Chapter 119.5 - I Won't Die

Narrator: Akaza

I didn't believe what I had witnessed during that fight. Tanjiro, who was so weak a year ago, outmatching me. I couldn't even feel his battle spirit. It was if... it was if it I was fighting this... plant that should never have been here. I was outmatched by a weak, brittle human.

He showed no battle spirit whatsoever. Even a crying baby would emit even the faintest possible battle spirit. But Tanjiro... it was just a void. My Compass Needle couldn't even detect it. I... can't believe I lost to HIM of all people. Did he... is this... is this the "supreme territory" that I oh so longed for...? Those memories... they're flowing back now. In full detail, too. My decapitated head fell away, but my body wasn't crumbling.

I stopped the bleeding, sealed the wound, and I even began to regenerate my head as well. I could hear faint questioning in the back. "WAIT, HOW IS HE GETTING HIS HEAD BACK?!" the peach-haired one asked, frightened and confused. "WAIT, WHAT?!" Isekai followed, also confused. After I completely regenerated my head, before I even moved, I heard someone talk.

"Hakuji... why do you still fight?"

I punched behind me, trying to get rid of that person talking to me. No one was there, though, and it angered me more than ever. "You really are an unpleasant person, Tanjiro," I said, running right at him. He didn't move, so this was an easy kill. Unfortunately, that Isekai person tackled him aside.

Narrator: None

"Dude! Why didn't you- uh..." Isekai questioned, realizing that Tanjiro was unconscious. "He fell unconscious! It's no surprise, though... I'm pretty sure whatever he did threw him past his limit...!"  Isekai realizes, taking him aside. "Hold him off for a bit, Sabito!" he requested, carrying Tanjiro towards Makomo's direction. Sabito nodded and started fighting Akaza. "He should be a little sensitive, since he just regenerated his head...!"  he thought, a light of hope in his eyes.

Isekai arrived at Makomo's location, and she had almost freed Nezuko's head and hand. "What?! How are you this slow?!" Isekai question, bonking her head. "I'm trying! Also, what happened to Tanjiro?" she replied, looking at him. "He drove himself past his limit. He killed Akaza, but he seems to have expended way too much of his stamina...!" Isekai answered, laying him down. "Heal him up and have him come back to help me!" he finished, running back into battle.

Soon enough, Makomo was able to free Nezuko's hand, and she used Pyrokinesis to free herself. It took a minute, but she got herself out. She started gasping, trying to catch her breath. "Are you okay, Nezuko?!" Makomo asked, hugging her friend. "I'm okay. I... *cough cough* whoo... that one got into my throat...!" she replied, coughing out some ice. "Try and get the other two out. I'll try to heal your brother!" Makomo said, using her Water Magic in an attempt to restore Tanjiro.

Sabito and Isekai were still fighting Akaza, and they were at equal ground this time. When Akaza tackled Sabito aside, the other slayer rushed in to punch Akaza, then subdue him for a while using his Moon Chains. After he broke out of them, Sabito came running at the demon, trying to cut his neck off.

After Akaza punched him in the head, he exploded into water. Another Sabito was also killed from a punch to the heart, but even that one was a clone. A third one jumped up in the air, but as Akaza was about to strike, Isekai severed his wrist, stopping his punch. He used what little time he had to regenerate it and block the next incoming attack. "Water Magic, Sword Form: Lateral Water Wheel!" was commanded to Sabito's will, spinning sideways with his sword in hand.