Chapter 84 - Demon Raid

Akaza, Doma and Kanao left the fortress that night to go on their mission. On the map of their phone, they were only about 3 kilometres away from the outpost designed for the bombing. They took a look at the area through some trees, and there were roughly 30 guarding posts around the area.

"How do we attack? Do we just plow through every post on our path, or do we clear them out, one by one, or do we just directly attack the base?" Kanao asked, preparing to unsheathe her sword. Doma thought about it. "We attack the base directly. We need to sneak past all of the encampments out here, and reach the base. We'll then enter, still incognito, then defeat them."

The others agreed and moved. Vanishing into the dark, they arrived at the outpost's walls within minutes. Akaza put his ears to the ground, and gave a rough determination based on what he heard. "There's at least 200 soldiers here. We can bust in and kill them in moments," Akaza said, standing up.

"Alright then, I'll freeze the wall, you shatter it," Doma said, encasing that portion of the wall in thin ice, making the soldiers who saw it confused. Within a second, a hole was broken in the wall, and Akaza leapt through the dust, immediately killing three Hinoto-ranked slayers.

"WE'RE UNDER ATTACK!" a sergeant yelled, pointing towards the three demons, prompting the fighters in that outpost to join the fight. All 3 Upper Moons began to rapidly throw attacks, killing every defender in their path. "Guys, they're coming at us from behind!" Doma said, looking behind him, being able to see slayers from the tents closing in. Akaza sighed and cleared the area around him, then threw a huge punch at the ground, sending shockwaves that killed many soldiers and sent some flying. "Let's move! We have to stop the bombing!" Akaza said, running towards the entrance.

Doma and Kanao shrugged, and followed him. Along their way, they killed each demon slayer that stood in their path. When they reached their the door, they found a lieutenant, carrying a nichirin sword and two guns at their back. "Lieutenant Marvin Rosa, member of the Demon Retribution Front!"

Marvin Rosa (A lieutenant of the Demon Retribution Front from the USA. As a part of the vanguard team, he usually tests new assets. He has combat skills comparable yet considerable to the Hashira.)

Demon Retribution Front (Formed after Muzan Kibutsuji invaded other places around the world. All citizens are housed in the main vessel, while the four corner outposts hold massive numbers of DRF warriors.)

He drew his two guns and began rapidly firing at the two incoming demons. "Akaza! Kanao! Go on ahead and terminate the bombing device! I'll fight the lieutenant! Move! Move!" Doma ordered, prompting the two to rush inside the building.

"It's just a one-on-dozens-and-dozens-of-us now. Don't you think you're at a disadvantage? We're running with me, a lieutenant, 10 prototypes behind you that have nichirin weaponry, and we still have the entire platoon pouring out towards you and your allies," Marvin asked, questioning his decision. "Getting a bit cocky, are we? Then let's fix that," said Doma, drawing out his two fans.

Inside the outpost...

Kanao and Akaza were still running through. Each hallway they crossed was filled with members of the DRF. "How many more of these people will be here?!" Akaza questioned, breaking open a door. "Agent! I found the control panel room!" Kanao called, signaling him to rush over. When they entered, they could see ten rockets inside a tube. "Do you know how to work this?!" Kanao asked, confused about the controls. Akaza nodded, and asked her to hold off the slayers.

He got on the control panel, and began typing on the computer's keyboard. He completed the hack within minutes, and now there was a handprint pad. "Kanao! Put your hand here! I'll take care of the slayers!" Akaza commanded, heading over to the door.

"OVER THERE! DEMONS! TAKE THEM DOWN!" a Kinoe-ranked slayer called, prompting a group to rush in to fight them. By the time five minutes passed, the termination was complete, and the bombing plan was stopped. Both demons turned to the incoming army group, and immediately killed them.

Outside the building...

Doma was beginning to struggle. He had killed 84% of the platoon in the outer areas by the time Akaza and Kanao had disengaged the cluster launch, but he had not killed a single prototype, nor did he injure Lieutenant Marvin.

"Give up, Upper Moon Two! We've won this fight! Just sit down and go into arrest, you don't have to die," Marvin said, trying his best to spare Doma. "I'm not giving in...!" the demon replied, trying to stand up. Although his stamina is infinite, the constant pain inflicted on him forced his body into submission.

"Doma, Upper Moon Two of the Twelve Kizuki's top twelve, by the absolute command of our Grand Commander-In-Chief Isekai Mizuki, you are under arrest!" Marvin declared, the prototypes locking him into handcuffs. A sliding door appeared out of thin air, and a shadow leapt out of it. All ten prototypes were cut down to death in an instant.

"I can't believe I had to be dragged into this mission. No matter, I shall obey master to his final breath," the killer said, sheathing his blade. He emerged from the shadows, revealing Kokushibo, who had come to save Doma.

To be continued...