Chapter 47 - Isekai Goes Missing

Wednesday, January 21, 2030, Kimetsu Academy, 7:00 AM

All of the students were talking and making light arguments, when Tanjiro piped up. "...Anyone notice that Isekai isn't here?" Kaigaku shrugged, answering with: "I don't care about him, but yeah, where did that bastard go?" A memory from last night pinged Yushiro, making him sweat, followed by him saying: "...I might know."

Aoi wondered why he stood silent for ten seconds, then lightly yelling: "Well, say it, then!" Yushiro recalled his memories, trying to get the order of events right. "...I remember seeing two people hopping through houses while I was doing my homework... One, a woman with noticeably great curves and white hair with a lime ombre at the bottom, another, a man carrying two sickles..."

"And what does THIS have to do with Isekai's disappearance?" Genya questioned his testimony. Yushiro looked at him, then adding: "I was finishing up my last piece of homework when I saw them jump back through the path I saw them take... with a boy wearing a black hoodie."

A memory crossed Tanjiro's mind, then he said: "Wait, Isekai goes to sleep in black hoodies, doesn't he?" Kanao nodded slowly, answering: "Yeah...? OH."

"DID... DID SOMEONE KIDNAP HIM?!" Aoi screamed her question, visibly worried about her friend. Yuichiro piped in, saying what everyone was thinking. "I think Muzan wasn't kidding...! Clearly he isn't going easy anymore!"

Mysterious Fortress, 7:03 AM

Isekai had been punching down the bars, trying to break himself out. Somehow, his knuckles aren't left with scratches or marks, but the recoil pain is still there. "Grr... Dhh... DAHH!" he grunted as he finally broke down a bar. It was just spacious enough for him to squeeze through.

"Finally, got out of that cell, with a tiny cost of harming my knuckles past the point of ignoring the pain..." he muttered, with divided attention towards his hands' struggle. "Now, to find a way out of here." he added. He opened a door, and all he could see was a confusing build of a fortress that looks like people switch gravity inside.

"Kinda fucked up place is this? Taking me away and hiding me in complex-ass places, overkill is an understatement for this place. At least I can use my magic now..." he said to himself as he whipped out his chains. He then began to swing through the place, trying to find a way out.

Kimetsu Academy, 7:05 AM

Kanae opened the door, an envelope in her arms, greeting her class. "Hello class! Everyone is here except for... Isekai?! That's quite uncommon for him to be absent. Did something happen?" Yushiro was still sweating, answering with: "I think he might be missing!"

Kanae tried to cope with Yushiro's assumption, which at the time she thought was a light-hearted joke. "Yushiro, please don't joke about people going missing so lightly, it's rude." Tanjiro came to Yushiro's defense, uttering: "It's a possibility, though. According to him, two people took a boy in a black hoodie. Isekai sleeps in black hoodies."

Kanae realized he could be right, muttering: "...He really isn't going easy on us anymore..." Genya slammed his hands on the desk, exclaiming "We gotta get him back. He's one of the two possible paths of killing Kibutsuji, we can't lose him here!"

Ozaki agreed. "Right." Then, a person with black hair entered the room. "Greetings. Is this Class 1-A?" their principal, Kagaya Ubuyashiki, asked. The entire class answered him with multiple words that all meant "yes".