Chapter 7.5 - Tanjiro and Kanao's Crush

Boys' Washroom, Kimetsu Academy

"Well then, Tanjiro. You've been gazing a lot at Kanao lately," Isekai says, getting straight to the point. "W-what? Of course I haven't!" he replies, denying it. "Then can you explain why you were giving Kanao the "I'm-in-love" gaze back in the cafeteria?" he asked, popping a candy into his mouth.

"Umm..." he uttered, trying to find a way to get out of his situation. "Hahaha, no need to beat around the bush so much. Main question is, are you in love with Kanao or not?" he went on, folding his arms. "Alright, alright! Maybe I am... But I just don't have the guts to put it on her mind!" he confessed, stomping. "Hm. Fair enough. Wouldn't be that confident to confess myself," Isekai muttered.

Girls' Washroom

"Aoi, um, any particular reason you brought me here?" Kanao asked, nervous. Aoi decided to be direct. "I'll just give the question straight up... Do you like Tanjiro?" she asks. "E-eh?! No, of course not! ᴼᵇᵛᶦᵒᵘˢˡʸ ᴵ'ᵐ ᶦⁿ ˡᵒᵛᵉ ʷᶦᵗʰ ʰᶦᵐ..." she says, her voice becoming much quieter at one point.

"What was that?" Aoi questions, hearing it. "Eep!" Kanao squeaks. "You're in love with him, you say?" Aoi goes on, walking closer to Kanao. "N-n-no! I'm not in love with that hardheaded fighter who I took pleasure doing the exercises on the first day of school with!" she adds, trying to deny it.

Aoi was tapping her foot on the floor, as if she was waiting for Kanao to realize something. "Nope! Not in love with him. Definitely not," she falsely stated as she began to walk out of the bathroom, blushing pink.

30 minutes before the match...

"Isekai! Got any intel?" Aoi calls. Isekai grinned. "Well, I got Tanjiro to fess up. Says he just doesn't know how to say it to her," he answered, putting one of his hands on his waist.  "Well, it was easier said than done for me. I got Kanao to get herself flustered over Tanjiro in general, but she stormed out before I could get more fish in the bucket," Aoi said, sighing.

"On the bright side, I DID come up with a Plan B-A and Plan B-B, depending on who fessed up and who didn't. B-A for Tanjiro, B-B for Kanao," he stated. "Sweet! I wanna hear it," Aoi exclaimed, excited. "Kanao never fessed, but Tanjiro did, so here's what happens."

15 minutes of revision, explanation and clarifications later...

"Got it?" he asked. Aoi nodded. "Good. Alright, the match is in about fifteen minutes, let's run for the stadium. I am definitely not missing Muichiro and Tanjiro's fight."

To be continued...