Chapter 10.5 - Full Power

After the flames cleared out, a half-hot-pink, half-navy-blue silhouette could be seen.

"This game's over, Tanjiro."

The silhouette rapidly struck Tanjiro in quick succession. Within five seconds, Tanjiro could barely stand up as it is, and he was covered in cuts and bruises, not to mention the massive strain Hinokami Kagura hit him with. The silhouette's aura faded, revealing Isekai with a different form. The right side of his hair was hot pink, the left side was a darkened navy blue. The eyepatch was somehow not torn off, never revealing his left eye, and there was no iris in his right eye. "Any last words?" he asked as he was charging a powerful wave.

"It was... a pleasure fighting you..." Tanjiro said, trying to catch his breath. "The feeling's... uh... mutual," he replied as he launched the blast. Not only was Tanjiro knocked out cold, incapacitated, and out of bounds, but a gigantic explosion engulfed the southern part of the arena, where Tengen put his announcements.

Tengen grabbed the mic and leaped out. He looked at the hallway where Isekai entered the field and saw Tanjiro knocked out and out of bounds. "Tanjiro is both incapacitated AND out of bounds! This means, Isekai Mizuki is the winner of the final match, making him the final victor of this year's Athletics Tournament!" he announced as the crowd let out a gigantic cheer, as Isekai de-activated his transformation and panted, as if he had gone on a long, tiring run. "I will now display the top 3 competitors for this, and all other contests!"

General Battling

FINAL WINNER - Isekai Mizuki

2nd Place - Tanjiro Kamado
3rd Place - Kanao Tsuyuri

Item Hunting

1st Place - Tanjiro Kamado

2nd Place - Isekai Mizuki
3rd Place - Kanao Tsuyuri

Obstacle Race

1st Place - Kanao Tsuyuri
2nd Place - Tanjiro Kamado
3rd Place - Isekai Mizuki

"Thank you, students, for putting on such a show! And thank you all, dear people for coming to watch! We will see you in this year's Dark Festival!" he announced one final time as the crowd cheered and left. Kanao and Inosuke went to bring Tanjiro to Ms. Kanroji's office, while Zenitsu, Murata, Ozaki and Nezuko ran up to Isekai to support him.

"WHAT WAS THAT ABOUT?! THAT LOOKED FATAL!" Ozaki asked him, flabbergasted. "Well... *cough* I used all I had in me to end that match. That attack was powerful enough that it would have knocked me out if I was off-guard. Either that or I lost." he said before coughing up a puddle of blood. "ISEKAI? WHAT'S THAT?" Zenitsu questions, worried. "I also forgot that this magic also takes a massive toll on me. Bring me to Ms. Kanroji's office, will ya?" he asked before the other began to support him on the walk.

Ms. Kanroji's Office

Zenitsu, Ozaki, Murata, and Nezuko enter the office, and the nurse turns behind her, about to say "Good evening, what are you here for?" when she is cut off by the sight. "WHAT HAPPENED TO YOU TWO?!" Ms. Kanroji questioned, frightened at the sight.

"Isekai just annihilated Tanjiro in one attack, and Isekai's transformation took a toll on him," Zenitsu replies. "Just lay them down, gosh darn it!" Mitsuri tells them, prompting Zenitsu and the others to put down Tanjiro and Isekai. "Shoo, now!" she said, signaling them to leave. The others just shrugged and left.