Chapter 115.5 - Battle Between Brothers

I could not believe what I was seeing. Yoriichi, old and decrepit, standing before my eyes. His hair was white, and he had seemingly no irises in his eyes. He still had the mark on his head. I was taken by surprise at the fact that Yoriichi was still alive. He must have been in his 80s, past the age of 25, when he should have died due to the effect of the mark.

Did God bless him? Did Buddha give him a natural gift? What was it that allowed Yoriichi to live past the age of 25, despite having that mark? I kept having thoughts, all in panic and surprise at the fact that Yoriichi was still alive before my eyes. But my train of thought stopped when Yoriichi spoke.

"This is heart-breaking, brother..." he said. When he said that, I felt a weird emotion swell up inside me. I didn't know what it was, but what I DID know was that I had to erase this part of me that was still human. I could never remember anything about my past, except anything that involved Yoriichi. I just hate you. I really hate you so much, Yoriichi.

But suddenly, the sentimentality Yoriichi was expressing completely vanished. He took a stance, ready for battle. That stance... it was perfect. It had no flaw, no unnecessary points in every nook and cranny of his body. There was no opening. The air changed and it weighed upon me like a boulder the moment he spoke his next words. "Here I come."

I took a step back and reached for my sword. But when I drew it out, Yoriichi charged at me. I couldn't even see what he hit me with as I took fifty hits in the blink of an eye. I turned behind my back when he reappeared, and I couldn't even prepare for his next attack as he turned behind himself, ready to make his next move.

I guarantee that if Yoriichi landed even another attack on me, he would have taken my life. But, however, that attack never came. I waited for a couple of seconds before taking a look at Yoriichi. Then, I listened for his heartbeat. There was no pulse at all. It turns out... Yoriichi had died of old age while standing up. Presumably of old age, at the very least. He didn't fall down, even in death. It just showed how much better he is than I am, and I absolutely hated that.

I hate you. I hate you so much, Yoriichi. HATE. HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAATE!

That was what my mind screamed as I took my sword out and sliced Yoriichi's waistline, cutting his body in two clean halves. A pouch flew in the air, and it was cut in half too, revealing the flute I gave to him when we were kids. Along with the pouch, it, too was split in two by my sword. For whatever reason, seeing that made me tear up.

I don't care anymore. Just die, Yoriichi. You do not belong here. Your powers are out of this world.

-=FLASHBACK END=-

Narrator: None

To be continued...