Prince part 1• fluff TH

Summary: Princess Y/n and Prince Tom met at the age of 13, they became best friends at the instant, they wrote letters from their kingdoms every month. One day y/n gets a letter saying Prince Tom is to be married, and she has to present herself. In other words Tom has to decide out of all the other princesses, will he chose y/n?
Warnings: lil cheesy, swearing
Word count: 1264

First person POV:
I ran out of my mothers room, charging away from the idea of meeting some family. I wasn't exactly comfortable of meeting new people, but as Princess I had to get used to it.

See, I was y/n l/n, Princess of England, and today me and my family were meant to be meeting the royal family of Wales, one boy was meant to be my age, Prince Tom. But as I was now 13 I decided to try and make myself presentable for the family, yet I was still nervous, my anxiety still bubbling up inside of me.

I just about reached my room until a brown haired boy turned the corner. It was too late for me to stop. I crashed into the boy, both of us landing to the floor with a loud thud.

"Shoot" I sighed, as I lifted myself, holding myself up against the boy on the floor.

He had brown curly hair, dark toffee eyes, soft skin, pink lips and a damn gorgeous smile. I breathed out and chuckled, him returning it. " 'm sorry" I sighed.

He bit his lip, a mischievous glint now laced his eyes. He took my hips in his hands and turned us over me ending up on the floor as he towered over me. I squinting my eyes at him, silently asking 'why did you do that?'

He just shrugged and answered my silent question "payback" he chuckled. He stood from the ground and held out his hand for me to take, which I did. He easily pulled me up from the ground. Our faces were inches apart, staring into each other's eyes before our breaths hitched and we pulled back from each other.

He still had my hand in his. He shook his head, knocking his gaze from me as he brought my hand to his lips, leaving a lingering kiss on my knuckles. "I'm sorry, I've not introduced myself, well, formally. I'm Prince Thomas, of Wales" he said, letting go of my hand gently.

My eyes widened, this was that Tom guy?! "I prefer the name Tom, Prince Thomas makes me sound really important, but I'm not really" he chuckled. I nodded. "But you are important, you're the prince of Wales" I scoffed.

"I may be, but I'm also just a normal, 13 year old boy." He replied. "So, who might you be m'lady?" He asked.

I took a deep breath in. "I'm uh, I'm Princess y/n" I paused, "of England, I wish I had a chance to freshen up before meeting you at least." I giggled. His eyes were slightly widened, mouth parted as he lifted his finger pointing it at me, I looked at his finger and back at him giggling my again.

"Sorry, it's incredibly rude to point, uh, y-you're the Princess?"he stuttered. I nodded and bit my lip.

"Kinda" I answered. He nodded and looked at the floor. "What happened to the boy that just tackled me as payback?" I laughed. He returned it and looked back up. Only looking into my eyes, not daring to look anywhere else.

"It's just um, I won't point again, you'll have to lock me up for that but um, it's just, your night gown seems to be stuck in uh, your" he stuttered. I looked down and saw what he was talking about, my nightgown was stuck in my panties, shit.

My cheeks heat up in embarrassment as I turned around and fixed myself. "I-I'm sorry, uh" I stuttered as I turned back around and saw flustered Tom scratching his neck.

"I'm gonna go and change, ready for brunch, uh, I'll see you later." I said as I didn't let him finish, turning around I ran to my room.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I looked in my mirror one more time, admiring the way I looked for brunch. I wore my favourite dress, it was a light blue ball gown, with flowery lace over the ends of the dress. My hair was combed and a small tiara was placed over my head. Matching heels worn on my feet.

I took a deep breath before leaving my room, heels clicking along the ground as I walked to the main dining room, seeing everyone was already sat.

"Ah, y/n, come sit" my father said, standing from his chair to pull mines out for me.

I sat across from Tom as we all got on with brunch, chatting about anything and everything.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The day me and Tom first met had been 5 years ago now. We kept in touch, sending letters to each other every week. He still visited often with his family, we all became rather close. Though in two days was his 19th birthday, mines yet to come for another few months, and he sent me a letter:

Dear Princess y/n,

Nothing much has yet to occur here in Wales, nothing exiting anyway. I mean my brother Sam met a village girl, they seem happy. Today I'm writing to you to inform you that my parents have arranged a ball on my birthday. It is to determine who shall be my wife, future Queen on my throne. I am very nervous, ever since I met you I have yet to be satisfied with any other females company, other than my mothers of course. I feel as though I am not ready for such a responsibility just yet. I hope I can see you at my ball, and you need not to bring me any kind of present, your presence is very much enough.

Kind regards,
Tom x
P.S. I'm sure the very funny memory of when we first met shall calm my nerves.

He never let the night gown incident go.

He was getting married? I felt hotness spread through my veins, even jealousy. If he gets married then our friendship will never be the same. Plus, I had never thought of some other maiden on his arm until now. It caused a pain in my chest, it felt like it was clenching. Though my thoughts were interrupted as a knock came to the door.

"Y/n darling?" My mother asked as she walked in. "Yes mother" I asked. Placing the letter on the table in front of me.

She sighed and came in, sitting down on my bed. I turned to look at her, she looked stressed. "You know how me and your father told you that you had to maybe marry a Prince one day?" She asked. I hesitantly nodded.

"Well, as you may know from toms letter, he is to pick a lady to be his wife" she paused. Oh no, I see where this is going. "You have been personally selected by his mother and father to attend the ball as a possible Queen to be" she finished.

"Does Tom know?" I mumbled.

"His mother is informing him today, now peck your things, we have to leave today if we want to make it to the hall tomorrow." She said before standing up and leaving me in my room.

There was no way Tom would pick me..

Right?