Chapter 7 - Athletics Tournament (3/3) (Round One) (Part 1)

Tanjiro was pumping himself up for the final activity of the tournament. He and Inosuke are practicing lower body flexibility, while Zenitsu was jogging on a treadmill. Isekai was in the back eating some fried chicken, and Kanao was sitting next to him, drinking orange juice.

"I hope you're all ready for the final activity, I'm gonna crush ALL of you!" Tanjiro unintentionally taunted in excitement. "Oh yeah? How much do you wanna bet?!" Inosuke replied, setting off a bet, to which Tanjiro replied "500 Yen!" Inosuke huffed. "You're on!" he agreed as they both shook hands in agreement. Isekai facepalmed, muttering: "I swear, these two are so hard-headed. Figuratively for Inosuke, both figuratively and literally for Tanjiro."

Twenty minutes later...

Mr. Uzui came to give out his announcement for the final activity. "Well, first-years, hope you're pumped up! We're going to begin the final activity of the Athletics Tournament! The first fight will be between..." he said as he re-read the brackets for Round One.

Muichiro Tokito VS Yahaba
Tanjiro Kamado VS Inosuke Hashibira

Kanao Tsuyuri VS Zenitsu Agatsuma
Nezuko Kamado VS Isekai Mizuki

"It is between Muichiro Tokito and Yahaba!" Mr. Uzui stated. Both competitors stepped onto the stage. He continued, saying: "I will now state the rules.

In order to win, you must either knock your opponent unconscious, or fling them out of bounds. You cannot kill them, neither can you use any weapon-type equipment you may have."

"Well, there goes my sword," Isekai said, looking at an odd sheath. Kanao thought to herself "Wait... that's not the sword he used to break open the door to the room nee-san was in... I can already tell as the grip is different..."

Mr. Uzui continued. "Now the second rule. Breathing and Blood magic are allowed to be used to a full extent. Weapons made of magic are allowed, as long as they deal no lethal wounds. And if that is all, we can begin the first round. Again, it is between Muichiro Tokito and Yahaba. Now, are you two ready?"

Muichiro took a ready battle stance, and Yahaba was ready to use his Blood Magic. "BEGIN!" he yelled as he shot a gun. Muichiro began by running at Yahaba at high speed. The blind boy sent arrows after him, but the airhead was far too agile.

"Mist Magic... Vaporized Gust!" he shouted at the bottom of his heart, and unleashed a strong gust of misty wind to blow Yahaba away from the arena. Mr. Uzui became a little shocked at how Muichiro ended the battle in one attack. "And the first match is done in one attack! Muichiro Tokito is the winner!" he announced. He continued, stating: "The next match will be between Tanjiro Kamado and Inosuke Hashibira. It will begin in ten minutes."

Isekai was no less intrigued by the way Muichiro ended the fight. "Huh. He's got potential. The way he ended that match was cold."

10 minutes later...

Mr. Uzui returned to the announcement room, and gave off information of the next contenders. "The next match will now begin! Tanjiro Kamado VS Inosuke Hashibira! Now both of you, step onto the stage, and we will begin the match shortly!"

Kanao and Isekai hoped for Tanjiro's victory. "Good luck, Tanjiro."

"AAAAND... BEGIN!" Mr. Uzui yelled as he shot the gun. Tanjiro and Inosuke instantly charged at each other. The boar-mask boy jumped up and attempted to axe kick Tanjiro, but he blocked with his hard head.