Chapter 34-First day

It feels like it's been FOREVER since I've updated this book!! I've been writing the chapters for this sequel AND the Withered Bonnie x Reader separately on my iPad, but with school and sports and stuff I couldn't upload the chapters before. So here I am, on a night where I finally have TIME to do that so enjoy :D
(Anyone else watch J-Gems interviewed? Cause the last preview of Cassidy was GOLD lol but like seriously I somehow find this child to be both the devil and the most precious thing)

You walked back into the building that night, your charm by the place's daytime protocols carrying you through the night. Otherwise, you wouldn't have come back at all. The friendly and almost cartoonish atmosphere Circus Baby's once had was nearly dead and replaced with a strong sense of discomfort. Your hands gripped onto the leather strap around your shoulders, a small bag hanging by your waist. Despite your lingering anxiety, Foxy's words repeated in your head.
He'd hoped to see you there. He wanted to see you there. That was kind of comforting knowing you had a friend here and he didn't seem like a dangerous character. And if he wasn't dangerous, the others probably weren't, too.
Anyways, you had to walk backstage again, taking a few turns directed to you earlier and you were met with a large elevator. But it looked like the elevator had been pulled straight out of a sci-film. You gulped and pressed the combination of keys that opened it up for you. The passcode had also been given to you once you were employed. Apparently, the company didn't want anyone besides the ones who worked for them to know what was down there.
Another reason to enhance the discomfort. Yay.
You stepped into the elevator, the doors closing shut behind you. There were a couple posters of the characters on the walls, but they weren't anything you hadn't seen before. There was, however, a small keypad...thing..in front of you. The elevator was shaking just a tad as it descended.

"Hmm," you hummed. The keypad's speech was cut off once the doors opened. Ahead of you was some kind of lobby. It was lit with a green tinge and had two large glass windows on either side of it. In front of each of those windows was a stand with two buttons, a light bulb and a bolt.
"I wonder what those are for," you wondered out loud. Taking a few steps more into the lobby, you could see more clearly, another door laid out in front of you. There were multiple masks and animatronic heads attached to the wall and poles stringing them up. That haunting, discomforting feeling bore into your back.
You felt like you were being watched.
Oh no, not the heads, no.
"Hello, Y/N?"
"Aah!" You yelped and stumbled to the opposite direction of where the sudden greeting had come from. Once your heart was back to a..fairly normal heart rate, you turned to your right.
"Foxy!! You gave me a heart attack!" Foxy was, indeed, standing just outside your right window, his snout and paws pressed up to the glass.
"Sorry, dear Y/N, but I was too delighted to see you'd come to visit us!" He jeered. You were quick to wash out that bubbly feeling in your stomach-the one you got from his adorable optimism-and focus on one thing he said.
"Sorry-us? If you don't mind me asking, who else is here?"
"Oh! I don't think you've met everyone, actually. Let's see, tonight it's just me, Ballora, Funtime Freddy, and of course, Circus Baby. Or just Baby. That's what we call her."
Your stomach twisted. You didn't know why, though. Maybe it was the mention of "Funtime Freddy". That sounded very, very familiar. Like de ja vu, even. You'd have to wait and see for yourself.
"Don't swear it, Y/N! I've already talked to Ballora about you, and she's usually the most hardheaded out of all of us. If she's accepted you, we'll all accept you."
"How are you so sure about that?" You mumbled nervously under your breath.
"Just trust me, Y/N," Foxy replied. You piped up to his response. "I can hear you~" he teased. That bubbly feeling again. "So what's the plan for tonight? More maintenance? System tests?" Foxy's energetic voice turned into more of a slump. He was obviously bothered by something.
"Oh, n-no, I wasn't given anything for tonight. And so far, I'm not allowed to touch up on you guys, heh." As much as you were into robotics and how these guys worked, you didn't feel comfortable working on a machine that was sentient, and could probably feel everything you were doing. Wait...can these guys feel?
"That's a relief." Foxy exhaled. Somehow. I think we've established by now these guys defy physics and can B R E A T H E. Suddenly, there was a loud boom throughout the building, making you flinch. "Not again," Foxy grumbled.
"What happened?" You asked. It looked like this had happened multiple times before.
"The power's out. And I think I know who's responsible..." Foxy continued to growl under his breath. Again, the B R E A T H I N G. "I'm surprised the staff or even HandUnit didn't give you proper directions. Anyway, you'll have to make a straight shot through Ballora's room to get to the breaker room. It has a big poster of Freddy on it. Can't miss it."
"Okay, should I worry about Ballora, though?" You asked again.
"Hmmmmm, nope!" Foxy yipped. "Just go into the breaker room, grab the monitor, hold down to restart the areas of the building, yadda yadda. You're free to go!" Foxy cheered with more than needed enthusiasm from behind the window. He pointed you over to Ballora's empty window where you found a hatch at the bottom.
"Umm, Foxy?" You practically whimpered as you crouched down. It made you feel more dependent than you'd wanted. You didn't like it. Foxy hummed in response. "Freddy isn't gonna..hurt me or anything, is he?"
"Oh, no! Freddy loves party guests!" You looked out into the pitch darkness, grabbed a lone flashlight from your bag, and set out into the Gallery.

