Chapter 34 - Isekai VS Tanjiro II

"I want to see how much you changed, how much you've been through that made your father give you a power like that. So, I'll make this proposal quick as I can. You and me. Let's throw down. If I win, you tell me about this "Hinokami Kagura" thing. If I lose, I'll forget about it," Isekai proposed as he walked off to one side of the court.

"Hey, uh, can't we just borrow one of the grounds from the tests?" Tanjiro suggests, actually freaked out. "You're nuts if you think so. You should know that if we fight hard, we'll be stopped. So if you don't want to get hurt, or, at least, not badly, strike back," Isekai suggested, stretching his arms.

"Wait, at least let's not do it here-" Tanjiro said as Isekai charged at him, and made a dark explosion where he swung. "I SAID WAIT, DAMN IT!" Tanjiro yells. Isekai made a light sword on his fingers and began to swing at Tanjiro. After half a minute of repeatedly dodging, Tanjiro gripped the sword and maneuvered over it, dropkicking his opponent.

"There ya go. Not so hard, now WAS IT?" Isekai berates him, immediately delivering a roundhouse kick to Tanjiro's face. "Hinokami Kagura: Clear Blue Sky!"  Tanjiro cried in his heart as he spun in a 360 degree motion, which Isekai evaded.

Isekai then prepared a larger bomb, sending Tanjiro flying. "Grrgh... JUST STOP!" he yelled, attempting to avoid combat as much as possible. "FIGHT ME, DAMN YOU!" Isekai yelled back as he flashed his chains, trying to capture Tanjiro.

Meanwhile, on the roads...

A car was moving, and the driver could see the school, where the driver could see dark and light powers being used at the same time, with occasionally a flash of fire from time to time. The man exited the car. He had dark red hair, much like that of Tanjiro. This, was his father, Tanjuro Kamado. "...I must investigate this," he said to himself, entering his car and driving towards the school.

"STOP RUNNING AND FIGHT!" Isekai yells, almost hitting Tanjiro with a Dark Bomb. "I DON'T WANT TO!" he answered as he swung at Isekai, who gripped his arms and threw him to the ground. When Tanjiro bounced back up a little, the relentless attacker threw a full-force punch at his stomach, sending him off towards a fence. Luckily, Tanjiro landed without causing damage. When he opened his eyes, he realized he needed to get away, as Isekai was about to fire another explosion. He jumped over the fence, fully evading his attack.

"Why are you even doing this?! We're like brothers, what got into you?!" Tanjiro questions, executing a Setting Sun attack. "I should be asking you that! You were so weak back then, never being able to defend yourself from some cocky brats that literally have no care for the world! We get into high school, and boom, right there, you just changed like you were reborn! I just want to know how you changed, nothing more! Just win this damn fight and I'll leave you alone!" he demands, landing a critically powerful kick to his neck. Tanjiro sighed.

"Grrr..." he growled whilst running at Tanjiro, who delivered a spin kick with high force, sending him spinning back a little. "I won't let you do me like this, Isekai. Let's go!"

The two fighters locked horns for quite some time. "Chaos Magic: Dark Bomb: Genocidal Machine!" he yelled out as purple energy blasts fired out of Isekai's hands, creating explosions wherever they made contact with.

Dark Bomb: Genocidal Machine (Rapid explosive energy bullets are fired from the user's palms. Power scales while using this attack.)

"Right here! Hinokami Kagura: Flash Dance!"  Tanjiro cried into his heart as he delivered a dashing tackle through Isekai, subduing him for a short moment.

Flash Dance (A single-hit dashing attack. Slower than Zenitsu Agatsuma's Thunderclap and Flash.)

"Try harder! Is this the best you got?! Chaos Magic: Pressure Distortion!" Isekai yelled out as rock spikes began forming from the ground.

Pressure Distortion (The user overclocks pressure on objects around, being able to manipulate the terrain. Losing grip on the terrain undoes all effects.)

Tanjiro hopped along the rock spikes growing from the ground. He got through and kicked Isekai's face, making all of the spikes slither back into the ground. Isekai landed safely and stood tall.

"We're ending this here," Isekai said as he readied a powerful punch with the high end of his power. "Fine." he answered, readying Hinokami Kagura at 60%. "This one's gonna hurt me... Hinokami Kagura: Dragon Sun Halo Head Dance!

Isekai and Tanjiro ran at each other, and were about to punch each other's readied fists. However, Tanjiro dodged Isekai's swing, and threw his punch. Isekai was struck, then engulfed in flames as a massive explosion hit him. After roughly two seconds, a purple gleam emerged from the smoke, and an arm gripped Tanjiro. "Eh?" he questions, not knowing what was about to happen.

Isekai then began to gain rotation momentum from setting off explosions in mid-air, then threw Tanjiro to the ground, causing massive damage to him. Tanjiro tried to get up, but Isekai got onto the ground and pinned him down. Isekai's eyepatch was on the ground, sizzling into ashes. However, Isekai's hair obscured any sight of his left eye. "Well then... I won... Tell me what I want to know..."

Tanjiro could only gasp for air as he tried to keep consciousness. Isekai just sighs. "That's enough, both of you," a voice says. Tanjiro turns his head left, and sees his own father. "...father?"

"Tanjiro, explain why you're up so late, getting into a fight so early in the morning," Tanjuro demands, kneeling down. "Isekai asked me to meet him here, so we could talk about my magic," he answers. "Isekai Mizuki, your old friend? Uhm... young boy, may you explain how you know our secret?"

"I was at the beach the day you told him about the recoil of the Hinokami Kagura or something like that. You also said he might have more magics manifest in him. It happened yesterday. Both of you. Explain yourselves," he demanded, crossing his arms.

"...I guess I DO owe you an explanation... Tanjiro, let's go home. We're going to explain all of this to your friend. Come in," he answered, gesturing to the car. Both Isekai and Tanjiro sigh as they both enter the car. Within about 10 minutes, they finally arrived at the Kamado Residence.

To be continued...