Chapter 113 - Athletics Tournament (3/5)

All of the winners from the Full Power Battle tournament were in the stadium once more, waiting for Tengen to come on the PA system. It was mostly chit-chatter among everyone, excitement rising for the activity.

"Do you think Isekai will win again?" a person asked. A woman said no, since she had a feeling Hakuji will take the winner's trophy this time around. A third had faith in Tanjiro, while another supported both him and Kanao. "Looks like the audience has high hopes for our competitors here, hm?" Tengen cut in, the audience cheering.

"Welcome, everyone, to the final part of the Athletics Tournament! Tengen Uzui reporting, and I will now be announcing our final activity: General Battling! The rules are simple. You fight your opponent. If your enemy is either out of bounds, left unable to battle, or put to unconsciousness, you win! Go crazy, our fighters! The audience has high hopes for you!" he explained, the crowd roaring in excitement.

"And now, our brackets!" he continued, pulling up the brackets on the big screen.

Round 1

Match I - Mizuki Isekai VS Tsuyuri Kanao
Match II - Kamado Tanjiro VS Inadama Kaigaku

Match III - Shinazugawa Genya VS Soyama Hakuji
Match IV - Tokito Muichiro VS Kamado Nezuko

-=ISEKAI vs KANAO=-

"Our first match will be between Mizuki Isekai VS Tsuyuri Kanao! Prepare for a spontaneous fight. It will begin shortly. Will both competitors please step up to the stage?" he requested. Kanao and Isekai both step up, and warm themselves up for the fight. "This will be the first time we've fought each other since last year's Athletics Tournament. I hope you've improved, because I won't be going easy on you this time!" Isekai said, his haori making another appearance.

"His haori? I completely forgot about that...!"  Kanao thought, just remembering about the protection spell her opponent infused it with. Gyomei came up to the stage and stood at the middle of the ground. "The rules are simple! You cannot use weapons unless they are made by your own power. Knock your opponent out cold, completely subdue them, or shoot them out of the ring to win. If there are no further questions?" Tengen stated, looking at the participants.

"Then we can begin!" Tengen yelled, the audience cheering as Gyomei shot a blank. Kanao and Isekai charged at each other, both sides at an equal level. "You've clearly improved! Maybe I can finally let a little loose unlike last time when you were a complete joke!" Isekai complimented Kanao's development, landing a clean hit on her gut.

"Yeah, and here's something new!" Kanao stated, revealing a new technique of hers. "Blood Magic... Dark Critical!" she yelled, putting one hand forward. She created a dark-colored energy and launched it at Isekai. "A new technique?"  he questioned in thought, blocking it.

Dark Critical (The user launches a foggy black energy ball at their opponent. The explosion radius isn't large, but the power is substantial.)

"About how I got this power, my soul gave it to me after I killed my demon's consciousness. I still vividly remember how it happened..."  Kanao thought, remembering that moment.

-=FLASHBACK=-

After the blinding light Kanao witnessed after she landed the final strike on the enemy, the realm shattered apart. "It's time for you to leave this place," her soul said, preparing to send her out of her mind. "Come on, can't we have a little fun before that?" Kanao suggested, a drop of sweat on her head.