Once you stepped inside, the darkness seeped in deeper. It was suffocating, both the silence and the feeling of someone else lurking in the shadows. Something else. You shone your flashlight at a dim level, but just enough to see the next several feet ahead. You stepped forward once. Then twice. You were walking, and soon quite comfortably. It shouldn't be too long until the breaker room turned up.
You could hear your own breathing, tempting you to quiet it. There was a very small clack from your shoes that gave you a tingling, anxious feeling at the tips of your hands. At the corner of your ear, though, you picked something else up. A chime? No. Multiple chimes. A music box. A song. It was a song being played, and it was getting louder.
You stayed frozen in place, dimming down the flashlight even more so you could barely see out a couple feet.
The music faded away until the room was deafening silent.
You proceeded back to your rhythmic steps forward in an attempt to ease yourself back into the mission. Once you turned the flashlight back to a normal brightness range, you looked ahead again. Out in front of you was a door with a poster of Funtime Freddy on it.
You've heard this name before. You felt like you knew him already. Maybe you'd come here when you were younger? No, it felt like it was something more personal....
You opened the door with a small freak, no louder than your very footsteps, and slipped inside. The breaker room was dark, nearly pitch black, with only a few unsettling sparks of electricity lighting up the room. From what you could see, it was a mess of wires and cable hanging down from the ceiling. You couldn't see anywhere past it.
"Motion trigger, breaker room," a robotic voice spoke. "You may now interface with the breaker control box. Using the interface may disrupt nearby electronics. If you feel you are in danger, feel free to disconnect the interface, before you feel it is safe to reconnect."
"Hang on...what?!" You hush yelled to yourself. You didn't really process anything the speaker had told you, and judging from the following prolonged silence, you guessed it wouldn't be repeating the instructions anytime soon. "Well...back to work, then. I have to get this done if I want to keep this job....which I guess I do." You picked up a monitor from a small pedestal...thing set up next to the door.
You clicked onto one of the areas of the building, holding it down until the bar next to it filled to 100%. There was some particular sparks in the room that flashed once the bar had filled. You assumed it was because of the power coming back on and got back to work. But wait...didn't HandUnit say it would disturb any nearby electronics? Well, you didn't see or hear anything out of the ordinary, so it must be safe now.
You recharged each area one by one until there was one room left. You were at 53% when the bar just..stopped. You raised an eyebrow and shook the tablet. Nothing. Knocked on it a couple times. Still nothing. Something caught your eye and you looked down.
There was a blue spark from behind you, illuminating a shadow.
Something big was standing behind you.
Your body froze. Your head slowly creaked to the side, paralyzed by the shock pulsing through you in the moment.
Behind you were two glowing, bright blue obnoxious eyes. They blinked. Another sparked flickered and you got a better view of the figure. It was a bear, undoubtedly Freddy; hand puppet, top hat and all. In his one hand he was holding a particular chord that was disconnected. That should've been the one that screwed up that last charge up.
Freddy blinked a few more times before leaning forward. He suddenly widened his eyes, dropping both the chord and his jaw.
His hand grabbed onto your shoulder abruptly and he finally squeaked out, "Y/N?"
You didn't realize what happened next, but your vision had quickly faded to black, your body falling limp. You heard Freddy distantly yelp and drop you (probably on accident) and the impact to your head led you into unconsciousness.