Chapter 21-Birthday 1

Creak...

Creak....

Stop.

"What-?"
"SURPRISE!!!"
"AAH!!"
Your mom fell out of the bed. Not what you expected.
You, your dad, and Cody were all crowded around her with a plate of bacon and eggs. Cody was holding the napkin and utensils, and you had a cup of orange juice. Everyone froze.
"Oh! Sorry!" Your mom said, sitting back down on the bed. She saw the breakfast you had all made for her. "Aww, you guys didn't have to!"
"Well, we kinda did," Y/D/N said. He set the plate on your mom's lap, and you and Cody put your items on the desk next to her.
"Happy birthday!" You both cheered, walking out of the room.
"Wow, that didn't go as planned." You said.
"Yeah! I wonder how she'll react to Freddy."
"Yeah..." you spaced out, thinking back to what your dad had said about the bear that morning. "Don't worry, I worked on some renovations to him last night". What could that mean?
In the living room there were purple and blue streamers on the ground with a few white balloons here and there. The colors kind of reminded you of Funtime Freddy.
"Anyway, what did dad want us to do again?" Cody asked.
"He said that everything should be ready to go in the backyard, we should just get out the ingredients for the cake." You explained.
"Hey, wanna see what's outside?" Cody asked, rubbing his hands together.
"Ehh, why not?" You beamed, running to the door and slipping through. There was a table set up on the side, probably for the food, and there were some more balloons tied to the ground in the corners. It looked like your cousins were coming too, because for the first time in a while your dad decided to take out the bin of toys. And on the side, in the corner, was a small stage with a...shower curtain?...hanging over it.
"Is that where Freddy is!" You asked, pointing to the little stage.
Cody followed you outside and gasped. "DAD DID ALL OF THIS?!!" His jaw dropped. "Hey, Freddy's over there!" Cody started forward to the stage.
"Hang on, we don't wanna spoil the surprise, do we?" You raised an eyebrow.
"You can stay if you want. I wanna see what dad did to Freddy!" Cody jumped up and down, and he raced to the curtain. He pulled it to the side and he screamed, jumping back and landing on his butt. The sudden spike of fear in your body decreased when Cody started laughing. "You got me good! Y/N! Y/N! Freddy jump scared me! And he looks awesome!!"
You smiled. "Ok, I'm coming over. But Freddy, you had better stay inside there."
"Don't worry about it, lamb chop!" Freddy exclaimed from behind the curtain. "Hey, I have my own little stage just like Foxy!"
"Cool!" Cody said. "Can you tell me about your pizzeria?" He asked in awe.
You could practically feel Freddy's smile radiating from behind the curtain. "Yes, of course!" He beamed. You shook your head and walked back inside. You'd leave those two to it for now.
Y/D/N was inside getting the ingredients out for the cake. "Hey, Y/N! Wanna help me get this started?" He beckoned to you.
"Sure!" You walked over to him and read through the list of ingredients. You grabbed the butter.
"So, how did you like the decorations out there? And...where's Cody?" He asked.
"They look great! Actually, that's where Cody is right now. He's still looking at Freddy." You rolled your eyes and smiled, placing the eggs on the counter.
"Oh! Did you see him?"
"No, not yet. I'd rather be surprised later on."
"Ahh, good choice. I'm actually pretty excited. At first I thought those renovations would take up the entire night and this morning, but if I only got it done in a few hours!" He did seem pretty happy with his work, so you were happy for him as well.
"That's great," you said. "Wait, dad, how much sleep did you get last night?"
He was silent for a bit. "Good question..."
"I can handle the cake if you want." You suggested.
Your dad shook his head. "No, no, don't worry about it. I'm fine! I'll catch a quick nap before Aunt Susan comes at 2, and hopefully everything will be ready by then."
"Ok..." you agreed hesitantly. Hopefully things weren't as chaotic as you thought they'd be.