Chapter 19-Teddy Bear

Hang on. This is Chapter 19 of what is now a 40 part story...more than half of this is literally me ranting 😐
And I'm going back to making Freddy's dialogue in italic cause I think I forgot the last couple chapters...
Also THANK YOU GUYS SO MUCH FOR 10K READS 💖🥰

Y/N stepped down the stairs to the basement, not bothered by the wood creaking under her weight. You would usually be more careful about the noise, but your parents were out like a light after dinner. So you were sure they shouldn't be able to hear you.
You slipped through the door, closing it behind you with a satisfying click.
"Hey, Freddy, I'm-" you turned around expecting to see the pink and white bear, but he was nowhere to be seen. You got a little nervous. "F-Freddy? Hey, where you at?" You stopped at the middle of the room, scanning for any places he could be hiding. But none were big enough for him to be hiding behind. You frowned. Then you felt two large arms snap around your torso and bring you up.
"YIPE!" Y/N yelped as her feet left the cold floor's surface. "Freddy, what do you think your doing?!" Funtime Freddy peeked over at your face and smiled. He pulled you closer to him, still hovering in the air, so his muzzle was at around your shoulder.
"I'm waiting for the birthday girl to say hi!" He said cheerfully.
You rolled your eyes. "Ok then. Hi, Freddy." You said with a little wave. Freddy set you down on the ground and you turned to face him. "Wait, where were you hiding? I don't see any spots where you could've hid without me noticing." You asked.
"Oh, no, I didn't hide anywhere. I just stood at the doorway. I expected you to look up at me and get scared, but you looked right past me!" He laughed. Your palm slapped against your forehead. Freddy giggled again at your response and pulled you closer to him, letting his head rest on top of yours. You felt his hands interlock at around your waist and only bring you in closer. Still dragging the thoughts of your previous conversation with Cody, you pushed back against Freddy's chest.
He looked at you with slight confusion in his eyes as he let his hands plop down to his sides. "Um..Y/N?" He asked, spreading his arms for a hug. You stepped away from him and looked down nervously. Freddy started to catch on that something was wrong. He frowned and sat on the ground against the wall. "Alright, Y/N, you can tell me what's wrong right now, or I can drag you down here and force it out of you." He pointed down at his lap. You blushed slightly and only stepped further back. You were still too nervous to talk.
"Can't we talk about something else? Like how my mom's birthday is in a couple days?" You asked.
Freddy kept his frown. "So that's how it's gonna be, huh?" Before you could react, Freddy lurched forward and his hands hooked onto yours. After a bit of tug of war, your legs gave in and you were pulled down onto Freddy. You rolled onto your back coughing up laughter. You opened your eyes and looked up to see Freddy bending over you. He smiled warmly at you. Y/N tried to sit up, but Freddy pushed you back down.
Your body was sprawled out on his lap. Freddy used one hand to lift you up from your back. Once you were at a certain angle, he stopped. "Are you sure you want to do this? You can still tell me what's wrong and I'd be fine with that," Freddy said. You still didn't budge. "Hm. Alright, then!" He took his hand behind your back and curled it around your figure, bringing you in closer to face Freddy. He lifted up your legs as well so most of you was off the ground. The bear snuggled his face up against yours.
"Freddy!" You whined.
"Nope! You're gonna tell me what's bothering you and making you not want to hug me back or I'll just cuddle you all night." Freddy said.
"Nooo!!" You said dramatically, laughing afterwards. After a couple minutes, Freddy remained still, and you noticed that he had been staring into space. "Um...Freddy?" You asked.
That seemed to snap him out of it, he turned to look at you. "What is it, cupcake?" Your hand reached up a little bit.
"Uh...never mind." You said, quickly withdrawing your hand.
"Suit yourself," Freddy said mischievously. He brought both hands over, wrapping around your back and holding you in place. He bent over a little bit and nuzzled his nose against yours. You started laughing.
"No, stop! Seriously! Freddy, that tickles!"
But that only encouraged him. He did move away from your face, only to rub his nose against your cheek. You kept laughing, trying to push him away. When your hand pushed Freddy's nose, making a "squeak" sound, you started laughing even harder.
"Does your nose always do that?" You strained.
"Yeah.." Freddy said with a frown. "Except that I don't really like it when people honk my nose." You finally got your laughter under control and slowed to a stop.
"Sorry," you said.
"No, no. I guess it's alright with me if it's you doing it." He said with a new cheery expression.
"Oh, yeah? Are you okay with me doing this, then?" You reached both arms up at once and started to pet Freddy's ears, making him freeze in place. You chuckled softly at his reaction.
Your hands moved to the sides of his ears and you heard Freddy sigh contently. His ears lowered as his dazed expression turned into a goofy grin.
You decided to take your hands off, but Freddy quickly grabbed onto them. His eyes snapped open and it was then that you noticed he'd ever closed them. "You are just too easy," he said with a smirk.
"What, you finally get me to cuddle up with you?" You snapped.
"Well, yes. And now that you've gotten that over with, tell me what's bothering you?"
"Me and-" you stopped yourself. If I say anything, wouldn't Freddy boast about how his idea "worked"? You sighed. "Freddy, we're friends, right?"
"Yes, of course!" Freddy seemed taken back by the question. "What makes you ask that?"
"I mean....we're just friends, right?" You fidgeted with your fingers.
"Ok, I feel a rather awkward conversation coming on..." Freddy said uneasily. His head tilted away from you, one eyebrow raising questioningly.