. "Alright fine. . . but Im going to your house after school so I can take care of that bruise. Ok?" Haku nodded with a small sad smile and nodded. He teared up but Kai was quick to wipe the tears. "Whats wrong baby?" Haku hugged Kai tightly and put his face in his chest. "I just- youre the best. I love you so much" Kai felt like something else was wrong but it also wasnt unsual for Haku to get emotional about these things so Kai just hugged Haku and kissed his forehead.