KC: The Blue Spider Lily

June 17th, 2036, on a large prairie in a cool, summer morning...

On a dirt path on a shining yet cool summer morning, Aoi and Inosuke were walking towards a vacation cottage in the distance. They were in a massive prairie, adorned by many kinds of colorful flowers. Birds and animals frolicked in the background, without a care in the world.

In the brilliant radiance of the morning, the tapping of their feet gave out a sound that showed nothing but joyfulness. "Where exactly are we going, anyway?" Aoi asks, pulling out her camera to take a photo of some Sakura trees. "A small vacation cottage. I wanted to get away from the city for a couple of days and live a quiet life out here. Not exactly sure why you wanted to come with me, though," Inosuke answers.

"Well duh, I've always been wondering where you've gone every summer! I can barely go a couple of days without you, you think I can go a whole we- ooh! What's that?" she replies, pouting, before noticing a specific blue spot on the prairie. Inosuke looks at her. "What is it?" he asks.

Aoi runs off, with Inosuke tailing her. They reach a circle of blue lilies, and they shine brightly underneath the sun, having already flourished and bloomed. "That's not something I've seen before," Inosuke comments, bending down and taking out a notepad. He carefully looks at it. "A spider lily, no doubt. I've only ever heard about the red ones, though. Nothing about a blue spider lily has even been recorded," he says, taking out a camera and snapping a photo of them.

Aoi looks over to Inosuke, who seems to be wearing a concerned look on his face as if something dawned on him. He then pulls out an empty flower pot, scoops up the soil holding one of the lilies, then puts it into the pot.

Aoi takes a closer look at him, and she realizes that he seems panicked. "Aoi, I think we need to keep this place a secret," he tells her. Aoi looks at him, surprised. "Why? Won't a discovery like this make us some cold dough? I'm talking MizuTech PROFITS cold dough!" she replies, genuinely surprised that Inosuke would pass up this chance to make a discovery.

Inosuke looks at his girlfriend and sighs. As he rustles through his bag, he says to her, "I found old records of a medicine administered to that bastard Kibutsuji that date back to 1000 years ago."

Muzan Kibutsuji (A demon, and a millennium-old crime boss. He was the creator and leader of the Twelve Kizuki. An extremely powerful being, killed by Mizuki Isekai.)

"...what about it?" Aoi asks, intrigued. "This flower apparently has medicinal properties of some kind," he explains, stopping midway to pull out a yellowed paper with writing on it. "The title is faded out, likely due to rain washing out the ink, but I managed to decipher that it described a medicine for him. Along with a bunch of basic pharmaceutical ingredients, the Blue Spider Lily was among them," he continues, tapping on the text.

Blue Spider Lily (A special flower that the criminal boss Muzan Kibutsuji had been searching for during the 1000 years that he lived. No demon can ever acquire it for him, since not only does it bloom for only two or three days every year, but it can only do so during the day.)

"But, why did that have a hand in the demonization of Kibutsuji, and why did the doctor want that to happen?" Aoi asks, surprised. Inosuke sighs before making his response. "It took me a while to figure it out, too. A date was written on this, see? December 14, 1022. Right now, it's June 17, 2036. A flower like this wouldn't bloom in the winter, and it seems that it would only do so during the day. Long story short, the doctor DIDN'T want this happening."

"It was really difficult to see, but there was some almost entirely faded writing on the corner. I had to read it really closely, and it turns out, it's a prototype - an experimental formula. We don't even know what the rest of the ingredients are, because the writing was wiped away with age and rain," he finishes. Aoi didn't look like she cared in the slightest. "And this concerns us, how?" she questions, folding her arms.

Inosuke puts both of his hands on her shoulders with a fearful expression on his face. "Aoi, don't you understand?! If someone ends up getting whatever disease this is supposed to treat, and the existence of these flowers leaks out, someone could end up trying this thing!"

It clicks in Aoi's head. "Oh my God... and it could end up starting the battle against Demons again!" she says, finishing Inosuke's statement. They both look at the potted plant, then the flowers. "We can only hope that no one ever gets that disease." They spent that whole morning picking up the flowers, one by one. They kept them somewhere safe in the cottage where they could freely bloom without the risk of anyone rediscovering them.

July 18, 2158, all the way off on a mountain...

An old gravestone sat atop a small hill on a large mountain. A destroyed, old-style Japanese house was near it, and inside was a large stain of old, dried blood, and the broken dreams of a swordsman from roughly 600 years ago. 

Around the gravestone, which had "Uta" engraved onto it, blue spider lilies had grown. They've already flourished and bloomed. A botanist walked upon the peak and found the small patch of flowers. "What's this?" he questions, lowering himself to examine the flower.

Tuesday, October 21st, 2158

Toko and Yoshiteru were looking at an article that featured a botanist named Aoba Hashibira, and the recent discovery of the Blue Spider Lily.

-=END=-