Chapter 103 - The Mugen Train

Isekai, Kanao and Tanjiro were running along the road, trying to reach the location where Enmu was last seen. "So, where is this demon?" Tanjiro asked. "They said he was last found at the station where the Mugen Train is to stop in the next half hour. It's said to be heading to Yoshiwara, the Entertainment District, next," Isekai answered, turning off his phone.

"Wait, the Entertainment District? Isn't that the only other housing outpost?" Kanao asked. "Wait, how do you know about that? We haven't told you shit," Isekai questioned. "I read the map when I was getting my new sword forged," Kanao explained, scratching her head. "Well, how's it feel to be back, and on your first mission?" Tanjiro asks.

"Not too bad. I'm already getting back into the feeling of being human," she answers. Soon, they arrive at the train station. "We're here. Recon says that the train should be arriving in about a couple of minutes..." Isekai stated, sitting down. "Anyway, while we're waiting, wanna eat?" Tanjiro asked, tossing both of them a protein bar. All three of them munched down on their food, and spent the rest of their time explaining the Demon Retribution Front to Kanao.

A while later...

The train had arrived, and it's front read "Mugen". "It's here. Come on, let's go," Isekai said, hopping up on top of the train, with the other two following. The train started to move, and Tanjiro decided to check the carriages. No one was there, and the lights were off. Isekai turned one of the carriage's lights on, and they decided to rest until someone saw any trace of a demon. Soon enough, all three of them fell asleep.

It has been 500 years since the battle between Hell and Earth. Everything was on fire, and towns all around the world were destroyed. There was no human left alive, and demons were prowling all around town.

Tanjiro opened his eyes, and he could see everything that was happening. "What...? What is all of this...?"  he questioned, leaping around buildings. He saw a demon, but it didn't charge at him. Tanjiro dismissed it, and looked at the sky. There was a big, pink-and-red light that dispersed the clouds around it.

"Did... we die? Are we all dead...? Did... Kibutsuji win...?!"  he questioned, trying not to cry. He was saddened and sickened. Muzan has achieved his goal, and finally acquired the criminal empire that he has always wanted.

"HEY, KID!" a voice yelled. "Huh? Great-great-grandpa Masuki?"  Tanjiro questioned, calling him. Masuki then explained everything to him. "Listen, kid! You're dreaming right now! You're dreaming of that bastard Kibutsuji's criminal empire! Here, there is no human alive! You have to reach that thing in the sky to get out of this dream. Your magic is still with you. Use it, and get out of here!"

"Yeah, he's right! This has to be a dream! I'm supposed to be at the train with Isekai and Kanao, not here! Whatever this is..."  he realized, using his Rocket Jump to reach the light in the sky.

Rocket Jump (The user gathers a great amount of kinetic energy onto their legs, and jumps in their designated direction to release it. Can be used in mid-air and underwater, but is far more powerful when jumping off terrain.)

Soon enough, Tanjiro touched it, and he was transported to elsewhere. This time, he was in a snowy hill, in front of a small house. It was devoid of any kind of modern technology, lightbulbs included.

"Oh, where am I now?"  Tanjiro questioned. He took a look inside the house, and he could see Takeo, Shigeru, and Hanako, along with his mother. Kie was cooking some food, and the three siblings were playing with each other. "Oh, it's... wait, why are they wearing those clothes? Is it reaching-back-to-the-past day today?"  he asks himself sarcastically. He walks back out, and he could see Tanjiro and Nezuko walking back on a cart.