Chapter 53 - VS Gyutaro II

As Tanjiro regained consciousness, he drew his sword, then repeated the process for using Rocket Jump. "Just like Grandma told me. Let your calf muscles concentrate and expand... and... NOW!"  he imagined his calf gaining power, as the power flickered and burst, ready to release in a gigantic leap. Tanjiro leapt forward, nearly cutting off Gyutaro's neck.

Tanjiro realized he avoided it, thinking about why. Gyutaro noticed his questioning expression, and decided to explain why he dodged. "You know why I'm dodging? Even if the fusion gets their neck cut off, it won't die. It'll just split us two apart. But, master hates it when we take too long to kill a bunch of non-Hashiras, so I'm gonna use a lot of what I got to kill you all." he explained as he conjured two more Flesh Sickles and hurled them at Isekai and Inosuke, trying to kill them both. However, they both parried the attacks, and charged in for head-on attacking.

Gyutaro grinned, complimenting: "Still standing? Such vigor... would be a shame for you to die here! Blood Magic: Flesh Sickles - Poisoned Veins!" as he made two instantaneous closing slashes, successfully hitting Inosuke and Isekai.

When they landed safely, their blood was already poisoned, and it took effect. It damaged Isekai badly, but somehow, Inosuke was fine.

Inosuke laughed a little, then asked: "Did I forget to tell you that my body is extremely unique? I'm no rare blood holder, neither do I have extra powers like Monjiro over here..." as Tanjiro yelled "It's Tanjiro!" as he continued. "But not only is my body highly flexible, I'm immune to most kinds of poison!"

Gyutaro thought about it, then nodded, replying "Yeah, makes sense. The poison should've taken effect about 3 to 7 seconds after I hit you. Whatever, you're immune to poison..." as he flashed behind Inosuke, ready for an arm strike. "But not to death!" he added as he made for a brutal swing, which was blocked by Tanjiro cutting his arm off.

The fused demon leapt back, gripping Daki's sashes. "Nimble, and very quick to react. I don't know who taught you, but I wanna know how you do it."

Isekai coughed up blood, then chimed in, replying: "We ain't done yet, asshole. I might be poisoned, but I'm just getting started!" as he stood up and clenched his fists, ready for combat.

Kanao was by no surprise concerned, muttering "We need to get you to Ms. Kanroji when we're over this." Isekai nodded, then charged in, with Nezuko following up. He faked an arm swing, then jumped left as Nezuko set off an Explosive Beam attack.

Explosive Beam (The user charges an explosion with two fingers, and forms a circle on the other hand to limit its shape. Explodes on contact, but penetrates through thin or soft surfaces such as animal fur or paper.)

The explosion hit Gyutaro, but he was covered in sashes as defense, and returned with the sickles that Inosuke and Isekai parried flying back at them. Kanao took notice, and cut them both into bits.

Gyutaro was getting beyond mad, gritting his teeth, then said "Fuck it. I ain't holdin' back now. I don't like it when pests like you never give the hell up. I'll use all of my power to kill you!" as the fused body mutated a little. He grinned once more, then said: "Watch your footing! The platform's crumbling." as he performed eight rapid slashes, severely damaging the platform as it began to crumble little by little.

Gyutaro laughed, mocking them for making the decision to fight him and his sister. "Well then?! You all have roughly 3 or 5 minutes to kill me or say your final goodbyes to each other! Either way, you're going to die. I may as well try to kill you now while this platform's crumbling."

Murata arrived to join the squad with an out-cold Kanae in his arms. He laid her down, then asked: "What happened? After you all disappeared, I tried to find you! Now you're on a crumbling platform?"

Inosuke gave off the answer. "Well we ended up falling after you shattered that marionette's core. That thing was what held most of this place together. By now, everything except us has hit the ground. We only got 3 to 5 minutes to kill these two."

Murata looked, then raised his eyebrow, as he saw only one. He asked about it, then Tanjiro replied, telling him that the two demons fused.

Isekai brightened up, then told them: "Wait. I have an idea." Kaigaku shrugged, saying: "Might as well hear it. Any idea works, since we're about to die anyway."

"We need someone who can cause an explosive or blinding reaction of some sort. We need to blind Gyutaro, then Inosuke, Tanjiro and Kaigaku can rush in for the decapitation. Nezuko, Zenitsu, try to find a way to cause an extremely bright explosion with Kanao assisting you. Yuichiro, try your hardest to hold this place together, try to delay the complete disappearance of our ground. The rest of us'll hold him off!" he explained, giving off their roles as Tanjiro, Isekai, Inosuke and Kaigaku rushed in for head-on combat.

Zenitsu and Nezuko tried fumbling with their magic to create a harmless but bright explosion. Nezuko had planned to imbue her Overloaded Howitzer Bullet into the flash, but Zenitsu gave it more thought. Eventually, after 10 seconds of Nezuko being blinded due to one of Zenitsu's newest techniques, this one named "Lightflash", they came to a close for Zenitsu to use it.

Lightflash (An electrical evasive that makes an extremely bright flash that causes disorientation and brief blindness.)

Kanao gave Isekai the signal that they were ready. He nodded to the others, and Inosuke, Tanjiro and Kaigaku backed out, with Isekai faking a huge energy wave. Gyutaro got ready to block, but Isekai backed out instead, which made Gyutaro briefly drop his guard. He took a look at the glowing energy beneath him, only to be flashed by a fused attack.

Blinding Blast (Lightflash and Overloaded Howitzer Bullet are used both at once. The detonation creates a harmless, but extremely bright explosion.)

Gyutaro could barely hear and see for a time, and they took the opportunity to decapitate him. He dodged Kaigaku's and Tanjiro's slashes, but Isekai struck his gut, forcing him to lurch forward, then Inosuke took the moment to perform a double outward slash, fully cutting off the fusion's head.

The body separated, showing Daki and Gyutaro as their own person. They tried to get up to continue fighting, but it was too late, as Zenitsu and Inosuke cut off both of their heads at once. Inosuke grinned and lifted the boar mask off his head, saying: "Heh. Jackass." as he and Zenitsu safely landed.

Daki and Gyutaro's bodies thumped on the ground, fading into ashes. Gyutaro was by no surprise extremely angry, and he began cursing all of the slayers that came to take him down.

His sister stopped him, telling him: "Quit cursing! We lost, and failed Master already. Accept your fate." Gyutaro growled, but eventually sighed, as he fully faded away.

Isekai coughed up more blood, then fell down. The last thing he could hear was Tanjiro saying: "No, no, no! Don't die now!" as he went into unconsciousness.

To be continued...