Dangerzone• TH (au)

Summary: you and Tom are both pilots and are off on a mission, what your flight team don't know is that you two are dating

Yes this is based off of top gun maverick, with a slightly different ending.
Warnings: swearing, near death shit, angst, fluff?
Pairing: pilot!tom x pilot!reader
Word count: 1.6k

Your pov:
"Dagger 1 up and ready" you spoke, you took a deep shaky breath as you pulled up to the runway.

"Dagger 2 up and ready" Tom spoke.

"Dagger 3 up and ready"

"Dagger 4 up and ready"

You gave the hand signals, showing you were ready for takeoff. And that was it you were in the air and now it was toms turn.

You and Tom were fighter pilots for the US Navy, you had been chosen months ago to train at top gun for an important mission, where you guys had met, and what everyone else didn't know, fell in love. Your call sign is 'tigerlily' since Peter Pan was your favourite film growing up, and toms call sign is 'Dutch'.

"Dagger 2 away" he was in the air now.

"Dagger 3 away"

"Dagger 4 away"

Tom was your wingman, for this mission and you were team leader, you had both been chosen since you were both top of the class. Your friend phoenix and Bob would follow you and payback and fanboy would follow Tom, to help you both destroy the target.

"Pilots get into dagger formation" you say, you were first in the formation, with phoenix and Bob behind you. "Dagger attack" you spoke, giving the signal for the tomahawks to be released.

"Mark, two and a half minutes, starting now" you spoke.

"Mark"

"Mark" Dutch spoke, a crack in his voice but you didn't let it shake you too much.

"First Sam sight up ahead" you said, glancing up at the Sam sight that sat on top of the cliff.

"More Sam's three o'clock high" you heard payback say. You glanced up again and saw exactly what he was on about.

"We have two minutes until target" you heard Bob say.

"Tigerlily you have two bandits, flying due east"

"They're flying away from us, they don't know we are here" Dutch said, you looked up at the Sam's that were overhead before saying.

"But the second those tomahawks hit the runway they'll change course to defend the target, increase speed" you nodded, increasing to 700 knots.

"Right behind you tigerlily don't wait for me" phoenix said.

You reached a bridge when you noticed Tom was trailing behind. "Come on Tom, don't think, just do" you whispered, just to him.