Chapter 43.5 - Puppet Breaker

As the class began to fight off the horde of sleepyheads, some began to falter. "There's so many of them...!" Kanao mutters, kicking down three more. "I'm not even sure how we can fight through them breezily without killing them, or, at least, wounding them!" Murata yelled, striking down his targets with punches.

Eventually, Kaigaku pretty much had no patience. "This is taking too damn long!" he yelled angrily, drawing his blade. "KAIGAKU, NO-" Zenitsu yelled instinctively, trying to prevent Kaigaku from causing casualties. The grip of the sword was used as the weapon's attacking end, beating down enemies with ease.

"Shut up, Zenitsu! I know what I'm doing, I have my own morals!" Kaigaku responded arrogantly, as he began to strike down more. "Hm. Good idea." he muttered, transforming his sword into its ranged stance, using it as a wide-range melee weapon. The others began to hold the sword by its blade and use the grip as the attacking end, beating down the brainwashed-in-a-sense people that were attempting to beat down their fellow students.

Soon enough, they were cleared out, and they advanced forward. Outside the door was a group of upperclassmen, readying their weapons. "They're laying groups all around the school...!" Tanjiro says, stepping back a little. "They're going to end up getting Isekai to Kibutsuji soon!" Murata adds, looking behind him.

Kanao takes a breath. "Ozaki, Nezuko, Sabito and I'll handle these men! The rest of you go forward, try to find a way out of the school! Out of the window, I could see Lower Moon One walking Isekai on the main road in front of our school!" Kanao explained, quickly pecking Tanjiro before getting ready to take on the group. "Damn it... Another coalition headed towards us!" Kaigaku groans, ready to fight.

However, Inosuke, Zenitsu, Makomo and Masachika jumped in front of him. "We'll fight them off! Just go!" the four said in unison as they drew their swords. Eventually, while losing more people along the way, the students were able to exit the school, the remaining members being Tanjiro, Murata, and Genya. "Welp, we just lost most of our comrades..." Genya complained in a disappointed tone. Murata was using the optic built in his bow to try to look for Isekai. Eventually, he could see him. "Over there! Near that van!" he called. Genya sprouted his wings and grabbed the two by their arms. "Well, let's go, then!"

At the van...

"That's it, now go in..." he softly commanded, as Isekai and Aoi walked in. The former sat down on a chair, but Aoi hadn't sat down when the three arrived. Enmu groaned in annoyance. "I was expecting that the rest of you would be beaten down. Oh, no matter. Young lady, may you take care of these PESTS for me?" he kindly commanded as Aoi drew her blade and took a battle stance.

The demon then mocked them, saying: "You wouldn't dare hit a girl, would you?" as he hopped onto the van's grips. "GET BACK HERE!" Genya demands, getting ready to shoot him. Murata gripped Genya's sweater, and said: "Aoi first, Isekai later."

"Let's just make this quick so that we have lesser chances of Isekai ending up dead," Tanjiro says, drawing his sword out. "Fine, fine," Genya muttered, drawing out his Western gun and short-blade sword.

Enmu banged on the van with his hand, commanding: "Go, we got Mizuki in the van!" The vehicle drove away, leaving the three with Aoi. "Alright... Compose yourself... And let your body tolerate the pain. We're going to need it this time! Hinokami Kagura: Shockwire!"

Shockwire (Electric wires sprout out of the user's fingertips. Can be used for mobility, terrain usage, and attacking.)

Tanjiro grimaces a little. "Ow, it still hurts... But... I can handle it better!"

"Hey, it's that thing you displayed during the test!" Murata exclaims, intrigued by the wires from his fingers. "Now's not the time to admire Tanjiro's new tech, we gotta take down Aoi before any of the upperclassmen get to us! Worst case scenario, Isekai gets eaten up!" Genya says, raising his voice as he slaps Murata's head. They both get ready to fight her.

To be continued...