Epilogue - The Truth

Narrator: Isekai Mizuki

Man... I really HAVE done a lot in here. It's been a great journey finally being able to experience what it's like to be a regular mortal again. I missed the feeling after having lived like an actual human for at least 4000 years after the end of *that day,* and I've longed to begin again. It wasn't difficult holding back since I'm able to use a technique to limit my power output. I call said technique "Power Lock". It's not difficult for me to rival, let alone outmatch Yoriichi, really.

Power Lock (A technique that Isekai used to limit the output of his power, and alter his techniques' strength to match that of the limit put on his true strength. His true power remains unknown.)

My power... isn't a Breathing nor a Blood Magic. It's just an elemental power that was entrusted to me after becoming the victor of a tournament that I didn't want to participate in at all. I wanted to find a successor, a person to take my spot as the god of the elemental power that I received upon winning. But I was told it was impossible.

Tanjiro, I can hear you questioning why. It's simple. I wanted to live like a mortal. Could I REALLY live like one if I just completely annihilate Muzan with my powers? Don't take it the wrong way, I definitely do feel sad that we lost five of our comrades in the war, and it brings me no pleasure that my selfishness and desires forced me to pay with many lives. 

You should have immediately figured it out, Tanjiro. I couldn't have created the Order & Chaos Breathing Magic without having derived its techniques off of either the Sun Magic or its derivatives. I don't know how Inosuke managed to pull it off, though, although his power was a faint derivative of the Wind Magic.

Well... I think I have one more thing to do in this world. I have been watching the Kamado family for some time now, and I've also kept some Seer's Eyes watching the Agatsuma family. I waited until I could get a moment where I could get all of their eldest descendants together so that I could tell them about their ancestors.

Finally, that day came. While they were coming back from the restaurant that the nice couple ran, I decided to let it flow from there. "Excuse me, you four," I call out to them, prompting the four teenagers to stop. The one who looked like Nezuko said something first. "Is there something wrong, sir?" she asks.

"I... want to talk to you," I say. "Follow me into this alley, this is a secret," I request, walking into the alley. Everyone follows me in, and I sit down. "What do you need to talk about?" the one who looks like Zenitsu asks. I clear my throat. "So... you've wanted to know about your ancestors for a while now, right?" I ask.

The one who had Kanao's eyes and the one who resembled Tanjiro's appearance nodded, and the ones resembling Nezuko and Zenitsu nodded as well. "...I'm their friend. I know their names, and I know a lot about them," I tell them, piquing their interest. "First, just so I know, may you tell me your names?"

The Tanjiro lookalike introduced himself as Sumihiko Kamado, and who seemed to be his brother introduced himself as Kanata Kamado. I looked at the other half. The girl introduced herself as Toko Agatsuma, and the boy introduced himself as Yoshiteru Agatsuma. "Okay then, I'll start with the Agatsumas," I say, going through my memories with them.

"For you, your ancestors' names are Zenitsu and Nezuko Agatsuma. Nezuko's maiden name was Nezuko Kamado," I state, revealing their names. Yoshiteru and Toko seemed surprised that I know their names. "Toko, you resemble Nezuko so much. Yoshiteru, you resemble Zenitsu a lot as well," I comment, a look of nostalgia in my eyes.

"They were both great people. Yoshiteru, I'm surprised that his trait of having insane fondness over girls has been running down the family for this long. You got that trait from your ancestor Zenitsu, who acts just like you," I say to him, surprising Yoshiteru. He calls me a liar, denying that he's that kind of person.

"I've been watching your families grow for a while now. I've lived long, and I assure you that despite your ancestors' antics and odd points of their personalities, they were all great people. I vividly remember fighting alongside them in a war against man-eating demons," I say to them, which both makes them shiver and throws them into a state of shock.

"Toko. Your desire to help people in your life is something that you inherited from Nezuko, if only you didn't display it with this manner..." I comment, looking at the Nezuko lookalike. "You're a beauty, just like her," I finish, making her blush a little. "T-thanks..." she replies, scratching her head.

"Now, as for you two. Kanata and Sumihiko. Your ancestors' names were Tanjiro and Kanao Kamado, her maiden name being Kanao Tsuyuri. Sumihiko, you heavily resemble Tanjiro. You seemed to have inherited his power, the Sun Magic, correct? Hmm... depending on how many years have passed... roughly a hundred... I surmise that you're the thirteenth user. Did it gain any new Blood Magics while time passed?" I ask, curious. Sumihiko was surprised that I knew that.

"What powers do you know about?" Sumihiko asks me, attempting to use process of elimination to count it down. "Hmm... we got Glorious Blessings of Amaterasu, Cosmic Energy, Shockwire, that wind explosion thingy, and Rocket Jump," I reply, counting it down. Sumihiko then thinks about it. "Yeah, there's two. They're called Earthbender and Dendrokinesis," he says to me. I nod in "I'm impressed."

"Anyway. I'll test something," I say, punching Sumihiko's forehead. He feels nothing. "Yep, as I thought. You've inherited the hard head feature from that dumbass Tanjiro," I say, smiling. Sumihiko asks me something. "Sir, may you tell me more about Tanjiro?" he asks me. I chuckle, and get a little deeper.

"He was a warm-hearted person. He would protect and kill if it meant being able to save the lives of those he deeply valued. He was also really protective of his sister Nezuko. He almost landed Zenitsu in the nurse's office once," I say, describing that blockhead to them. The four chuckle at what could have happened.

"Anyway, Kanata. You look like Kanao. If only you were a girl, I could say that with complete confidence," I comment, crossing my arms. "Anyway, she was a very quiet person who kept to herself a lot. She was nervous when talking, but she began to open up to us more. You should do that too. Your grandmother died a few years ago, right? I can sense your regret for not being honest. Live your life without regret, but live it without having to lie of your own volition," I suggest, patting Kanata's head. "Hmm... you know, if you want to know more, I'll write it all down for you. Mind if you remain here for another ten or so minutes?" I request, holding up a notepad and pencil. They agree. Fifteen minutes later, I hand the pad and pencil to Toko, and bid them farewell.

Well, I did all I wanted to do here. I lived as a mortal once more, and left stories of their ancestors behind. Well... I guess it's time. A being of fiery energy exits the body, leaving my vessel dead on the ground. The hair turns from magenta and pale yellow to a bright white, and the body quickly becomes decrepit and old. I thank you, Yuji Tako. With you, I have been able to live like a mortal again. I'm sorry for taking your life like that, but know that I have done heroic deeds with your body as my vessel.

Yuji Tako (The dead name of Isekai Mizuki, and the true name of the body. He addresses all of his vessels by the name that they were going to be named before noticing the mark engraved along his right arm at birth.)

I leave my lifeless corpse vessel on the ground, and open a pink portal in front of me. After I complete the links, the other side opens, revealing a transparent bedroom in the middle of nowhere space. I enter through the portal, and close it, marking the end of my journey in World #531. I think I'll go to 684 next. Sorry for not joining you up in Heaven, everyone. But, I am a god, and I have a duty to fulfill.

World #531 (The world where Isekai traveled to so that he could live his second life as a mortal. It is the reality that we know as the anime we call "Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba.")

I guess it's onto the next world for me.

The End