O- is for the only one.. i see• fluff LB

Summary: after the tsunami ruined your anniversary with Lucas, you finally found each other in the hospital, but he was injured. Bad.
Warnings: swearing, fluff, maybe angst.
Word count: 1030
You and Lucas are both 24 in this..
Your POV:
I sat at the edge of the poorly made mattress that my boyfriend of 7 years, Lucas lay still on the hospital bed.

Me and Lucas had come to Thailand for our 7 year anniversary, only to be hit by a tsunami the day after. Also after Christmas. Hitting us on the 26/12/04.

We had been separated, I didn't know how I made it out alive but I had, and that's all that counted. But then I realised, where was Lucas. I thought he was dead, I thought of the worst. But thankfully I had the strength to walk around Thailand, searching every hospital and place of care to find him. Eventually 3 days later finding him. And here I was.

He had just gotten out of surgery, still unconscious, so he had no idea I was here. He was beaten up badly. Bruises littered his body. A nasty gash had marked his lower stomach, his blood staining this old shirt he must have received.

I bit a small bite into the apple I had been given, filling my mouth with the taste of slight sourness. One hand still holding lucas' tightly. I never wanted to let go ever again.

I felt his fingertips move slightly, my head immediately shooting up. His eyelids where gently fluttering. A low groan left his lips as his eyes finally opened, staring up at the ceiling above him, his eyes now adjusting to the bright light that was flooding the room.

I gulped nervously, shifting in my seat slightly, I gave his hand a small squeeze, he squeezed back and finally met my gaze. "Y-y/n?" He croaked. Tears brimmed both of our eyes. He was about to speak again but I could tell it was painful for him.

"Shh Shh, don't speak. You're alright" I cooed. He sighed lightly and sat himself up. He didn't keep away his gaze, his cheeks rising, hand tightly holding mine. "You know. I thought um, I didn't think that I'd see you again. I wasn't gonna stop looking" I whispered, my voice now not powerful enough as I started to cry.

A single tear slipped down his cheek. He took a deep breath. "I was so scared y/n. So scared. The thought of my love dead just. Killed me, it nearly did" he chuckled lightly.

"I know. I just couldn't let you go. Not like this" I choked. His eyes skimmed over my beaten body, his eyes widening. "Princess" he choked. Nodding his head at my broken body, his eyes filling with tears again.

"Hey. I promise I'm okay. I'll get myself fixed properly when we're home, plus baby, look at you okay, you're in a worse state than me, I'm just thankful we're both still here. So fucking thankful" I nodded. He returned it and weakly brought my hand to his lips, placing a gently kiss to my knuckles.

"You know how much I love you y/n?" He asked. I smiled purely. "You never let me forget" I nodded. "Well let me tell you again." He smiled. I rolled my eyes playfully. "Don't strain yourself lucas" I said sternly. He shook his head, a big smirk plastering his face.

"L. Is for the way you Look at me." He started. I shook my head. Not the song. This was our song. "O. Is for the Only one I see" he sang. "V. Is Very very extra ordinary." He continued. "E. Is Even more than anyone that you adore can love." He finished. Or so I thought.

"Sweetheart look at me" he cooed. I removed my hand from my face, looking at him. "These last 7 years have been amazing. The best years of my life no fucking doubt. When I realised I had survived the first wave the first thing I thought was you. Were you okay? Were you even alive? Somewhere deep down I knew you were. You're too damn stubborn to die. And I knew it. My body knew it too, it fought to stay alive. Alive for the moment that I'm gonna tell you that I'm gonna keep telling you how much I love you for the rest of my life" he began. No way is he doing this now.

Tears brimmed my eyes as he held both my hands, sitting them on his lap, his thumb drawing patters over my knuckles. "You're the love of my life. I didn't believe in soulmates until I met you. I didn't believe in destiny until I first met you. I thought Romeo and Juliet were totally off their rocker killing themselves just for each other. Especially after only knowing each other like 2 days!" He chuckled lightly. I returned it and titled my head slightly. "But then I realised, after the second day. I would do anything for you. Anything to see you smile. Anything to Jesse your laugh. Anything to see your eyes light up. And yesterday I realised, after all this time, just like Romeo and Juliet, I would take my life just to make sure you'd be safe. But we aren't as stupid as them. We aren't hormonal teenagers anymore. Not gonna marry each other after two days. But if you'll have me. Maybe you'll marry me next year? Consider it a resolution." He chuckled.

I sniffed lightly. "Y/n L/n. Will you marry me?" He finished. "Yes Lucas Bennet. I will marry you" I choked. He sighed in relief, tugging at my hands, silently asking me to come and cuddle. I followed his request, carefully climbing next to him and resting my head at the top of his chest. He leaned over and kissed my head.

"I love you so fucking much angel" he whispered.

"I love you too." I whispered back.

"I promise I'm gonna tell you I love you every single day. You'll be sick of it." He chuckled lightly.

"I'm counting on it."