Chapter 30 - Muichiro & Yuichiro VS Mitsuri (Part 1)

The battle took place in a castle, and the 3 fighters were escorted to their spots. Mitsuri was at the castle entrance, whilst the twins began at the castle's first floor.

"So, when we fight Ms. Kanroji, we need to strike her stomach or chest as much as possible, so she can't use her breathing magic. Do that enough, and she'll be knocked out fast," Muichiro said, explaining his strategy briefly and quickly. "Sounds a little perverted..." his twin brother commented, coughing a little. "Not if you think about it fighting-style."

"Can't we just, yanno, use our magic to defeat her?" Yuichiro asked, putting his arms on his head. "No, no, no. Ms. Kanroji's Love Magic legitimately can heal herself. Seeing as she's a Hashira with the power of a try-hard bodybuilder who has also upgraded her style, I'm gonna bet that she can heal herself faster than we can damage her," Muichiro replied, trying to think about how to win. "Aren't you a Hashira? You could literally just fight her one on one and wi-" Yuichiro questioned, interrupted by Muichiro's next words. "No time to talk, she's right here!" he called Yuichiro out as he swept his brother from his legs and leapt to safety. Explosive pink hearts blew open holes on the wall, as Mitsuri stood there menacingly.

"And I thought was being quiet. Hmph!" she lightly ranted, pouting as she did. "Now, where did those two little cuties go?" The twins were silently hanging on a chandelier, and began to speak in sign language. "Thanks. It got real sticky over there." "Pay more attention next time. I'll go ahead and take the initiative." he signaled as he swung off and dropkicked Mitsuri, who blocked the hit.

"You almost pulled a sneaky on me! But, no no no." she said as she began swinging her flexible, whip-like sword. Muichiro and Yuichiro locked horns with her, going into a fierce struggle.

"I wonder why they're struggling with her... That kind of sword is hard to control..." Kanao asked, focused on Mitsuri's sword rather than the battle. "Mr. Tecchikawahara, our resident swordsmith, DID build it himself to suit Ms. Kanroji's style. It's only natural that she would know how to use her flexible body in such a way," Isekai answered, breaking a stick in half.

"Why are you using only your fists? You should use your swords, you know," Mitsuri questioned, recommending that they use their swords. Muichiro performed a roundhouse kick to Mitsuri's side, sending her flying. She landed safely, and retaliated. "Love Magic: Unending Affection!" she called out, setting off rapid fire.

Unending Affection (The user repeatedly fires pink hearts that cause explosions. The explosions are weak enough to be resisted by thick rocks.)

As Yuichiro saw the hearts being fired towards him, he took a defensive stance.

"Mist Magic: Foggy Fortification!" Yuichiro cried out, manifesting a shield made of mist. It absorbed the explosions, and Muichiro leapt up, ready to retaliate. He was airborne directly above Mitsuri, and he unleashed an attack.

"Mist Magic: Sword Form: Dropping Wind!" Muichiro swung beneath him, crashing a pile of heavy mist onto Mitsuri. "We're gonna play like that, eh?! Alright then, LET'S GOOOOOOOO!" she squealed as she repeatedly attacked the twins, seemingly without breaking a sweat.

"She really can get a bit pepped up easily, huh?" Isekai questioned, a small drop of sweat dripping from his forehead. "Well, it's what you get from the energetic nurse who enjoys giving her share of love to everyone," Shinobu replied, shrugging. "Well, what do you think Ms. Kanroji would want to avoid?" Masachika asked, looking at the young senior. "Now that I think about it, this one's a bad match-up if they can't properly get close to her. Her magic takes lots of breath out of her, and hitting her stomach or chest could pretty much disrupt her skills. Then again, nearly every last one of her attacks requires her hands, so, an alternative way to defeat her would be to somehow bind her arms," Shinobu explained, pondering on the subject, weighing the choices based on the training round against her.

"Er, what? About her arms or hands?" Masachika asked, confused. "In simpler words, her hands are her crutch in a fight. If she loses 'em, she can't fight at all," Sanemi said, dumbing it down for his student. "Makes sense. Wait, can't her magic regenerate them?" Masachika asked, wondering if she can use regeneration without her hands. "Also relies on her hands. Even then, the best it can do is close and heal wounds. Every person's power is limited to something, kiddo," Sanemi answered, taking a piece of ohagi out of his pocket and eating it. "Dang..."

It had been about 18 minutes before Mitsuri was overpowered. "Ten minutes left," Tengen announced. The twins had Mitsuri cornered, and there was no way out of it, except for one. "We've got you, Ms. Kanroji. Give in, right now," Muichiro said, pointing his blade at her. "You think you got me, huh? Well, um... NOT YET!" she answered as she backflipped out of her predicament.

"Love Magic: Cracks of a Broken Heart!"

Cracks of a Broken Heart (The ground around the user tears itself apart, either breaking open an area beneath, or simply knocking away the target.)

The ground began to break apart, and it eventually collapsed from beneath. Yuichiro screamed as he fell down, but Muichiro kept his composure and leapt across floor pieces to catch his falling brother. He landed on the floor, and protected both of them from incoming rocks from above.

"So, you think you're strong, huh? Well I'll show you." she said in a slightly monstrous voice as the dust cleared and a new look of hers was revealed.

To be continued...