Chapter 21 - Day Two

6:05 AM, Tanjiro and Kanao's Room

Tanjiro had just woken up due to feeling something squishy. He grasped it, and opened his eyes to find out he was squeezing Kanao's upper arm. "Wait... Kanao? Why is she here? WAIT, WHY IS SHE ON MY BED?"

He slowly tried to release her, but she turned around, and gave him a tight hug, which would not allow him to get out whatsoever. "Mmm... so warm..."

Meanwhile, Isekai, Nezuko and Aoi were watching from the other room.

"Did you take that video?!" Nezuko asked, clearly excited. "Heck yeah I did! I'll mail you it on Oniscord!" Isekai replied, eating a gumdrop.

Back to Tanjiro and Kanao...

"K-Kanao... Pl-please let me go... This is embarrassing..." Kanao kissed him on the cheek and proceeded to lay down on top of him. (Yanno what, I'll just leave a cut-up margin each time we're switching areas.)

"OH THIS IS JUST GREAT!" Isekai said, still recording.

Kanao had woken up, to see Tanjiro beneath her. She realized what just happened and did an instinctive move. "WAH! I'M SO SORRY!" "It's all good. Come on, let's head downstairs for breakfast." "Y-yeah..."

"Aw man, that's the end of the tea? Lame... Oh well, let's head downstairs for breakfast." Isekai suggested. Nezuko nodded and left the room with him.

By the time they arrived, Kanae and Masachika had just finished eating, Muichiro had gotten his food, and everyone else was still getting theirs. When everyone had finished eating, Kanae called everyone out to the front.

"Alright, kids, the bus is here. We'll be headed to the museum to check out the things there! I hear there's also an arcade." Every student was excited about it, and went into the bus to head to the museum. Inside, they found what you would usually find at a museum: fossils, old-time items, that sort of thing. What interested them most was a papier-mâché re-model of a nichirin blade from the Sengoku Era. It had a flame-like pattern put into the blade's sides, and a carving on the sword read: "Destroyer of Demons".

"I've never seen anything quite like it!" Tanjiro remarked as he snapped a picture. "Aren't you not allowed to take pictures in museums?" Zenitsu asked, looking at his camera. "Didn't you read at the entrance, stupid? Picture-taking is allowed, but no videoing of any type here," Isekai answered, lightly nudging him. "Oh. Right."

After they finished checking out, Kanae led them to an area that showed an eatery and an arcade. They ate lunch before going to the arcade.

Inosuke and Zenitsu looked at an arcade machine, labelled: "Beatz Battlez". They looked at each other with a sinister grin. "Wanna go, pig head?" "You're on!" he responded with an intention of challenging him, as they both ran over to the game. "...is this how they always are?" Isekai questioned, sighing. "Yeah, but you'll mold yourself into it," Tanjiro replied, arms on his head.

Isekai and Tanjiro walked around the arcade for a bit. Kanao and Aoi were doing a Virtual Reality play, Masachika, along with the Tokito twins and Yushiro played a 4-player PacMan game, and the others were doing God knows what.

Eventually, they settled on a dancing game. "Breakneck Blitz" it read. They put their tokens in, and took their spots. Kanao, Aoi and Ozaki had been walking around to find better games to play when they saw the two.

The game had begun by the time they were about to talk, and the dance moves and music started small.

When the first song had finished, the small group was clapping. Round 2 began. "Hohoho... I'm ready!" he said as Tanjiro just cracked his knuckles.

The games went on like this for about 10 minutes before reaching the final stage, where nothing held back. By the time they reached a quarter through the song, nearly the whole arcade was paying attention to the two, as if no one had ever finished Stage Five before. The crowd began to worry about the speed when Tanjiro and Isekai landed a black, flaming-with-purple arrow. "Is this thing getting faster whenever we're landing those flaming black arrows?!" Isekai questioned, beginning to get exhausted.

The whole crowd began to cheer when they hit the endgame phase. Every last arrow, for what reason possible, was a flaming black. "I... I CAN'T KEEP UP! I THINK WE MIGHT LOSE HERE!" Tanjiro said, his stamina clearly dying. "You could be right... *huff* The speed is constantly rising within every arrow we hit..."

They eventually hit the last arrow, and they collapsed on the floor with a taste of victory. "Congratulations! You have completed Stage 5! Your tickets earned are now: 2500. Play Endless mode to earn more?"

As a joke, Kanao was about to press "Yes", but Isekai gripped her arm and tossed her to the side. She landed safely.

7:00 PM, Isekai and Nezuko's Room

After the day ended, they went back to the resort. Kanae mentioned that for the remaining days, the students could go anywhere they wanted in the map they were given. Everyone decided to hang in the lobby, and took a look at the news channel on TV. What was shown was apparently the literal spectacle that was Isekai and Tanjiro completing Stage 5. "God, what kind of a crowd did we draw in?" Isekai asked. "Well, hey, according to the billboard on the arcade's ticket-trading desk, no one ever completed the final stage, especially not because of those constant flaming arrows..." Nezuko replied, scratching her head.

"Wow... My legs still feel sore..." Tanjiro muttered, while Kanao was putting ice packs on his legs to cool them down. "You DID overwork yourself with that final phase back there..."

"I've already eaten. I'm gonna hit the hay early. Night, cutie- D'I MEAN KANAO!" She could hear that, but pretended she didn't. "You too... KYAAAAAAAAAAAA-"

To be continued...