Chapter 54 - Cafeteria Cataclysm

1 week after the events of Gyutaro and Daki...

It had been a week since Isekai had been poisoned, and he made a full recovery. He joined his friends in the cafeteria, ready to finally eat something that wasn't udon for the first time since coming back from the fortress beneath Yoshika's.

Tanjiro saw that he came back, then went to greet his friend. "Hi there! How's the recovery?" he asked. Isekai smiled, replying: "Fully ready for another fight. The poison wasn't severe, but it was gonna take a long time to get it out of my system. I took no internal damage, so there was a really slim chance of me dying."

Kanao chimed in, saying: "That's good. Anyway, what did you eat during the time you stayed at Nurse Kanroji's?"

Isekai shivered, answering: "Salty udon. Ugh... I don't like it when I get udon and there's salt anywhere but in the egg-" as he was interrupted by him accidentally bumping into an upperclassman.

Isekai tried to apologize, saying: "Oh, sorry, wasn't watching where I was go-" as he was interrupted by the person he bumped into. "You're the one who was the final winner of the A.T., right?" the upperclassman asked. Isekai nodded. He then scoffed, adding: "Well, you think you're better than us just because you have more real-thing experiences, eh?"

Tanjiro got a little worried, replying: "N-no, not at all!" with Isekai's words overlapping, his reply being: "Dude, when did I say that?"

The upperclassman yelled: "Shut up! Anyway, we're about to prove who's boss. We're your superiors, we should have more glory than you!"

Isekai got a little confused, replying: "You know that's not how it works, right?" The upperclassman shook his head, then answered: "That IS how it works, idiot. Those who are at a higher class than others have more power, more wisdom. Boys! Prepare yourselves. We aboutta kick some kiddie ass today!"

Kanao was getting a little freaked out, asking: "How about we don't do this?" as the upperclassman cut her off, replying: "This is the only way we can prove our dominance over brats like you jackasses. We're about to send you to elementary school, bitches." as 5 more upperclassmen surrounded Isekai, Kanao and Tanjiro.

Isekai sighed, then said: "Well, Mr. Rengoku once told me. If you want somethin' done right... You do it yourself." as he tossed the Yaksha mask up in the air. An intense pressure filled the silent area as the Yaksha mask fell down... and the silence was broken by Isekai kicking the mask onto one of the lad's cronies.

Tanjiro was stupefied of Isekai's rash decision, lightly yelling: "Dude, what was that?!"

The group's leader yelled: "Get 'em boys!" as the group charged in to take down the three first-years. Isekai sighed, then began to fight his opponents. He punched the one in front of him, then flip kicked the one behind him. Then, he tossed the first one behind him, forcing both of them to collide. They crashed into a trash can, and before one of them could get up, Isekai hit him over the head with a tray, and precisely hit his stomach with a knee strike.

Tanjiro sighed, muttering: "Oh my god..." as he quickly reacted to an incoming strike, and dodged it quickly. He returned with a spin kick, then struck the one behind him in the gut with his elbow. The upperclassman lurched over, and the one in front of Tanjiro tried to run at him, fork in hand. But, before the upperclassman could jab Tanjiro, he threw the one behind him, making the two crash into each other, fully knocking them out.

Kanao dealt with her adversaries swiftly, first by grabbing a tray and instantly knocking out the one behind her with it, then got on and leapt off a table to axe kick the one in front of her. Soon enough, eight more members of the group got up and began to rush towards the three from the front.