KC: Strong

"Kanao, remind me why we're here, again?" Tanjiro requests, trudging through the snow directly behind his wife. "Government helicopters recorded sightings of a person in this mountain. I only took you with me because you're the strongest person I know, except for you-know-who, but, you know he left a while ago..." she replied, smiling.

"I don't know what kind of insane guy would be here..." he mutters, finally managing to work past the snow. They exited the cave they were in, and they were hit by the cold winds and the harsh blizzards that the mountain constantly spews on a daily basis. Before Tanjiro can open his mouth, a big gust of foggy blizzard wind hits him. "We've been hiking for a week by now. How close are we to the peak?" he asks, then proceeds to try to heat up his hands.

"...Kanao?" he calls out, noticing she didn't respond. Tanjiro looks around him, and he realizes he's not in the same place he was three seconds ago. He was on a flat ground of ice, and spikes adorned the background. The snow wasn't nearly as intense as where he was a couple of seconds ago. "Where... am I?" he asks himself.

"At the peak of this mountain," someone answers. Tanjiro suddenly turns to look in their direction, and his eyes widen at who he is seeing. "Been a while. How's everyone back home, Tanjiro?" the person greets, raising their hand. "...Isekai...?" he calls out, reaching. "Don't get swept up in the sight, I'm not here to come back home with you," he says, crossing his arms.

"I just want to see... is it worth leaving it all to you?" he continues, taking a battle stance. "Hey, can't we talk for a bit? You've been gone for 6 years..." Tanjiro questions, taking a step back. "No time, I don't know how long we have before Kanao finds us," he replies, shooting an energy beam. Tanjiro dodged it and took a deep breath.

"...maybe we can't talk, but... this works too. JUST LIKE OLD TIMES!" he utters, rushing forward. Isekai dodged every last one of his attacks. "Slow," he commented, kicking his opponent in the arm. Tanjiro attempted to retaliate but was too slow in punching him. "Sloppy," he continued, elbowing his abdomen, then proceeding to roundhouse kick him away. Suddenly, a spear made of fire was thrown. "Sad," he comments, dodging it with ease. "...was that Sunflower Thrust?"

"Yeah, but modified for a ranged attack. It's a prototype right now, so it's not entirely perfect just yet," Tanjiro replies, emerging from the ice he crashed into.

Sunflower Thrust: Ranged Style (Fire will converge and form a pointy spear. It can be thrown, and the overall power is equal to that of the Single Strike form of Sunflower Thrust.)

They were only getting started. "I won't let you mock me!" Tanjiro yells out, putting his hands together and making a sign. "Domain Arts: Ise Grand Shrine!" he calls out, flames expanding to create a special domain that painted the space around them.

Ise Grand Shrine (A Domain Arts that creates a space that completely replicates the Ise Grand Shrine. In this domain, the power of the Sun Magic's moves and sub-abilities grows exponentially, apart from Rocket Jump.)

"When did you become able to use Domain Arts?" Isekai asks, impressed. "Yoriichi-san taught me when I turned 27. However, this is my first battle in which I have proper control over this ability. Now, try and talk big after I'm done!" Tanjiro explained, charging forward with Nikko no sozo in hand.

A great battle ensued. "Hinokami Kagura: Beneficent Radiance!" Tanjiro called out, attempting to slash his opponent. He barely misses. "There it is... THAT'S the Tanjiro I wanted to fight!" Isekai comments, powering up. "Are you kidding?! He hasn't even gotten serious yet...? Am I... that weak?!" Tanjiro asks himself, losing faith in his ability to win this battle.

After a long, hard-fought struggle, the two have a simple standoff. No one moved. "Alright, we're running out of time, Tanjiro. Let's end this, yes?" he suggests, taking a stance. Tanjiro activated the Glorious Blessings of Amaterasu, and requested that she not only restore his energy but crank his power to reach the depths of his potential, just for this single moment. "Domain Arts: Ise Grand Shrine!" Tanjiro calls out one more time, then proceeds to use his Energy Mimics to unleash all 11 offensive forms of the Hinokami Kagura at once.

"Hm... yes... this is what I wanted. You truly are my best friend here, yet it is for that reason that our rivalry is so intense. I have you to thank... for making me feel like a mortal again," Isekai thought, forming a sign with his hands. Taking a quick breath, he then uttered his next words.

"Domain Arts: Final Declaration of a Million Converged Judgements."

Final Declaration of a Million Converged Judgements (Isekai's Domain Arts. Or, rather, an ability he's always had? Since, of course, he doesn't belong in this world. The effect of the domain is unknown, but knowing Isekai in himself, it's extremely potent.)

...

After Isekai hit Tanjiro with his domain, they were then standing in a prairie. "So, how're the kids?" Isekai asks. "They're doing great. They're Honors students, and they're really diligent in their studies and training," Tanjiro replies. They both sit there and keep talking about what's been happening in Tanjiro's life.

"Can I ask you something?" he requests. "Why did you vanish like that? Kanao and Muichiro have been looking for you for six years now," Tanjiro then asks, causing Isekai to sigh. "Ask Yoriichi-san when the time is right. He'll tell you everything he knows about me," he replies. "I can't tell you anything, because this has to be something that never gets out, no matter what."

"That aside, it's time you ran along. I've got stuff to do," he continued, crossing his arms. "I don't know if our paths will cross ever again, but if you find yourself in an unfamiliar space to where you were just seconds ago from then, then you know I'm there," Isekai tells him.

"I really didn't provide much of a challenge for you, did I?" Tanjiro asks. "Maybe not, but, you know, it was fun fighting you again. You even showed me a couple of new tricks," Isekai replies. Tanjiro tries to chime in, but his friend cuts him off. "Don't keep looking down on yourself. Stand up, and be proud, okay? You were a massive part of the battle against Muzan. Remember that, without you, many demons would probably still be alive," he tells Tanjiro, who starts tearing up. They share a brief hug before Isekai utters his last words to him.

"You are strong."

Back to where Tanjiro was standing before he vanished...

Kanao had been panicking, when she saw foggy winter wind converge in a space. It then exploded, revealing her husband's heavily injured body. He wasn't going to die, but he needed some rest. "TANJIRO! Oh no, are you okay?" she calls out, rushing to his aid.

"I'm fine, I'm fine, really," he replies, staring up into the sky, with a smile on his face. "...why are you smiling?" Kanao asks. "He was here."

"Huh?" she questions, curious. "He was here, and I got a chance to meet him again," he continues, sitting up. "...do you mean..." "Yeah, I mean Isekai. It was really great to see him again, and we fought each other, just like old times," he replied. "What did he say to you? And more importantly, where did you vanish off to?" Kanao then asks, surprised that they actually met.

"I was transported to the peak of that mountain," Tanjiro replies. "I guess we should turn back home. It's best if we say that we found no one here," he continues. Kanao reluctantly agreed, knowing that this was probably the best for Isekai.

"And, what did he say to you? You never answered that," Kanao asks him again. Tanjiro sighs, and chuckles as he wears a shining smile, bright as day, in the freezing cold. "He told me that I am strong."

-=END=-