Chapter 24-Guilt

One week later...
Your parents were gone a lot more throughout the day working two jobs for some extra money for trips and such. You were fine with spending more time with Freddy and Cody home alone, with your dad calling to check in every once in a while. But you started to feel guilty about the work they were putting in.
Freddy thought it was frustrating, and your parents found it strange.
Especially after a certain outburst the previous night.
You were quietly sitting at the edge of your bed, looking down at your nails. You heard the sound of your parents pulling out and you knew that now you were in for it from Freddy.
The basement door swung open.You scooted back to the edge of your bed.
Footsteps stomped down the hall.You pulled the cover over your head and clenched your eyes shut.
The footsteps stopped.
Your bedroom door slowly creaked open.
Freddy peaked through to see you with your head covered by the blanket. He softly stepped to the side of your bed and reached forward to your blanket.
He grasped the edge and slowly uncovered your face. You calmed down, now knowing he wasn't angry with you at the moment. His small, friendly smile confirmed it. You crossed your legs and sat up against your bed. Freddy's smile turned more solemn, his eye lids drooping down and his ears lowering. You flinched reached up and put his hand on your cheek.
"Whey did you have to say that?" He said quietly. You raised an eyebrow, confused about the question. "I don't deserve anything good that comes through from you? I-I'm only a burden to you all? Are you serious?" He asked.
"Well, no! I don't really feel like that! I said it as a joke! This was exactly what I was telling my parents last night!" You said, forcing Freddy's hand back.
He bounced on the bed and pouted. "Yes. I heard." He muttered. "But you can't just say those bad things like they're  nothing."
"But they are! They really are, trust me." You said.
"No, you trust me. I know from watching people over and over that saying that about themselves as 'nothing' will eventually get you to taking it more seriously. Maybe even acting on it." He said angrily. Your eyes retreated back down to your fidgety hands. "How often do you say that to yourself?" He asked in a softer tone.
"Well..." you weren't sure if you should say so...he might get even more upset. But if you denied it now after trailing off, he'd probably insist that you tell him. "...fine. I guess I used to think like that before. As in, way before I met you. It got pretty bad, but I kept it on a down low so no one noticed. Though it still comes up every once in a while, but it's not as bad. But...I guess....I've been thinking about it for a few days now...."
Freddy frowned. He looked down at your hands fidgeting with each other. He grasped onto them with his own. "Well....I can't change the way you think, but I think I know a way to help." He gave a small smile.
"Aren't a kids entertainer? Not some kind of therapist." You laughed.
"Well, no, but I'm great at comforting kids, too." He said, humming as he closed his eyes. Freddy took your hands and pressed them up to his speaker. You were astonished when you felt the small vibrations of a guitar softly playing through his speakers.
"Right, I forgot you could do this!" Y/N said, laughing like a little kid getting a new balloon at the carnival. She raised an eyebrow at Freddy with a smirk, remembering the last incident with her school project.
Freddy chuckled and scooted over completely onto the bed. "You don't have to be a hero to save the world..." he sung.
"Wait, what?" You laughed. Freddy put a finger against your lips, silencing you. "It doesn't make you a narcissist to love yourself...it feels like nothing is easy, it'll never be..." he pushed himself back so he was leaning back against the wall alongside you. He put one hand over yours. "That's alright, let it out, talk to me."
The music kickstarted and he started to sway along with the beat. You found it actually fairly soothing to you, so you started swaying with him. "You don't have to be a prodigy to be unique...you don't have to know what to say or what to think...you don't have to be somebody you can never be...." he put one hand at your chin and lifted your head to face him. "That's alright, let it out, talk to me." He smiled, and you smiled with him.
Freddy pulled you into a hug, resting his head on top of yours. He started to sway with you with his arms wrapped around you protectively.
"Anxiety, tossing turning in your sleep...even if you aren't awake, you still see them in your dreams. It's so dark tonight, but you'll survive, certainly..." He said with a squeeze. "It's alright..." he loosened his grip a bit. "..come inside....and talk to me." He said, sighing and closing his eyes halfway.
Freddy reached one hand at your upper back up and started running it through your hair. "We can talk here on the floor, on the phone if you prefer..I'll be here until you're okay. That you learn to release your pain, you and I will share the weight. Growing stronger day by day..." Freddy moved his hand down from your head and he started drawing closer to you.
"It's so dark outside tonight...build a fire warm and bright..." he grabbed onto your body, worry creasing onto his features. "And the wind, it howls and bites....bite it back with all your might....!" Freddy's eyes shot open, old memories fading away.
The warm and welcoming bedroom calmed down his senses. He was safe. Freddy looked down at you. Your eyes were closed as you curled up against Freddy. He smiled warmly at you and scooted forward, laying down on the bed. He adjusted his hold on you before easing you down under the blanket next to him.
"Anxiety, tossing turning in your sleep..." he sung quietly, dimming the music. He brushed some hair out of your face. "Even if you run away, you still see them in your dreams. It's so dark tonight...it looks nice..." he put his forehead against yours. "Fall asleep....It's alright..."
He slowly opened his eyes. "...Come inside..." you opened your eyes a sliver. "...And talk to me."
"Thanks," you whispered bashfully.
"No problem, sugar plum." Freddy whispered, his eyes drooping.
"Hey, isn't it still morning? How are you tired?" You chuckled.
"I guess you're really relaxing to me, then!" Freddy giggled, grabbing onto you and snuggling his head into your shoulder.
"Fred! This is not the most relaxing thing at this particular moment!!" You scolded him.
"Maybe not for you." He muttered. You groaned. "Best get comfortable, darling. I'm not letting you go any time soon. You did bring this on yourself, really." You pouted, puffing your cheeks as Freddy held onto you. The alarm clock on your dresser said 10:14 am.
Hopefully this won't last too long....
But it wasn't long before you fell asleep snuggled up next to Freddy with him whispering sweet things into your ear.

Welp there are two reasons behind this chapter. One, I've wanted to use this scenario in the chapter "music", but I kinda sorta forgot about it while writing. Two, I've been listening to the song ON LOOP and go me FunFred is the living definition of comfort character and tHiS iS gETtINg NvMgZO zTZrM....

Edoc tebahpla