Chapter 91 - Kanao VS Tanjiro: The Escape

Kanao and Tanjiro were still in their heated duel. They were both at their best, giving it their all in the fight.

"Dance!" "Clear Blue Sky!" Tanjiro kept calling as he kept following up with a different move each time. Unfortunately, Kanao was getting used to the rhythm that Tanjiro pulled these attacks in. "Damn it... she's getting better at predicting my move each time...! I have to try to switch up the rhythm a little...!"  he thought, changing up his battle style. He began putting delays and fakes in the intervals of each attack.

Unfortunately, Kanao adapted to *that*, and Tanjiro was having more trouble. "How am I gonna keep going like this...? She's already more powerful than I am, not to mention she's a demon!"

Inside her mind...

Kanao and her soul were no longer struggling against the demon. They were landing hits on it left and right, without giving it any opening to retaliate.

"From the front..." Kanao chanted, kicking its gut. "To the back!" the soul continued, hitting its back with Dark Critical. Then, Kanao flickered, and threw an extremely powerful punch to its side.

Outside...

The moment the demon consciousness took that heavy hit, Kanao gained purple cracks on the left side of her lower torso, and she lost her guard, allowing Tanjiro to hit her with a Flame Dance. "Huh...?" Tanjiro questions. But he shakes it off, and kicks her away.

"I have to keep going, I have to! Kanao's probably fighting back against the transformation... I have to help!" Tanjiro thought, fighting on.

"Keep going...!" Kanao internally cheered herself, conjuring razor-sharp leaves to kill the demon. "Don't stop...!" Tanjiro thought, charging up a flame ball made by the Hinokami Kagura magic. "We can end this!" they both thought, from outside and inside, heavy attacks hitting both opponents.

Elsewhere...

Isekai was getting his arm patched up by Mitsuri. He had his right arm torn off by Muzan, and he looked at the side of the field, noticing Tanjiro and Kanao. He wanted to say something, but his throat was too dry. "No... Tanjiro can do this alone... he just has... to free her..."  he thought, gazing at their fight.

Kanao regained her composure, and was beginning to have the upper hand on their fight again. "Damn it... Kanao regained her composure...! How am I gonna hold out?! My stamina's waning... where's Isekai when you need him...?!"  he questions internally.

Kanao had still been fighting against the demon, with her soul at her side. They weren't going to lose the upper hand, no matter what drastic moves the demon's consciousness pulled. Soon, Kanao made a punch that pierced through the demon's gut, then kicking it away.

"How are you two this strong...?! I'm a demon, neither of you are...! So how... how?!" it questions. "Because... we're better," they say in synchronization. "I can't have it... I won't... I CANNOT! I WILL NOT! RAAAAAAAAH!" it roared, summoning huge vines out of the ground to try to kill Kanao and her soul with.

"Don't lose your cool, Kanao! Just keep fighting on, we won't ever lose the upper hand! Not in the state it's in!" her soul said. They both nodded at each other and charged inward.

Kanao's gut was randomly pierced, and Kanao took that opportunity to knock her to the ground. He then tried to bind her for as long as he could using Shockwire.

Shockwire (Electric wires are summoned out of the user's fingertips. They can deal electrical harm at the user's will. Passed on to Tanjiro Kamado from Masuki Kamado as a result of Tanjuro giving it to him.)

"Hurry, Kanao...! End this...!"  he begged mentally.

Kanao and her soul began to charge at the demon, who was still trying to recover from all the hits that were dealt. They kept dodging every attack that was thrown, and things were hopeless for the demon. It then made a last resort. It roared as loud as it could, sending Kanao and her soul flying back. It then wrapped itself in gigantic vines, attempting to protect itself while it recovered.

Outside, Tanjiro was holding her down. Unfortunately, it was turned against him. Kanao snapped the wires, put Tanjiro down on the ground, and then bound Tanjiro using her roots.

Kanao stood up, and grabbed her sword. "You did well, my dear. You managed to irritate me with your pestilence. I won't come back. I will never join you. NOW DIE!" she insults him, about to jab his throat with her sword. Tanjiro braced for impact.

"Kanao, are you ready?" the soul asked. "Let's end this!" they both said. Then, they went onward, dodging and blasting every attack that came at them. Her soul then leapt up, and charged a move to its maximum power.

"I won't let you hold her in this hell any longer!" her soul yelled, charging up a massive black energy ball. "I call this move... BLACK NOVA!" it dubbed the move as the soul launched the attack. It blew up on the roots guarding the demon, eradicating every last one. "GO, KANAO! END THIS!" it said. Kanao breathed in.

Soul Arts: Black Nova (The user charges a black energy ball that eradicates anything within its explosive vicinity.)

"Kanae nee-chan... Shinobu nee-chan... Isekai... Tanjiro... please protect me," she prayed, readying a decisive strike. She put all of her power into the attack. The demon couldn't dodge it, and Kanao landed the attack. All that could be seen inside her mind after she landed the hit was a blinding light.

Tanjiro was horrified about what was going to happen to him. But, he opened his eyes, and to his surprise, Kanao was trembling. He looked at her face, and he saw that one quarter of her face, namely her right eye, was now human. "T-TANJIRO...! H-HELP ME...!" she begged, not because of pain, but because of the struggle for control.

Isekai had been watching the fight, confused why Kanao hasn't finished off Tanjiro yet. He realized what was happening, and he kicked Mitsuri away from him. "SORRY, MS. KANROJI!" he apologized as he picked up his gun, which, thankfully was still loaded with drugged bullets. The adrenaline set up on his gear set off, which gave him the energy boost he needed to go on.

"W-what?! How did you get out of your transformation?!" her demon side questioned. "It doesn't matter now...! I have to stop you...!" Kanao replied, lifting the blade. "NEVER! I WILL KILL TANJIRO, AND YOU WON'T EVER STOP ME...!" the demon yelled, about to push the blade to his neck, without Kanao being able to stop it. Luckily for them, something knocked Kanao's sword out of her hands.

To be continued...