Chapter 65 - Isekai's Plan

As a result of this chapter's story changes, Chapter 11 has been altered. Make sure to read up on the new version of the old chapter before reading this chapter.

Off further away from the incident were Isekai, Genya, Masachika and Tanjiro, all on Isekai's motorcycle, driving away from the scene. They stopped at a convenience store, and bought themselves a small amount of refreshments. They agreed that they tarry at the Tako Residence for the night, and decided to buy even more refreshments. After finishing, Tanjiro drank some of his bottled water, Genya popped a mint, and Masachika ate a chicken drumstick. All 3 of them finished charging up, loaded themselves onto the bike, and drove off.

Tako Residence, 1:40 A.M.

Everyone except for Isekai told their family members that they were to stay at their friend's for the night. After getting their approval, they dropped their snacks near a couch, Isekai pulled out some blankets, Genya followed him with a surprisingly mint-condition portable air-conditioning unit from his basement, shut off all of the lights at his house, activated the AC, got themselves comfortable, and started binge watching American sitcom shows.

Quite some time passed while they were still viewing the episodes, and Isekai took a look at his best friend's expression. It shouldn't be questionable to any extent that Tanjiro was upset about the transformation of his girlfriend. They were good to each other, and it's almost like those perfect couples you'd see on search engines. He just closed his eyes for a bit and turned back to the TV.

He had a plan. A plan to get Kanao back. "This is gonna be a long shot, but this is worth a try. Hundreds of lives might be sacrificed, but this is the only strategy I've got."

Friday, February 17, Tako Residence, 3:59 AM

Isekai woke up first and came to realize his surroundings. Lots of unopened food still stood in front of the couch, the TV was still playing the show they watched, Genya was on the floor, and the sun wasn't shining yet. He decided that he'd carry out the plan he thought up. He got his motorcycle keys, locked the house, started the ignition, and drove off.

Unknown Laboratory, 4:29 AM

Isekai stopped at the entrance, and asked the security guard for a certain biologist, telling him he has an offer. One of them went in to get said biologist and walked out with a beautiful woman wearing a furisode kimono. After a bit of talking, they came to an agreement, and Isekai left the laboratory premises.

Tako Residence, 4:59 AM

Upon returning home, Isekai cooked up some miso soup, salmon, and rice crackers for breakfast. After setting the table, and waiting an hour, he woke the three up and told them to eat breakfast before they left. After finishing, and assisting Isekai with the dishwashing, they briefly returned to their homes to gather their belongings, reunited at a bus stop, got on the bus, and went off to Kimetsu Academy.

Upon reaching classroom 1-A, he decided to separate from the rest of them, go back downstairs, buy himself 2 sticks of tricolor dango, and then go to Kagaya's office.

Kagaya was writing down some paperwork when he noticed Isekai come in. "Ah, Young Mizuki has come to see me. And to what do I owe the pleasure?" he greeted. Before he could make his answer, he stopped himself to read the papers. "Is that Uzui's retirement paper for stepping down from the Slayers?" he asked. Kagaya notified him of Tengen's muscle weakening which was beginning to get more severe. According to the doctors, the cure wouldn't work, as the severity was getting increasingly stronger, and it went to the point where Tengen couldn't even use his sword forms anymore.