Chapter 110 - Hakuji Soyama

Friday, October 19th, 2030

All of the students were in the classroom, doing their own thing. Suddenly, Giyu entered the room, with a boy in tow. "Good morning, class. We have a new student today, and I want you to welcome him. Go on now, introduce yourself," he explained, nudging the boy a little. He had the regular school uniform, and he had pink eyelashes and blue eyes. He had basic black hair, and its style looked like Masachika's.

"Hello, everyone! My name is Soyama Hakuji. I have a skin condition which makes me allergic to sunlight. Age 15, born April 23rd, in 2015. I hope we can all get along!" the boy named Hakuji introduced himself. "Well, we have the Athletics Tournament today, so, Hakuji, why don't you get changed into your P.E. uniform so you can join the rest of your classmates later?" Giyu suggested. Hakuji nodded.

"Yes, sir!" the young boy replied, going to the restroom. "Hmm... why do I get the feeling that this Hakuji person looks familiar...?" Isekai asks himself. Tanjiro and Murata agree.

Later that day...

"Welcome, everyone to the Second Years' Athletics Tournament!" Tengen announced, getting the audience fired up. "Like last year, this will be different from the first years. It will become more complicated and difficult compared to when they were on their first year. Are you ready, Classrooms 2-A to E?!" he explains, hyping up the participants.

"Glad to hear it! Alright. I'll explain the order of events. Only the second activity becomes altered between every year, while the first and third stay the same. The first event is an obstacle course! Each student will draw a lot from that box, and that number will be the door number they enter after each course, and will have to answer a question. One thing, if your questions are multiple-choice, process of elimination will not help you, since if you screw up the question, another question will appear! And unlike last year, you can use your magics to help you, although you cannot skip the race entirely using them," he explained. "Alright, if there's no questions, draw your lots now, starting with Class 2-A!" he announced. Susamaru was up first.

She put her hand into the box, and pulled out the number 19. Sabito followed up after, drawing the number 55. Tanjiro came next, and he got the number 3. Nezuko was next, and pulled out the number 100. Yushiro pulled up, and drew 51. Genya, Ozaki and Yahaba followed up with 33, 28 and 87 respectively.

"What did you get?" Sabito asked Ozaki. "I got 28, you?" she answered, asking the same thing. "55," he replied. Yahaba sighed, and got ready.

Isekai came next, and he pulled 1. Hakuji, now wearing a hoodie on top of the P.E. uniform to protect his skin from sunlight, followed behind him, and pulled out the number 69. Kaigaku walked up, and drew the number 96, followed by Zenitsu, who got 77. Murata pulled out 70. Inosuke, Makomo and Masachika drew 81, 45 and 62. The Tokito twins pulled out 50 (Muichiro) and 90 (Yuichiro). Kanao drew 60, and it ended with Aoi drawing 6.

About 10 minutes later...

"It seems like everyone has finished drawing their numbers. Then we shall begin. The first course is one full of robots! You must fight your way through to get to the second course. Like I mentioned, at the end is a line of rooms. You are to enter the room number that matches the lot you drew. Get ready now!" Tengen explained, all the second-years getting ready to rush. "Get set...!" he continued. "GO!" he yelled, prompting every last student in the second year to rush forward.

To be continued...