Chapter 45 - VS Enmu & Marionette Isekai

Enmu and Isekai immediately charged forward, ready to fight the three. The five locked horns for quite some time, with, of course, Enmu's side on the upper hand. Genya had been holding off the Lower Moon, while Kanao and Tanjiro tried to wake up their close friend.

"I haven't even laid a finger on him!" Tanjiro gasped, trying to even his breathing as he said that. Kanao responded, adding her results of whether or not she was able to hit him, saying: "The best I could hit was his silky hair, even then I couldn't feel that!"

Tanjiro felt that something was wrong, then muttering: "Although... Something's off... But I can't put my finger on it..." Kanao agreed, adding: "Yeah, it's almost as if something's stopping Isekai from killing us directly."

Genya had been repeatedly attacking Enmu, trying to suspend him.

Enmu asked his adversary: "You know, I wonder where you got the legal permission to use guns. You look quite young to be using them, don't you think?" to which Genya answered: "As a member of the Corp, I will perform my duties using any allowed weapons in my arsenal!" he responded, drawing out his sword and repeatedly swinging at the demon in front of him.

"His basic attack patterns, I'm getting used to. But I think I'm beginning to get tired...!" Tanjiro huffed, trying to keep up. "Yeah... How is Isekai able to keep up for this long?!" Kanao questioned his constant and perfect form. "Well, he's asleep, so he can't feel anything..." Tanjiro answered, trying to restore his form.

Kanao was able to pick up the pace, but later, she was kicked away, then slashed in her upper right arm.

"Kanao! Grr..." Tanjiro growled, running at Isekai with an adrenaline rush, temporarily making him energetic.

Inside Isekai's mind...

"...huh?" his consciousness groaned, waking up to see his sight enveloped in a blue tint as he fought an angry Tanjiro.

"What the- Hey, stop that, me! I won't hurt Tanjiro! Not like this! Stop it! STOP! JUST STOOOOOOP!" his consciousness yelled, setting a ringing feeling inside of him, making the puppet lose his form. Eventually, Tanjiro landed a slash to his chest.

Tanjiro, at the notice of Isekai's sudden slip asked himself in thought:"What? Why did he stop moving? He could have killed me right there. Right there, he could have killed me. Is it because... is it because you're still hanging in there?"

With the Hashira...

"They keep coming back up, and there are already too many of them!" Mitsuri yelled, trying to keep them off of her. Gyomei then said: "We won't last if this goes on! Did they kill the demon causing this yet?! More importantly, is Master Mizuki okay?!"

Sanemi answered with "Leader's possessed. We have to leave him in their hands, because if any one of us leaves, we all face an excruciating death!"

Giyu then clashed blades with Kanae, the latter of who asked: "Tomioka, what the heck?" before she realized that he was possessed.

"Damn it, Tomioka's been knocked cold?! Kocho, find a way to wake him up! We need as much defensive power as we can!" Tengen requested.

"Right!" Kanae agreed, taking him off to a bush, then pinning him down with roots. She slapped him in the face, snapping him awake.