Chapter 127 - Goodbye, Slayers Corporation

January 13, 2031

Everything in Japan has been repaired, and all of the foreigners that were being housed downstairs were eventually returned to their current residences. While some provinces of Canada have already finished, about 87% of the other areas still required reconstruction.

Around this time, the students got the opportunity to hold a private funeral for Kaigaku, Yahaba, Susamaru, Masachika and Genya. They did it in the Slayers Corporation's headquarters in a small room. They put their photos up, and laid their coffins down.

"Well, we'll all be leaving the Slayers Corporation. We will no longer be affiliated with it, and we're going back to our school lives. P.E. class will no longer incorporate sword training, and the Athletics Tournament will be altered as a result of this. That aside, let us hang out here one last time in honor of our friends who gave up their lives fighting this war."

Everyone was spread out into groups. There were Tanjiro and Isekai, another being Kanao, Nezuko and Aoi, a third being Makomo and Sabito, a fourth being Murata, Ozaki, Inosuke and Zenitsu, and the fifth and final hangout group contained Yushiro, Yuichiro and Muichiro. They all talked to each other and shared their experiences as Slayers Corporation affiliates.

MUICHIRO, YUICHIRO & YUSHIRO

Muichiro sat down with a soda can. "So... this is how it ends, huh?" Muichiro rhetorically asks, staring at the ceiling. "Yep. We spent a lot of time here, even if it's been just one year and a bit's worth of time," Yuichiro replied.

Yushiro was twirling his kunai around, then stuffed it into his pocket. "You know, I think I'll actually miss this place..." he said, taking a sip from his ginger ale can. Yuichiro took a bite out of some food he had. "What do you want to do in the future, you two?" he asks. Yushiro thinks about it.

"I think I'll go through for scientist. It's my hobby, and I think it'll actually pay quite a bit," he answered, opening his phone. Yuichiro chuckled a litle. He looked at Muichiro. "I think I'll be joining the NPA. I don't want my strength going to waste," he said, flexing his small yet extremely strong muscles.

Yuichiro shrugged. "Your call. Anyway, I think I'll be an accountant. I don't know why, I just want to," he said, folding his arms. The other two smiled, and the three of them clinked their drinks together.

MURATA, OZAKI, INOSUKE & ZENITSU

"So, how's it between you two?" Inosuke asks Murata, since Ozaki's still in the washroom. "It's been going really well. I plan on proposing sometime within the next eight years," he replies, blushing a little as he scratched his head. "YOU'RE PRO-" Zenitsu screams out, immediately being quieted by Murata. "SHUT! UP!" he threateningly told him, his teeth closed as he says it.

"Anyway, yeah. I already got the proposal ring, and I'm keeping it in a secret drawer. I'm really hoping she says yes," Murata said, tensity in his body increasing. Inosuke decides to say something. "Hey. You're a good man. I ain't got no doubt that you'll be able to get her to say yes," Inosuke told him, patting his shoulder.

At that moment, Ozaki came back and decided to ask about their plans for the future. "Well, I don't have an excuse to not study for school anymore, so if I'm going to fulfill my dream of going to Sakura International University, I guess I'll start studying harder," Zenitsu replied, giving off details about his plans. Ozaki nods in "pretty good."

She looks at Murata. "I think I'll pursue a singer or rapper career. People tell me I can make money with my beats, so I thought 'why not give it a shot?' You can't deny I've kind of got it," he answers, shrugging. Inosuke, Zenitsu, and Ozaki don't say anything, knowing damn well that he's right.