Chapter 1-Walk

3rd POV-

"Y/N!!"

A familiar voice pulled Y/N abruptly out of her trance. You looked across the busy classroom to see your friend waving you down from the doorway, Dorothy. Her blonde hair graced her face and fell down to her shoulders. She wore a plain, bright blue shirt and a denim colored skirt that was about the length of her knees. Dorothy was known for being one of the brightest, happiest characters in the class. You usually would stay quiet during class and lunch, but those who got to know you realized that you were pretty energetic...as in loud.

Y/N slung her f/c backpack around her shoulder and stood out of her seat, maneuvering in between classmates to meet her friend. The school bell rang, releasing everyone in the school for the weekend.

"So, any plans for the weekend?" Dorothy asked as you both walked down the halls.

"Meh, not really." You replied. "My dad's heading over to the scrapyard with his friends because apparently that's a thing now. So yeah. I dunno if we're actually doing anything."

"Oh, ok." Dorothy and Y/N made it out of the hallways in the school and were met with the blinding flare of the sun. "You walking home?"

"Yeah, my mom should be home by now...hopefully." You chuckled at the last part, Dorothy smiling with you. You two were neighbors, knowing each other since you were 7. You moved into the neighborhood at the time, but Dorothy had already been living there. You went to the same Elementary, High School, and now the community college. It was an understatement to say you guys were just friends or acquaintances.

"So...what about you, huh?" You asked, breaking the silence. "Anything going on? Your folks finally gonna let you go to one of the school games?"

"Oh, heck no!!" Dorothy burst with laughter. You laughed along with her. Dorothy's parents were definitely not big fans of sports. You two were huge fans of the school's volleyball team. You always loved the sport for some reason, even though you were only 5'0 and couldn't imagine jumping high enough to hit that ball. (Calm down over there I ain't attacking y'all I'm freaking 5'11 ☹️)

"Yeah....but don't worry, I'll be there." Dorothy said in her signature "I've got this covered" voice. The one that was only complete with her smug grin and overly exaggerated posture and super hero pose.

"Yeah, you better." Y/N elbowed her in the side gently, setting off the whole act.

You two stopped at the end of the sidewalk. This was where the neighborhood starting splitting up into several roads, like a maze. Except you two knew exactly where to go from here. You both walked down the sidewalk along the road, which was surprisingly empty. Y/N and Dorothy began to talk about the day in school, complaining about test scores and joking about random awkward encounters they had with some old school friends.

"I swear, Jim had the craziest look on his face when he did it!!" You said.

"Y/N, come on. You cannot expect me to believe Jimmy Carter shot his milk out of his nose when you said that to him."

"Oh, yes he did!" You said, hanging your head back and proceeding to laugh your head off. Dorothy paused, looking to the left of you two, and tugged on your shirt.

"Come on, I know a shortcut back home." Dorothy led Y/N in between the two houses. Behind the houses was a wall of bushes and sharp branches.

"How do you know this will lead us home?" Y/N questioned.

"Because, me and my brother go this way all the time, usually after I pick him up." She explained as both girls carefully made their way through the brush.

"And we never use it because..?"

"What? I like having 'us' time after school. To me, the longer the better."

"Yeah.." Y/N agreed. They hopped down a small hill onto another side walk. It was a part of the neighborhood Y/N wasn't too familiar with. She knew the road that was ways down the houses before her, but the atmosphere was still unnerving and all too new.

"This way," Dorothy said, leading the way. Away from the road Y/N knew. You didn't like this at all. You didn't like going through places you weren't familiar with. I mean, Dorothy seemed to know this place, and you trusted her, but still. You both passed by a bunch of old-looking houses. They were the same style as the ones you usually passed by, but now they seemed so much brighter compared to these ones. Y/N looked at the house the girls were passing by. It was painted almost completely black, giving an eerie haunted house vibe. Old wooden boards hanging down from the sides, cracked windows, old bare trees whose branches seemed to stick out like long, prickly thorns. Thank goodness you and Dorothy were almost down to the end of the road.

But then Dorothy had to stop. She looked at the heaps of trash covering the yard. But it wasn't just normal trash, it was practically a miniature scrapyard. From old microwaves to ginormous generators and pieces of what seemed to come from a sci-if film, the yard seemed to have it all. But what had caught Dorothy's eye wasn't any of the things Y/N had mentally noted. In fact, it was one of the most bizarre pieces in the collection.

In the center of the yard, hunched over and legs stretched out in front of it, a metal bear stared lifelessly at the ground. It had a faded pink color on it's chest, ears, and rosy cheeks. A rusted top hat and bow tie both sat loosely on the bear.

"Now that's something you don't see every day." Dorothy snickered. "No, seriously, that thing wasn't there yesterday."

"Maybe the house keeper just brought it in?" Y/N guessed.

"Eh, I guess." Dorothy said, shrugging it off. As she walked away, Y/N couldn't help but stare for a bit at the bear. It really ticked her off for some reason. But it was just a hunk of metal. It couldn't do anything to her. Y/N sped after her friend and they both rounded the corner, making their way downtown.

So, a small update for people just reading this. Y/N is 19 in this story, yes. But I originally planned to start her out as 15 years old when she FIRST meets Freddy, then the story skips to when she's in her twenties. Buuuuuuttt I kinda fell out of that plan and she ended up just staying 15. Like. I totally forgot about her actual age. And I didn't feel like going through every bit of dialogue at first, trying to correct her age or at least make it so Freddy's less sus lookin. But I mean, come on. I'm assuming a majority of us here are teenagers?? 🤣 So if there are some comments saying stuff like how we're 15 or a minor in the story, that's why. 🥲