Hoody• PP

Summary: you've lost your hoody when you need it most, you aren't ready to show your scars, but it looks like you don't have a choice.
Warnings: this imagine is very emotional, TW, goes into descriptions on self harming, reader self harms and usually covers up her arms with her hoody, angst.
Pairing: Peter x stark!reader, avengers x reader (platonic)
Word count: 1.1k
AN: I mean it with the warning, if you are not comfortable with the topic self harming please do not read this imagine. And if you every need to talk to someone if you are going through something similar or just at all my door is always open, and there are people to call for this as well. Self harming is not a joke. I'm writing this as personal experience of what I went through a few years ago (I'm okay now) so this may not relate to anyone in particular, just in case you think I'm writing this 'wrong'. Thank you.

Your POV:
"Shit!" You whispered shouted, you had woken up this morning with your eyes red, your cheeks stained with tears and your arms semi healed, though they were still covered in the scars that you had cut into your skin.

Recently life for you hadn't been going great, and last night was one of those nights where cutting your wrists could help the emotional pain go away by turning it into physical. Sadly this is how you coped with your pain. You weren't proud of it, no, but it's hard for you to stop, not a lot of people understood that.

That's why you didn't tell your family. You were the daughter of Tony stark, which meant all of the avengers were your family. And Peter Parker (spider-man) was your boyfriend, he was the love of your life, and you guys had been dating for 3 years now. But they all knew nothing, when you had rough nights like these you would wear your hoody the next day, and for a few more days, to make sure your scars could heal before anyone noticed.

Which is what you were looking for now, but you couldn't find it anywhere. You went into your on suit and grabbed a cloth, running it under warm water before dabbing it over the few scars that you had cut into your skin last night, wincing when it stung harshly. Once you were cleaned up you decided to head out to the laundry room.

You remembered It was in the wash, you hadn't self harmed in a while so you decided to wash your hoody, bad decision.

You made sure to avoid all of the avengers, though they weren't in sight, anywhere. You shrugged and carried on walking through the compound, walking into the laundry room, and there they were. Fuck, you thought.

"Hey Princess" Peter smiled, they were all in zones it looked like, Steve Bucky and sam were putting the new dirty clothes into the washing machine. Banner and Thor were pouring in the detergent. Nat and Clint were taking out the washing and tony and Peter were folding up the washing.

"Hey, uh, have you guys seen my blue hoody in the wash?" You asked, tucking your arms behind your back shamefully.

"Yeah I just saw it, you want it?" Peter asked, looking through the pile of washing that he had just folded up.

"Yes please" you nodded.

"Sweetie I hope you don't mind but I saw some blood on your sleeves so I had to put it through the laundry twice, it might have shrunk" your dad shrugged, holding up your jumper and walking over to you. It didn't look like it had shrunk that much.

"Thanks dad" you smiled, taking your right hand from behind your back and taking the jumper, wincing when you saw there was still some blood on your arm.

"What's that?" Your dad asked, furrowing his eyebrows, but before you could retract your arm he caught it, twisting your wrist around and meeting the one thing he never wanted to see. His daughters cut wrists.

"Pete?" Your dad choked quietly, you reciprocated the tears that were welling in his eyes.

"Dad no" you pleaded/ choked quietly, tugging on your wrist before Peter could see.

"Yeah mr stark?" He walked over, so cheery, so happy, and you felt like you were gonna ruin that very soon. He looked at you first, frowning slightly when he saw the tears in your eyes, then he looked at your dad, who was looking at your wrist, he furrowed his eyebrows before also looking down at your wrist.

You looked into his eyes that were locked in your wrist. It looked like his whole world had just been utterly destroyed. And it had.

"Baby?" He choked, tears falling down his cheeks.

"Pete can you go talk to her, come back to me when you have and then I wanna talk to you alone" your dad nodded, before hesitantly going back to the washing.

You choked and left, Peter hot on your feet. You put your hoody over your body, finally covering your scars. You both got to your room and neither of you knew where to start, until he spoke.

"Why?" He asked, tears were still in both of your eyes. "Are you not happy? Do I not make you happy?" He asked.

"No no Pete that's not it at all" you cried, sitting down on your bed and wiping your tears with your hoody sleeves.

"Then what is it my love? Please help me understand what I can do to help you" he nodded.

"I don't know, whenever I feel sad I just cut myself to change the pain from emotional to physical, and usually it works, sort of, there's not much you can do to help" you shrugged, sniffling a little bit.

"Okay, let's start like this, whenever you start to feel sad like that you come straight to me-"

"Bu-"

"No angel, please, you have to come straight to me, we'll cuddle, we'll do whatever you need to help you stop this okay, I promise, we'll get you through this. We don't need to tell anyone else, but I'm not leaving your side okay?" He interrupted back, you sighed and nodded.

"Okay" you smiled slightly.

"You promise?" He asked, holding out his pinky, you rolled your eyes playfully and connecting your pinkies. He kissed his hand and you kissed yours, which was your silent ways of sealing the deal.

"I promise" you whispered, and finally, Peter smiled back, making you relax more.

"I love you so much, and we are gonna get your through this" he nodded, you smiled and leant up to kiss him.

"I love you too Peter, and I know, thank you, I'm gonna try really hard for you." You nodded, he smiled and leant in, kissing your lips again. No matter what you guys went through, you were not alone.

And neither are any of you. No one is alone. <3