Sick days• (AU) fluff TH

Summary: you fall sick and nurse Tom helps get you better.
Warnings: swearing, sick reader, fluff
Word count: 1099

Your POV:
I never get sick. Ever! But according to my boss I looked 'awful' so here I am laying in bed next to my boyfriend, whom is fast asleep, while I'm sweating my ass off.

I don't know what's wrong with me but I didn't want to worry Tom, he's a nurse and it probably would be a good idea to let him know I feel like shit, but he's been so busy at the hospital, I don't wanna stress him out more.

I've got stomach cramps, a bad cough, nausea coursing my body and a major temperature. To me it's just a bad cold. It is the middle of November.

I turned over to my side, cradling my stomach, trying to relieve some pressure on my stomach, I let out a slight whimper when I felt my head gain a sudden pain.

"Sweetheart?" I heard a groggily Tom ask. I didn't move, I couldn't. "Yeah?" I whispered. "Are you alright?" He asked leaning up and towering over me.

"Yeah 'm okay Tommy, are you?" I asked. I felt his hand stroke up and down my arm gently, kissing my shoulder lightly. "I'm alright, why did you whimper baby?" He asked. Fuck, busted.

"My head hurts a bit, I'm okay" I smiled. "Turn over love" he sighed. He knows when I'm lying, I suck at it. I sighed and slowly rolled over to lay on my back, placing my hands on my stomach.

He placed the back of his hand on my forehead. "Fuck, angel, you're burning up, you sure you're alright? Let me go get the thermometer" he said standing from the bed and leaving our bedroom.

I sat up gently, resting my head on the headboard. Wincing at my body hurting, so much for never getting sick, I thought.

"Here you go darling" Tom said handing me a water and paracetamol. I smiled at him and swallowed the pill, the water cooling me down slightly. "I'll wait a minute so I can get an accurate reading on the thermometer" he soothed, rubbing circles on my thigh with his thumb.

After a minute or two, he finally gave me the thermometer, me placing it in my mouth. After another minute of waiting it finally beeped. I handed it to him without looking and his eyes widened.

"Babe you're 41°" he whisper shouted. My eyes widened, wouldn't I be dead?!

"No you wouldn't be dead" he chuckled, guess I said that allowed. "Angel tell me your symptoms, please" he sighed.

"Stomach cramps, 'S really hot, nausea, a cough and obviously a temperature" I gave in. He sighed and placed the thermometer on the table, raising himself from the bed and grabbing a bag. My eyebrows furrowed, what was he doing?

"What are you doing?" I asked. "You've got oh pneumonia sweetheart, gotta take you to hospital otherwise it'll just get worse" he answered, packing my things into a bag.

"No Tommy no please, I hate the hospital" I begged. "But what the hell is pneumonia?" I asked.

"It's a slight chest infection, you'll be fine it's not major, but we gotta get Joanne to give you some medicine from it, you probably won't have to stay the night, just in case though" he explained holding up the packed bag. Joanne was his boss, she was a doctor, also prescribed medicines.

"You might be over reacting Tommy I fee-" I was cut off by another coughing fit. "Fine" I finished with a small sigh.

"Throw this on, we're going" he chuckled, throwing me my sweats and white shirt. I rolled my eyes playfully and shooed him out. He held his hands up in surrender and left the room.

I quickly pulled on my clothes, throwing my hair into a quick bun and grabbing my glasses and shoes heading out the bedroom. "Let's get this over with drama Queen" I smirked, until it was wiped by another coughing fit.

He returned the smirk, opening the door for me "you were saying?" He said cheekily. I rolled my eyes playfully and walked out the door.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Toms POV:
So I was right, she had pneumonia, the doctors have given her some medicine, but her last two dosages were a little much, she's gone loopy, it won't harm her, if anything it'll heal her faster, but she says some silly things when she's awake.

We had to stay the night, so I had to pop home and grab my work clothes since this time ran into my shift hours.

"Tommy?" She groaned, waking up again. "Yeah love in right here" I answered. She sat up slowly, resting her head against the pillow that was propped up.

"Why? Who? Are you a god?" She whispered, her eyes finally open as she skimmed her eyes down my body. I chuckled and shook my head. "No love I'm not a god" I answered.

"Why do you keep calling me love?" She asked, furrowing her eyebrows. "Because it's one of your favourite nicknames, and I use nicknames on you because you're my girlfriend." I answered, her eyes widening slightly.

"How the fuck did I get someone like you?!" She almost shrieked. "And um, what other nicknames do I like?" She asked whispering this time.

"Well because you're beautiful, you're an Angel, you're my Angel. You like that nickname too, makes your cheeks go a cute shade of red" I answered, leaning my elbows on her mattress.

"Why did I forget?" She asked, tears brimming her eyes. "No no sweetheart, don't cry, you're on a lot of medication, because you're feeling unwell, so your brain is making you say silly things okay, don't worry" I soothed. She nodded her head and sniffed.

"When will I be better?" She asked. "You're very curious today aren't you?" I laughed. "If the medicine works then you should be feeling better tomorrow baby" I nodded. She returned it.

"I know I just woke up, but I'm tired" she yawned. " 'S okay love, go to sleep, I'll be here when you wake up" I cooed. She nodded and let her eyes flutter shut, almost falling asleep instantly.

I leaned over and kissed her forehead, it seemed to be cooling down now. "I love you sweetheart" I whispered.

In sickness and in health.

A/n- may I just say, pneumonia sucks... I had it a few years ago and apparently I asked why a headless duck walked into my room. And the medicine was disgusting 🤢