Chapter 75 - VS Zohakuten & Hantengu

The hate clone, Zohakuten took the initiative in the battle by sending 4 dragons made of wood after them. Mitsuri immediately cut them apart, with Giyu and Isekai following up to deal the first strike. Unfortunately for them, Zohakuten got them off of him by using a sonic screech, an ability from Urogi.

"He has their powers, too...?!"  Giyu questioned, half-surprised. He knew that this was louder than when he fought Urogi. "Was it always this loud?!" Isekai yelled, trying to let Giyu hear him. The latter nodded, and jumped sideways to avoid the radius. Isekai did the same, and drew out his gun to fire the drugged bullets. He didn't load it with nichirin ammunition, thinking he had no reason to, so he had no way of killing him, and even then, like all of the other embodiments of Hantengu's emotions, he couldn't die unless the main body was killed.

"We don't need to kill it, since we can't anyway! We need to hold out until either of these happen: Either the two of them reach the demon and kill him, or we fight dusk till dawn!" Isekai said, conjuring a double-edged spear made of his Chaos magic.

Blades of Torment (A sturdy yet sharp double-edged spear colored a bright purple is conjured from the user's hands. It can be combined with certain attacks, such as Infernum.)

The morale of the two Hashira at the scene was increased, and they stood by for battle. The three of them then charged at Zohakuten, who sent more wooden dragons.

On a road...

"There has to be a hospital here somewhere...! I need to hurry, I can't let Masachika die!"  Tanjiro thought, aware that the former's life was on his hands. Sabito and Makomo were following him, asking him what was wrong. "Masachika's badly hurt right now! I gotta hurry to the hospital, or his life ends tonight!" Tanjiro responded, moving even faster. The sounds of their feet hitting the ground as they ran towards the hospital was beginning to attract demons.

One leapt out of a bush and tried to finish off Masachika, but Makomo immediately halted the demon by beheading it. "Keep running, and don't stop! We'll keep them off of you, Tanjiro!" Makomo and Sabito said as the three kept running towards the hospital. Neither of them knew how much time was left before Masachika perished, but they knew that they had to try.

Elsewhere away from the intense duel...

Genya and Murata were still in pursuit of the slippery Hantengu. Genya was carrying Masachika's sword, using it in his stead. They both tried to make blows to the neck by using obstacles to boost themselves forward, but they never decapitated him.

They hopped off of walls, lamp posts, and climbed on kids' playgrounds. Eventually, Hantengu jumped onto Genya and started yelling words of resentment. Out of sudden fright, Genya instinctively used Masachika's sword to cut off Hantengu's head, and the battle was over. Or so they thought. The headless Hantengu kept crawling away, as if he didn't just get decapitated. "WHAT THE FUCK?" was Genya's first comment. They picked up the head as they tried to catch up. Murata read its tongue. "Resentment" was what it said. "Genya, when we first encountered that demon in the alley, what did its tongue read?" Murata asked, waiting to check if they actually killed the correct demon.

"The tongue read 'Fear' on it. Why do you care?" Genya asked. "Dude, we chased the wrong demon! This thing's tongue says 'resentment', not 'fear'!" Murata responded, now in despair knowing that 3-4 weeks' worth of running and swinging to kill Hantengu became pointless. "No, we didn't chase the wrong demon, we decapitated the wrong demon," Genya replied, aware of what's happening.