Seventy Eight

_______________________________

Soomin stood frozen in disbelief, her eyes widening as Jimin presented her with an unexpected choice. The weight of the divorce papers he had sent her still lingered heavily in her mind, a stark reminder of the past where their marriage had been forced upon her.

Now, in the midst of a crowd that surrounded them, he was asking her to marry him again, but this time, giving her a choice. Confusion mingled with shock, causing her thoughts to jumble and her heart to race.

She glanced around, aware of the watchful eyes of those witnessing this unexpected moment. The weight of their expectations bore down on her, making it difficult to decipher her true desires. Questions swirled in her mind, questioning the sincerity of his intentions and the authenticity of his newfound freedom of choice. Amidst the cacophony of emotions, she struggled to find her voice, torn between the remnants of pain and the flicker of hope that dared to ignite within her.

There was no doubt that she did not love him, in fact she was sure that he loved her a lot too. But Soomin still could not wrap her head around this situation. This confounding behaviour of Jimin was making it hard for Soomin to come up with a reaction.

- Kang Soomin, will you marry me? And this time the choice is yours.

He stated as Soomin's eyes widened in response. Choice, when they married Jimin practically forced her to marry him and did not treat her properly for the initial days of their marriage and now he is giving her a choice because now she knows every single flaws about Jimin, she knows how he treats her and how their future would be if she stays and she was sure that if she said yes her future would be perfect, like a fairytale.

But right now her mind was blank.

Soomin felt like she was suffocating, she had no idea how to respond to the man kneeling in front of him with a ring in his hand. She felt suffocated as she looked around the room which was full of people who were waiting anticipated for her response.

She did what she thought was the best to do at this point.

She ran.

Soomin ran outside as fast as possible not knowing where her feet were taking her and suddenly she felt a hand grip and she turned back expecting it to be Jimin but it was actually Eunwoo. Her eyes widened realising she saw him after so long. She didn't even remember the last time they saw eachother.

- Eunwoo?

She said out of breath as he flashed her his smile and she gulped.

- Why are you running so fast? Is a murderer behind you or something?

He joked but she didn't laugh and she realised what she did and her eyes were widening once more as she slapped her forehead.

- Why the fuck did I ran from there? Jimin... the reporters will make fun of him. Oh no what should I do?

Eunwoo looked at her worried as he held her shoulders.

- Soomin, what happened?

He asked as she explained him everything about how he sent her divorce papers in the morning and how he is proposing her now out of nowhere.

- Hey, it's okay it's completely alright, you felt anxious because of all those stares and you did what you wanted to. You thought about yourself and it's fine.

He said but she couldn't help but feel guilty, she just shook her head continuously as she was taking deep breaths in and out.

- How can I be so selfish? Eunwoo,  the reporters must be asking Jimin so many questions he must be heartbroken.