The phone call• angst/fluff (Au) LB

Summary: you hear about what happens on the news, you know your boyfriend went there, you just didn't know if he was coming back... until you got a phone call.
Warnings: swearing, angst, fluff, tsunamis
Word count: 1283
Italics is the guy on the news
Your POV:
"Thailand has been hit by a major tsunami, thousands killed on the scene of the first wave, thousands, dare I say hundreds of thousands injured in hospitals."

"Y/n you can't keep doing this to yourself" my mum sighed turning off the tv. "I'm sorry mum, I'm just scared, I'm so scared for him" I choked, tears streaming down my face.

You see my boyfriend of three and a half years had gone away for Christmas with his family, to Thailand. He phoned my the night before, wishing me a merry Christmas, and that was the last I had heard of him as the tsunami hit right where he was staying.

I was worried sick, questions flowing through my head like: is he alive? Is he hurt? If he's hurt then will he remember me? What will I do if he's gone? I know I couldn't kept doing this to myself, as my mum had said, but I couldn't help myself, drowning myself in all these thoughts.

The tsunami had hit not long ago, I'd reckon about 34 hours ago now, but I couldn't help myself, I was going to stay up day and night until I found out he was alive. I didn't care.

I had my phone on my lap, anxiously waiting for anything, maybe a phone call. I don't know. My hopes were right, the phone rang for a millisecond before I picked it up.

"Hello. Hello?!" I asked. "Is this daves donuts?" An elderly women asked. I sighed, tears brimming my eyes again. "No, sorry ma'am wrong number" I answered. "Oh I'm sorry dear, thank you!" She said before hanging up. I put the phone down and let more tears fall from my face.

I sniffed as I heard the phone ring again. "Hello?" I choked. "Sweetheart?" I heard Lucas say through he phone.

"Oh my god, Lucas?" I said, breaking down again, sobs leaving my mouth. "Sh sh baby, it's alright, I'm alright" he cooed. "H-how's your family?" I sniffed, calming myself down. "They're alright, mum had to be fixed up in hospital, we lost my brothers and dad, but we found them again. We are on the plane just now waiting to take off, the plane lady said I could give you a call" he explained.

"Thank god, I was so worried, I- I thought you were dead, I didn't know what I was gonna do, I mean, I know we're young but Jesus Lucas, I know you're my soulmate" I choked. "It's okay Princess, I promise, I'm coming home to you alright. You're my soulmate too, I need to get fixed up myself though, so I'm going to hospital once we land" he soothed. My eyes widened.

"Why do you need to go to hospital? Are you hurt? what's wrong?" I panicked slightly. He chuckled over the line. "I'm fine Angel, got a few bruises down my back and a slight gash that couldn't be fully fixed here on my side" he answered.

"Okay, okay, when do you need to go?" I asked, my voice trembling. "I need to go in about two minutes baby, I promise I'll come see you right away when I'm fixed up" he said. "Okay. I love you, I love you so much" I smiled.

"I love you too pretty girl. I'll see you soon" he said before hanging up. I sighed and bit my lip, tears falling down my eyes from happiness.

"Mum! Mum!" I shouted racing over to her in the kitchen. "What?!" She squealed, I must have scared her. "He's alive, they're all alive" I choked.

"Awe honey!!" She sighed hugging me tightly.

He's alright, somewhere I knew he was, he's always been strong, totally fearless.

~~

It had been about two days since I knew he'd come home, he hadn't popped by yet, but I didn't mind, he was probably fixing himself up and visiting his family.

My mum was out working, she was a nurse and few people had also been to Thailand and were now needing her assistance too. So she had been working a few shifts, currently today she was on the night shift, leaving me alone tonight.

I was just watching the tv, watching the new season 10 of friends, when the doorbell went. I furrowed my eyebrows as I skimmed my sight to the clock. 23:37pm. It's a little bit late.

I cautiously walked to the door and opened it slightly. And there he was.

"Oh my god" I sighed, pushing the door fully open and hugging him, my nose taking in the scent of the hoody he wore. Sobs gently leaving my mouth from seeing him again. "Shh shh, it's okay love, it's okay" he soothed.

"Sorry sorry" I sniffed, breaking the hug and looking up at him. "Come Inside, it's cold" I smiled, he returned it and followed my inside, locking the door behind him.

"You want anything? Drink? Food?" I asked, walking into the kitchen, him hot on my trail. "Both, if that's alright, the hospital food wasn't great" he chuckled.

I returned it and pulled out a plate. "So, how are you doing?" I asked. "I'm alright, family took up all my time, 'S why I've not seen you" he chuckled.

I nodded and brought out some bread, make him his favourite sandwich. I didn't dare to look at him, I had noticed the dark bruise that had landed on his cheek, and I just couldn't do it. I was panicking, breathing starting to become slightly unsteady as I made his sandwich and drink.

"Hey hey, y/n" Lucas came over, pulling my back into his chest, wrapping his arms around my waist. I calmed down, feeling myself in his warm embrace. I leaned my head back on his shoulder, swallowing hard. He leaned his head over slightly and placed gentle kisses on my neck. "You're alright" he whispered.

Tears brimmed my eyes as I faced him. "But you weren't, what if you didn't come home? If I'd lost you? You're hurt Lucas. Your family are hurt." I choked. He sighed and kissed the fallen tear that had landed on my cheek.

"But I'm okay, right? I'm here, I'm with you, my family's alright, my mum is doing a lot better actually, she was up and going today. We are all alright sweetheart, no need to worry" he soothed. "I'm sorry" I sighed, resting my forehead on his shoulder. "Don't be sorry angel, it's okay to worry" he cooed, kissing my head.

"I just love you so much, those 34 hours were torture" I mumbled into his hoody. He took my chin in his fingers and titled my head up. "I was only thinking about 3 things when the wave got me. 1 my family. 2 am I gonna survive this? 3. The most important one, you." He sighed.

"I couldn't leave you, I used all my strength to keep myself awake, above the surface and anything I could so I could get back to you" he nodded. "I love you Lucas." I whispered. "I love you too y/n" he whispered back, before connecting our lips gently.

"I promise you, it's gonna take a lot more than a tsunami to kill me. You're stuck with me forevermore" he promised. "Maybe that's not such a bad thing" I smirked slightly.

He returned it and re connected our lips once again.