She isn't normal• part 1 ~Arvin Russell

Summary- y/n is new in town, but she isn't the same as everyone else, she wears shorts, dungarees and trousers, she has never worn a dress or a skirt in her life, which is one of the reasons why she is constantly bullied, but then she meets Lenora, they help each other through the bullying. Lenora told Arvin all about y/n and how she helps her, he doesn't think much of it until he meets the angel....
Warnings: fluff, angst, swearing ig
This is my first one so don't judge it <3
Word count: 1233
Third person
Y/n had just finished unpacking her boxes in her new room, it was nothing like the one she had back in Tennessee, this one was pink and girly, while back home hers was a light grey with pictures of her and her old friends all over the wall. So obviously her room needed some work. Though it was late at night, and she started at her new school the next day, so she had to deal with this for the moment, maybe she could pick something up on the way home. She put on her pyjamas and found herself under her silky covers falling into a deep sleep.

The morning sun shone through the window, the pink on her walls turning into a peachy pink because of the orange sun. She climbed out of bed and went to her box full of clothes, she just decided to wear the first outfit she saw, denim shorts with a white T-shirt, she took her braided hair out which left her with her y/h/c wavy, flowing loosely over her shoulders. She took one more glance at herself in the mirror before leaving her room and going too see her mother and father in the kitchen making breakfast. "Hey mom, hey daddy, watcha makin'?" Her parents turned round with bright smiles on their faces, "just thought we'd try makin' the English breakfast our neighbours were talkin' bout'", y/n replied back "well it smells absolutely delicious." Y/n was a very bright girl, she never let sadness over power her, she was what people would call a 'glass half full type o' person' she appreciated everyone for everything, always thought there was good in everybody.

After the L/n's finished their breakfast y/n's dad took her to school and dropped her off outside the doors, she took a quick breath before making her way inside. The hallways were crowded with people, none of them lookin' anything like her, which caused a few people to glance her way, oh who was she kidding, everyone was staring at her, judging her outfit since it wasn't a skirt or a pretty dress. She felt her cheeks rise, but everyone's attention was brought over to the big crowd that was starting to form ahead of them. Furrowing her eyebrows she followed along.

Once she reached the circle she found 3 tall boys towering over a smaller girl, she had a pretty red dress on and beautiful Auburn hair that flowed just past her shoulders. One of the boys placed a bag over her head while she sat there still praying. Y/n was quick to shoot over to the boy that was bout' to hit the poor girl and kicked the back of his leg which caused them to buckle and have him fall to the ground. The three boys completely forgot about the other girl whom had now taken the bag off of her head, anxiously waiting for her saviours next move. "Who do you think you are?" One of the boys spoke. "Y/n. Y/n L/n" she spoke back with confidence, the boys chuckled and the taller one let his eyes wander her tiny body "well, pretty girl, I suggest you move past" he said. Y/n chuckled back, dropped her head before looking back up at the taller boy "or else what? You gonn' hit a girl?" Finally a teacher came and split everyone up, which gave her a chance to speak to the girl who was still on the ground. "Hey hon, y'alright?" She said to the girl "yeah 'm alright, just Gene and his bullies. Thank you, you didn't need to help me" she replied back. "Don't be silly, but maybe you could help me, I have no idea where B16 is" y/n giggled, the girl giggled back and said "of course, come on I'll show ya, by the way, names lenora" "nice to meet you lenora, I'm y/n."

Y/n was finally settled in her new school, with her new friend lenora, the two were inseparable after the day they met, though Y/n was still yet to meet her family, until today that was. Lenora had invited the girl over for a sleepover. Y/n's daddy dropped her off at the house and she gave the door a gentle knock while her daddy drove away. Lenora was quick to open the door and immediately the gorgeous smell of chicken and potatoes hit her in the face. "Hey!! Come in, come in! Everyone this is y/n the pretty girl I was tellin' y'all bout'!" Y/n's cheeks were quick to turn pink at the compliment, "lenora come on now you're prettier!" She replied back. "Oh shush now y/n, anyway, this is my grandma Emma, my uncle Easrkel and my step brother, Arvin" the tall boy was quick too look up from the table at the sound of his name, but his eyes were quick to meet hers, his toffee iris' quickly being replaced by the darkness of his pupil. A smirk grew on his face when he noticed the girl blushing at him, cheeks turning the colour of roses. "Hi. I'm Arvin, Lenora just doesn't shut up bout' you" arvin introduced himself. "Yeah, she's um, she's mentioned you a few times" y/n shook his hand.

Dinner was quick to finally becoming ready, and they all sat down, and said their prayers. Though during the prayers Y/n and Arvin were too busy staring at each other. They stole glances from each other during dinner too, and lenora was quick to notice, she just smiled to herself, the thought of her brother and her best friend quickly overflowed lenora's mind, and she loved the idea.

After dinner Y/n and Lenora went to Lenora's room, they put on music and Lenora brought out a few magazines that she was yet to read, and they were dancing around having a fun time, until Lenora turned the radio down and spoke up "so, you and Arvin seemed to like the view at dinner." "What do ya mean?" You replied back. Lenora giggled, "come on y/n you two didn't stop staring at each other the whole time!" Y/n blushed, she didn't know Lenora noticed her heart eyes when looking at her brother. "Well, I mean, no! It's your brother, no, not gonn' happen" Lenora giggled again and said "well you two have my full support if you guys ever wanna get together, y'all would be so cute, and then we could be sister in law" you chuckled at her enthusiasm and said back "yeah well, we'll see."

Little did they know Arvin was on the other side of the door doing a small victory dance at y/n's words