Chapter 73 - VS Aizetsu and Urogi

The two demons that came out of Hantengu's back in the middle of the chase tried to kill all five of them, but four of them evaded, and the fifth, who was behind all of them, blocked it instead. The blocker was Giyu Tomioka, P.E. teacher and the Water Hashira of the Slayers Corporation.

One of them was the embodiment of Hantengu's sorrow, and the other was the embodiment of Hantengu's delight. "Ooh, a Hashira! Can we kill him, Aizetsu, can we kill him?!" the latter asked in unquestionably high excitement. The embodiment of his sorrow, named Aizetsu, shrugged, telling him, "Urogi, we're to defend the actual vessel. We'll kill anyone who tries to hurt him," as he draws out a Yari. Urogi, the embodiment of Hantengu's delight, activated his Bird Physiology, giving him sharp talons and wings.

Giyu got ready for battle. He was aware that this was an Upper Moon that he was facing and wasn't about to get sloppy with his skills. The Hashira took the initiative, changing positions in a flicker, moving right in front of Aizetsu, then immediately went for his neck. Giyu landed the hit, but Aizetsu never faded. "Oh yeah, did I tell you that us emotional manifestations are never able to die unless the actual body is killed?" Aizetsu asked sorrow in his voice.

"They won't die until the crawling skeletal one is killed...? This is clearly going to be harder than I thought. Then I suppose..."  Giyu ponders as he tightens his grip on the blade he holds. "...I suppose I'll just stall time until then, if that's what I must do!"

Urogi jumped up and reappeared behind the Hashira. He tried to get in an attack by slashing inward with his claws. It came to no effect, as Giyu was able to knock him away with a single strike. Aizetsu's Yari then extended, and it would've penetrated Giyu had he not turned back and locked blades with one another.

Giyu then tried to think about the battle situation, and how he could adapt to it. "I'm fighting two embodiments of the Upper Moon's emotions. The one with the bird physiology is no doubt excited about killing a high-ranking slayer like me, so this one is probably the physical manifestation of either his excitement or delight. This one looks sad, as if he were sorry for something. This one is perhaps a manifestation of his sorrow. One has bird physiology, the other can extend their weapon. The latter has no magic other than changing the length of his weapon, which means, I should knock out the first one!"  he thought, sticking Aizetsu's Yari to the ground, and then running to fight Urogi.

Before Giyu could swing, Urogi opened his mouth and produced sonic screams. It wasn't anything he couldn't stomach, but it certainly was something Giyu would be concerned about. He moved out of the screech's range and fought Aizetsu, who nearly got him from behind. After kicking him away, the Water Hashira quickly hopped on a parked car, then wall-jumped off of a light post, then cut Urogi's neck off, and then followed up with 3 more slashes, aimed at his leg joints, and his shoulders, fully dismembering his arms, head and legs.

"I like this one! Hahaha!" he exclaims in delight, regrowing his lost body parts. He then activated his bird physiology once more, and then tried to tear at Giyu's face with his talons. Unfortunately for the demon, it was blocked by Dead Calm, which nearly got him decapitated again. 

Dead Calm (The user ceases all body movements and enters a state of complete calmness, deflecting, blocking and cutting down any incoming attacks with imperceptible speed with its blade. However, its effectiveness is limited. Numerous attacks, along with extremely quick moves, can break through. It is also recommended that if this is to be used as a melee attack, the user must time their movement right, as they are to stand still whilst attacking.)

Urogi backed out, and stood next to his ally. "Alright, let's get this guy!" Urogi said. Aizetsu then infused power into his Yari, which Giyu did not see coming. Urogi took in a deep breath, ready to screech as loud as he could.

Urogi then fired a sonic scream at maximum output, and Aizetsu released his power, calling out "Weeping Spears" as he thrusted his Yari forward numerous times, all whilst extending and retracting the length of his weapon. They called this combination attack "Tearing Sonic Spears".

Weeping Spears (The user violently thrusts their Yari multiple times in rapid succession towards their opponent, expanding and contracting it incessantly, allowing them to extend their range and attack potency significantly.)

Tearing Sonic Spears (One user will charge an extremely loud sonic screech to maximum output, as to disorient the target before the other will constantly attack them with sharp weaponry.)

Giyu took a stance, charged up a water magic move, and rapidly moved their sword at imperceptible speeds, as the Yari being thrusted was being repeatedly blocked, and the force of the swings were enough to dissipate the noise to a certain extent. Luckily, none of the screeches ever reached the people celebrating the Tsunan Snow Festival.

"How did he block our best attack...?!" Urogi questioned, shocked and rather scared about it. "This isn't the time to be asking questions, Urogi. We need to defend the main vessel," said Aizetsu. The adversaries locked horns once more.

To be continued...