Stress•angst/ fluff AR

Summary: arvin comes home stressed, all he needs is you and his little girl to cheer him up..
Warnings: slight angst, fluff, swearing
Word count: 1074
Italics is the past..
Your POV:
I was sat in the living room, I took a day off work today because me and Arvin's sweet 7 year old girl, Lenora, was off school sick today. She's feeling lots better now, she just needed a little time off is all.

We were both sat on the sofa, watching our favourite film. Mary poppins. I had called Arvin's work shop, asking for him to bring home some form of dinner since I couldn't be bothered today, and he agreed.

"I'm home!" I heard Arvin's voice boomed through the small cottage, closing the door with a slam, making Lenora jump.

I kissed her head sweetly and stood from my seat, walking over to my husband that held up a take away bag. (Did they have those back then? Like a little pick me up thing idk, just go with it)

"Did you have a good day?" I asked, taking the bag from him and walking into the kitchen, he followed close behind.

"Nah, some guys car died on us today, he was pissed" he mumbled, closing in behind me and hugging me from behind, kissing the open skin on my shoulder.

"Awe hun I'm sorry" I said, turning around and hugging him properly, he sighed heavily into my neck, his arms wrapped tightly around my waist.

"What's wrong daddy?" Lenora asked, coming over to the both of us.

"Dad had a tough day at work sweetheart, no biggie" Arvin answered.

"Oh no! What happened?" She gasped dramatically, causing me and Arvin to chuckle lightly. "Grown up stuff L, don't worry about it" Arvin nodded.

Arvin let go of me and walked over to his little girl, picking her up with such ease, her giggles filling the silence in the house. I grabbed three plates for all of us, carelessly dumping uneven amounts of chips on them all.

"I want the one with the most!!" Lenora giggled. "Woah hey now little one! That's no fair!" Arvin protested.

"Plus Lenora I don't think your tiny belly can handle that much" I giggled. Walking over and tickling her stomach, causing her to let out an ear killing screech. "No mummy no!!" She screamed.

I chuckled and gave in, ending the tickler torture. "Go sit at the table baby, we'll be there in a minute" I whispered to her. She nodded and tapped Arvin. He placed her down and she ran off happily.

"You two make me forget all my problems." Arvin sighed In bliss, wrapping his arms back around my waist. He leaned in slowly, eventually, finally landing his lips on mine. His lips were an addiction, our lips moving together like a love poem, a sonnet if you will.

"Mmm, I love you" he hummed against my lips, breaking the kiss.

"I love you too Arv. And little Lenora" I chuckled, he returned it and kissed my forehead sweetly.

"You wanna make another one of those angel?" Arvin asked, as I brought two plates to my grasp. My breath hitched in my throughly as I stared back at arvin.

His expression nothing but love and seriousness. "Y-you want another one?" I whispered. He chuckled, "yeah, I love our little Lenora, she's a gorgeous little thing, she got your eyes. She gets everything from her mama, wanna make either another you or a little me" he nodded, walking over to me.

I smiled and bit my lip, nodding my head lightly. "Okay, yeah, let's give Lenora a brother or sister." I giggled, his smile only widened from there, pecking my lips briefly before moving over to the single plate left, bringing it to his daughter.

"What took you so long?" Lenora complained. Me and arvin looked at each other, he gave me a nod, biting his lip.

"Lenora baby, how would you feel about a little brother or sister?" I asked. Her eyes widened, as she started to bounce in her seat. "Finlay!! Yes yes yes I would love one!!" She squealed.

"See daddy! Birthday wishes do come true" she said excitedly. Reminding me the time of arvin asking me out.

Way before Lenora passed and we had to flee.

"Happy birthday to you!"  All three of us sang. "Happy birthday to youu! Happy birthday dear arvin! Happy birthday to you!" We finished, Emma placed the pie onto the table.

"Happy birthday!!" Lenora squealed, kissing his cheek. "Happy birthday arvy!" I said softly, kissing his temple. He looked at me and smiled softly.

"Well! make a wish Arvin!" Emma encouraged. Arvin tore his gaze away from me, his eyes landing on the flickering candle. "Arvin" Lenora chuckled.

"Alright alright!" Arvin surrendered. Leaning closer, taking one more second before blowing out the flame. "What did you wish for?" Lenora said softly. Lenora had always been a big believer in God, thinking that if you pray hard enough, believe hard enough then wishes can come true.

"Well I can't tell you now can I? Other wise it won't come true. Don't wanna risk it" Arvin said, looking back over at me. "Come on arvin just tell us" I smiled.

"You really wanna know?" He asked us all, yet not daring to remove his gaze from me this time. I nodded my head, and he licked his lips.

"I wished for you y/n." He admitted. My eyes widened. "Y-you, um, you what?" I stuttered, only causing the whole table to chuckle.

"Y/n I've liked you for the longest time, heck, I think there's a chance I've been in love with ya for the longest time! I wished that one day we could have a small cottage somewhere, have a daughter or a son, grow old with ya. I see my future in you, no one else" he answered. My eyes brimmed with the salty liquid of my tears.

"I want that too Arv, so much more than you know. I love you" I admitted. He smiled brightly, his family awing at the two of us. "Well now you've admitted that I ain't never letting you go. I'm yours and you're mine." He nodded, with his smile.

"Forever" I promised.

"Yeah Lenora they do" Arvin nodded to his daughter, clearly remembering his wishes from a few years ago.

Family is one of nature's masterpieces..