Chapter 81 - Revival

Akaza was wandering around Muzan's stronghold. He tripped and opened a door by accident, revealing Muzan behind it. "Ah! Master, forgive me!" Akaza pleaded, sweating.

"No, no, come in, actually," Muzan responded. The demon went inside, and was greeted by Muzan doing some form of magic power. "What are you doing?" Akaza asked. Muzan chuckled, and began evilly laughing. "Why, I'm performing a magic power to revive the Lower Moons!" he explained, opening his arms.

"Why would you want them back...? They were easily disposed of by the Slayers Corporation, not to mention Hantengu failed!" Akaza questioned. "I'm reconstructing all six of them with stronger abilities. I have the DNA data of every one of the Lower Moons, so I'm using this information to revive them! I'll be injecting high amounts of blood into them as well, returning them not only to their strength as Lower Moons, but a power greater than that! They are to be called the Pseudo-Upper Moons! And, as per the ranking's rules, you are to refer to them as Pseudo-Upper Moons," Muzan explained. Akaza nodded.

"Well, would you look at that! Kamanue's already beginning to regenerate! Rokuro and Mukago as well!" he exclaimed. Soon enough, all six of the Upper Moons were revived. They were all gasping and panting, signaling that they were past that painful regeneration. "Well then, you six. How do you do?" Muzan asked, grinning.

"We are pained very badly... but also very thankful for your choice to revive us all..." Rokuro responded, trying to catch his breath. "Now, for the fun part!" Muzan exclaimed, jabbing them all with his Flesh Whips.

"Inject."

Then, the six Lower Moons began to take in immense pain once again, as Muzan injected even more of his blood into them. Tossing, turning and gagging, they tried to endure it. Eventually, a dark aura began to coat them, and it burst into an inferno of energy waves.

"YES! YES! ARISE, MY REBORN CREATIONS!" he gleefully exclaims, prompting Kokushibo, Doma and Kanao to arrive. They were all watching this light show of power. "NOW WATCH THEM BECOME MORE USEFUL TO ME! YOU ARE NO LONGER LOWER MOONS! YOU ARE NOW PSEUDO-UPPER MOONS!" he gleefully exclaims once more, laughing and cackling as their aura exploded.

They stood up from the ground, a new mark embedded onto their eyes. For Kamanue, it read: Upper Rank Six, and it read the same for others, but it varied for their specific rank. "M-Master, what is the meaning of this, surely you don't think we're worthy of more power, even after we died to non-Hashira slayers?" Mukago questioned, visibly grateful but skeptical.

"That's the point. When you all died to Class 1-A's members, I knew it was my fault, and you clearly couldn't handle a Hashira alone, let alone multiple. You clearly weren't strong enough. Luckily for me, I left towards Rui after the battle cleared out. I picked up some of his DNA, and left before the engineering team arrived. I did the same for the others. And now, you're here, stronger than before."

Wakuraba blinked. "Now, you are to make yourselves useful to me. We still have untrained demon soldiers around the area. Train them for the upcoming war. You have until June 31st. Go, now!" Muzan ordered, prompting all of the Pseudo-Upper Moons to leave.

"How do you think they'll fare against the army of Slayers?" Doma asked. Muzan sighed. "Although who I transform becomes immortal and powerful, even I'm scared about the battle's outcome. I looked on the Corporation as a fun joke for my own gain, but they just fucked it over. Now, I'm not looking to face any more casualties towards my highest subordinates," he answered.

Akaza left the room, noting that he was going to train his platoon. The others left to do the same, excluding Kanao, who stayed in the room with Muzan. "Kanao, I want you to assist Kokushibo in his platoon training. His leadership skills aren't very well refined," he ordered. "Yes, master," said Kanao, leaving the room to do her assigned task.

To be continued...