Chapter 106 - VS Kamanue (R) (Part 2)

(CHANGES: The fourth paragraph has been altered.)

"Hey! Don't lose focus on the battle because of a little face malfunction! I probably did that, my attacks scorch people's faces a lot," Kamanue yelled. Nezuko then shrugged it off for now, because she thought it would be nothing.

They continued the battle, with Kamanue on the upper hand this time around. It was a huge struggle for the three slayers, knowing they had to defend Ozaki, or there would literally be no way to kill their opponent without calling for backup. Even then, the battlefield was pretty much suited to his style, so they couldn't hold out long enough for backup to arrive.

Nezuko was okay, except for a little bit of back pain due to crashing into the wall. As for Murata, he not only lost his weapon, but his face also got a few bruises. Ozaki was the only one with a weapon, and she was unharmed. They were struggling with Kamanue, trying to cut his head off before anything bad could even happen.

Attack after attack, dodge after dodge, it wasn't looking good for the humans at all. "Damn, you're all better than that weak crimson-haired kid I met almost a year ago! Tanjiro was his name, right?" Kamanue commented, clearly expressing how much fun he's having. Suddenly, out of nowhere, Nezuko tripped over while trying to charge at Kamanue. Luckily, before Kamanue could take the chance to turn Nezuko to cinders, Murata immediately tackled her aside to save her.

"Nezuko! What kind of rookie move was that?!" Murata questioned. Nezuko was rubbing her head as she replied, "I-I don't know! I just saw red, and I lost control over my body...!" Murata sighed. "Well, focus! We're already in a bad situation, we can't have you make it worse!" he said, leaping off to continue the attack.

The battle went on and on, and Nezuko kept tripping out of nowhere, and had to be repeatedly saved by Murata. Eventually, he got sick of it and took her aside. "What is wrong with you, Nezuko?! You've been tripping A LOT!" he questioned. "I-I don't know! Whenever I come near either of you, I always have the desire to beat him up, for some reason!" she explained.

"Stay here, I can't keep stopping my attacks because of you. Get your head right, and rejoin the battle, okay?" he ordered, leaping off. "What is wrong with me...?"  Nezuko questioned herself, putting her hands on her head.

14 years ago, on July 5th, 2016

It had been nearly seven months since Nezuko Kamado was brought into this world. She was a six-month old infant, and currently, they were in the market, buying groceries. Tanjiro was almost a year old at the time. Suddenly, out of nowhere, baby Nezuko hops out of her stroller and randomly attacks Kie out of nowhere.

"N-Nezuko? W-what's wrong?!" she asks, trying to avoid the currently rabid Nezuko. "Grraaah... GRAAA-RAAAAAAAH!" she growled, charging at her once more. Suddenly, she's caught and subdued by a young Shinobu Kocho. "Are you two alright?" she asks. She tried tying her up with a rope, but suddenly, Nezuko attacked her out of nowhere, scarring her arm.

She then almost bites Shinobu, but the young lady was able to shove a bamboo muzzle into her mouth to prevent any biting, and Shinobu finishes tying the rope around her. "This is the first time I've seen this kind of thing happen. Take her to a doctor, or something! She needs it!" she suggested.

Later...

All four of them go to the hospital, and they put Nezuko down for a check-up. After a while, they request the parents to go into the room, and they both enter. "So?! What's wrong, doctor?!" Kie asks, concerned for her daughter.

"She has a very specific condition, and we don't know about it at all. It seems that her strength is increased, and she becomes very rabid, and along with that, also craves human flesh. You need to keep this bamboo muzzle on her, this can very well happen again," the doctor suggested. "There won't be anything lasting, but you have to keep her in check, okay? We have a device prepared for you in case this happens again," the doctor said.

"We're going to attach this microchip to her back. Here's a remote. Hold the button to administer a shock that should rein her in. It seems that whenever she's unconscious, she loses the powered state. I'm sorry, but we have other patients to tend to. Please see yourselves out," the doctor requests.

14 years later, on July 5th, 2030

Suddenly, Nezuko's head started to hurt more. She stood up, and tried to walk to the battlefield to call Ozaki for help, since her radio was destroyed by Kamanue when he knocked her to the wall.

Murata could see her, and called her out. "HEY! NEZUKO, WHAT ARE YOU DOING HERE?! YOU LOOK LIKE YOU'RE HAVING A HEADACHE! YOU SHOULDN'T BE HERE!" he yelled. Nezuko began to stumble on her way towards Ozaki, and she kept blinking, trying to un-redden her sight. Her pupils then shrink, and cracks form in her eyes. She kept blinking, trying to shake it off of her.

Suddenly, after a third blink, her eyes turn pale pink. She then lurches over, as if she had a stomachache. Suddenly, her body grows bigger and more curvaceous than that of her normal body figure. Her hair suddenly grows longer, and is colored with a flame orange at the ends without a gradient.

Her eyes now have cat-like pupils, and at the right side of her forehead is a white horn, decorated with an irregular crack pattern. Vein-like crack patterns then appeared at the sides of her eyes. Suddenly, they notice the new change in her skin, that being a red and green vine circling around her arms, legs and chest.

Then, out of nowhere, she roars loud and clear, shockwaves being sent all the way to two kilometres away from her, which broke the microchip attached to her back from fourteen years ago, and anyone within a fifty mile radius could hear her scream.

At the entertainment district in Yoshiwara...

"Huh?" Isekai questioned. "What was that...?" Kanao questioned. "Nezuko..." Tanjiro muttered. Both Kanao and Isekai look at him. "It's happening again... that thing that happened four years ago..." he went on, panicking as he stood up and ran for the train.

"...Nezuko... please be okay!"

To be continued...