It hurts so good• TH

Summary: you and your ex boyfriend still hang around together since you are in the same friend group, but since it's a large group you don't have to talk to each other, until one Christmassy night

Warnings: swearing, angst, fighting, crying, Ex!boyfriend to lovers, fluff, suggestive themes.
Pairing: ex! Tom x ex! Reader.
Word count: 1.1k
Song suggestion: 'MIDDLE OF THE NIGHT' -Elley Duhé

Your POV:
"Merry Christmas!" You smiled as you walked into Graces apartment for a small Christmas get together, which meant your ex would be there.

You and Tom were dating for a few months before you broke up after a huge fight. The worst part of it was that you were in the same friend group and no one would take sides, you both knew this when you broke up. But you thought it shouldn't be too bad since your friend group was relatively large, so it's not like you had to talk to each other.

"Merry Christmas!! You want a red wine right?" Grace asked, which you just nodded in response, leaning down to take off your shoes. "Okay, well we are all in the living room, come through when you're ready" she smiled before setting off, you stood back up before taking off your winters jacket, when you heard someone walk in. You hung up the jacket and your spine tingled at the breeze that hit you.

You turned around and your blood ran cold when you saw that it was your ex Tom. You gave him a small smile before you looked up at the light that began to flicker on and off. You both looked at the man behind the flickering lights (Haz flicking the light switches off and on), he gave you both a smug smirk before pointing above your heads and shutting the door. Leaving.

You both furrowed your eyebrows and looked above you, gulping when you saw mistletoe above your heads. You looked back at Tom, noticing a small smirk tugging at his soft lips.

"We c-can just say that uh, we kissed, we don't have to-" you began but was interrupted.

"Where's the fun in that?" Tom said lowly before taking both of your wrists in his one hand and placing them above your head before smashing his lips onto yours.

You let out a noise of surprise before you let your eyes flutter shut as you sank into the kiss. Tonight Tom had let his curls run wild and you let out a noise of frustration when you couldn't let your hands run through them. You felt toms lips smirk against yours before he deepened the kiss, letting his tongue dominate your mouth the way you used to love.

One of his hands raised to cup your jaw as he continued to dominate your mouth. Oh how you had missed the taste of him, or the way his lips moulded down perfectly with yours, or the way his nose would bump on yours every so often or the way you could feel his curls tickling your forehead lightly.

The kiss slowed down eventually, until it came to a stop. He stroked his thumb over your cheek and looked at you once more through his glasses before spinning on his heal and leaving you in the hallway.

Your chest heaved as you tried to catch your breath. Tears threatened to spill your eyes as you watched him leave the hallway and out of sight, when you finally let them fall. You never got over Tom, you were still madly in love with him, and it hurt, it hurt so bad.

You wiped your tears and made your way through the hallway to find everyone in the living room cheery and festive, including Tom, as if the kiss had never just happened. You felt like he was playing on your heart strings, and all you could feel was a burn in your chest.

~
"Everyone get home safe! Y/n you wanna crash on our couch tonight?" Harrison asked, chuckling at your tipsy state as you stumbled over your feet.

"No that's okay, I'll just walk home, it's not too far anyway" you shrugged, wrapping my your jacket around you tightly.

"Don't be ridiculous, y/n I'll drive you home, I've only had one beer anyway" Tom shrugged, stepping out the door next to you. You gulped and nodded, shoving your hands quickly into your coat pocket.

"Alright lovers, see you tomorrow" Haz smirked, wiggling his eyebrows before shutting the door before you could respond. You sighed and followed him, all the way out to the car, and when you clicked in he said the thing you just did not want to hear.

"About the kiss-" he began but you cut him off.

"No, I don't want to hear the whole it was a mistake talk okay, so let me just answer your questions. Yes I can pretend it didn't happen, no I won't look into it and yes it was a good kiss, can we go?" You snapped, sighing as you crossed your arms over your chest, feeling toms gaze burn into your skin.

"That's not what I was gonna say at all" Tom scoffed, clicking on the indicator before driving off. You furrowed your eyebrows and turned to him.

"Then what we're you gonna say?" You whispered, feeling a bit guilty for yelling at him.

"I was gonna say that kiss was amazing, and if you want there to be a next time then I won't stop you from running your hands through my hair." He began, smiling as he licked his lips. "I just thought I'd fall into the kiss too deeply if I let you tug on them like you used to. I always loved that" he nodded, making your eyes widen again.

"What are you saying?" You choked, feeling the warmth of your tears wet your face slightly.

"You know what I'm saying" he smiled, rolling his eyes slightly. He sighed when he knew your stubborn ass wouldn't speak until he told you. "I'm still in love with you y/n. Our fight was stupid and I shouldn't have ended things just like that. It was a dick move, and if you'll have me back then I'd be honoured" he spoke, before slowing down the car, bringing it to a full stop.

You gulped when you realised you were home now, the apartment where your love was all made real, countless nights spent in each other's naked arms.

"Okay" you nodded, making toms smile widen. "We can try again, second chances, am I right" you smiled, making Tom lean over and cup your jaw again and kiss you slowly.

"I'd love to continue this" he hummed against your lips before breaking the kiss. "But I don't want to make any mistakes with this, so go upstairs, sleep, and I'll pick you up tomorrow at 7pm, and we'll go get dinner" he smiled.

"Dinner?" You asked, unplugging your seatbelt before opening your door.

"It's a date"